Jiuzhaigou Sightseeing Bus
|Sightseeing Bus in Jiuzhai Valley|
Visitors need to take the sightseeing bus to visit the Jiuzhaigou National Park and the bus fare is CNY 90. In order to conserve the fragile ecological environment, sightseeing buses in the scenic area are powered by natural gas. These buses help prevent pollution of the beautiful environment and make sightseeing on the trip a great deal easier.
Sightseeing bus routes start at the entrance gate of the valley, with scheduled stops arranged around the valley's main attractions. Visitors can get on and off the buses at any of the stops in the valley. It is worth noting that the larger buses can only be taken at designated stops. Thus if tourists do wish to get on a bus further along the route then they should aim to catch the medium-size vehicles. The buses start running at 07:00 when the park opens and stop running when the park closes. Make sure that the tour schedule is planned accordingly.
Below are two main bus routes:
1. Entrance – Bonsai Lake – Reed Lake – Shuzheng Valley (Shuzheng Waterfalls and Shuzheng Lakes) – Rhinoceros Lake – Nuoriland Tourists Center – Zechawa Valley – The Long Lake – Entrance
2. Entrance – Bonsai Lake – Reed Lake – Shuzheng Valley (Shuzheng Waterfalls and Shuzheng Lakes) – Rhinoceros Lake – Nuorilang Tourists Center – Rize Valley (Panda Lake, Pearl Shoal Waterfalls etc) – Entrance
The major stations of sightseeing buses and duration:
|Route||Distance (Kilometers)||Duration (Minutes)|
|Entrance - Shuzheng Valley||10||11|
|Entrance - Nuorilang Tourists Center||14||16|
|Entrance – Primitive Forest||31||41|
|Entrance – The Long Lake||32||38|
|Shuzheng Valley - Nuorilang Tourists Center||4||5|
|Shuzheng Valley - The Long Lake||22||27|
|Shuzheng Valley - Primitive Forest||21||30|
|Nuorilang Tourists Center - The Long Lake||18||22|
|Nuorilang Tourists Center - Primitive Forest||17||25|
1. The distance is around 98 kilometers (61 miles) and the sightseeing bus takes about 130 minutes for a round trip.
2. It takes 30-40 minutes to have lunches or buffets at Nuorilang Tourists Center.
Recommended Two-day Travel Routes
Actually, tourists can reach almost all attractions by taking sightseeing bus when traveling to Jiuzhaigou National Park. However, it may reduce the pleasure of this journey if tourists travel by sightseeing bus only. Generally speaking, tourists are advised to visit some spots on foot. They can not only take physical exercises but also get closer to each scenic spot. Below are the detailed recommended routes:
Day 1: Take sightseeing bus to Primitive Forest first. Then take the bus to Arrow Bamboo Lake, from where tourists can walk to visit the following places including Panda Lake, Waterfalls of Panda Lake, Multicolored Lake, Pearl Shoal, Mirror Lake, Nuorilang Tourists Center, and Nuorilang Waterfalls. Afterwards, they can take sightseeing bus to Rhinoceros Lake for a visit and then walk to tour around Tiger Lake, Shuzheng Waterfalls and Shuzheng Lakes. This journey will end at Shuzheng Village where visitors can take sightseeing bus to the entrance and prepare for the second day journey.
Day 2: Take sightseeing bus to the Mirror Lake first. This lake shows the most beautiful scenery in the morning. Later, walk along the plank road to visit Rize Valley Lakes and then take sightseeing bus at Nuorilang Tourists Center and arrive at Long Lake directly. Walk along the plank road from Long Lake to Colorful Pond and then take sightseeing bus to Shuzheng Lakes. Next, they can travel on foot to visit Crouching Dragon Lake, Sparking Lake, Double Dragon Lake and Reed Lake. After touring around, take sightseeing bus to pay a visit to Bonsai Lake. Here the second day tour comes to an end. Tourists can go back to the entrance by sightseeing bus.
1. Tourists are advised to sit by the left side when touring Shuzheng Valley and Zechawa Valley by taking sightseeing buses. They should sit by right side when touring Rize Valley. In this way, they can get better view to appreciate the beautiful scenery along the way.
2. Last Bus Times: 19:00 at Nuorilang Tourists Center; 16:30 at Long Lake; 18:00 at Primitive Forest.
I want to go Songpan Bus Station by taxi. Is it possible?
Because I will stay at Emma's Guesthouse, it is near the bus station.
You mean a car with a driver right?
We could also stay close to park and leave early in the morning.
Is it possible to sleep close to park?
Do you know if there are buses to Songpan in the morning?
I heard that there are direct buses to Songpan from Huanglong. But I have no idea of its schedule. You can ask the staff at the bus station. Good luck! :)