Regulations on Permanent Residence of Aliens in China
The validity of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens is five or ten years. Aliens aged under 18 years old being granted permanent residence should be issued Certificates of Permanent Residence of Aliens of five years. Aliens aged over 18 years granted permanent residence should be issued Certificates of Permanent Residence of Aliens of 10 years.
Requirements for Different Types of Permanent Residence Permit
spouses of Chinese citizens or of aliens having obtained permanent residence in China, whose marriage has lasted for five years, and who have lived in mainland for five years in a row, the annual stay here being no shorter than nine months, and who have stable and secured living status and place to live
unmarried children aged under 18 years old who come to live with their parents
having direct investment, stable investment in China for three years in a row, and having a sound taxation record
having assumed the posts of deputy general manager or deputy director of plants or higher level posts or posts of associate professors or associate research fellows and similar posts for more than four years in a row, and the period of stay in accumulation being no shorter than three years and having sound taxation record
having major and outstanding contributions to China or needed urgently by China
|for Dependants||persons having no direct relatives abroad entering China to live with direct relatives, who are over 60 years old, have lived in China for five years in a row, whose annual stay being no shorter than nine months and have stable and secured living status and places to live.|
How to Submit Application
Authority for handling application of aliens for permanent residence in China is the public security administration of municipal people's government having districts under its administration, and the branch public security bureau or county level public security bureau of municipalities directly under the Central Government. The authority for examining and verifying the applications filed by aliens for permanent residence is the public security administrations of various provinces, autonomous regions or municipalities directly under the Central Government. The authority for the examination and approval of the applications filed by aliens for permanent residence is the Ministry of Public Security.
The applicant or the parent of the applicant who is unmarried and aged under 18 years old can apply for permanent residence in person, or entrust a third party to submit the application. In case of application filed by an entrusted third party, the power of attorney issued by the applicant should be provided. The power of attorney issued by applicants abroad should be attested by Chinese embassies or consulate offices in the countries or regions.
Processing Time and Fees
Fees: 1,500 RMB Application Fee for each person;
300 RMB for each Foreigner's Permanent Residence Permit;
2. Aliens granted permanent residence should stay in China for more than three months in accumulation every year. Whereas they are not able to satisfy that requirement due to certain actual needs, they should obtain approval from the public security administration of the provinces, autonomous regions or municipalities directly under the Central Government where they have the permanent residence. However, their stay in China in a period of five years should be no shorter than one year.
3. Whereas the validity of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens expires, or items of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens have been changed, or the Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens have been lost or damaged, the certificate holders should apply to the public security authority of municipal people's governments with subordinate districts or branch public security bureaus or county level bureaus of municipalities directly under the Central Government where they have permanent residence for change or renewal of certificates. Whereas the public security authority considers that the certificate holders have not lost qualifications to maintain permanent residence in China, it should change or renew the certificates within one month.
4. Aliens holding Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens should apply for renewal of certificates one month prior to the expiration of the validity of the certificates. Whereas the content of the certificates has been changed, the holders should apply for change or renewal within one month upon the changes. In case of damage or loss of the certificates, the holders should apply for renewal or change of certificates in a timely manner.
5. Aliens having permanent residence in China under any of the following circumstances will be cancelled of their permanent residence by the Ministry of Public Security, and their Certificate of Permanent Residence of Aliens will be revoked or declared invalid:
(1). likely to cause harms to the national safety and interests;
(2). ordered by the people's court to be expelled from of the country;
(3). obtaining permanent residence by way of providing falsified materials and other illegal methods;
(4). accumulated stay in a year being less than three months or accumulated stay in a period five years being less than one year, without permission.
1) I'm was born in the 60s in China and my family moved from China to u. K. In the 70s
2) l have apartment and also ancestor home belong to me in China.
3)I have mother and father - in-law in the late 80s in China.
4)l have lot of relatives in China.
5) I'm a frequently travel back to my home in China (examples... I'm travel at least over 10+ times back and forth in the last 3 yrs)
6)I'm have a travel visa for the next five years to China and is not the same as a residential permit holder because without residential permits you can't open a bank account and without a bank account you can't use electron devices for example you can't used WECHAT PAID.
7) I'm in the late 50s and I know where I sure go when the time come.
However, if you happen to have a Hong Kong permanent ID card, then you don't even have to apply for a visa. Simply renew your HKID and apply for a HKSAR passport in Hong Kong, then apply for a Home Return Permit from China Travel Service which entitles you to stay in Mainland China indefinitely.
we are living in Shandong province, but I want to apply to Beijing PBS.
I don't know if they will accept my application.
and please how many years they give me.
and if that means I will not need to renew it during that time.
or every I have to go to renew every year as I am doing now.
thank you look forward to your response.
If I am employed by the University of Nottingham, Ningbo. My wife has serious illness, she needs help, can I bring my parents/parents-in-law to china?