Two Rivers and Four Lakes Scenic Spot
Located in picturesque Guilin City, Two Rivers and Four Lakes Scenic Spot refer to the landscape located around the city which includes Li River (the part within the city), Taohua (Peach Blossom) River, Mulong Lake, Guihu Lake, Ronghu Lake and Shanhu Lake. After years' of development, it can be also divided into Mulong ancient water way scenic area reflecting city culture, Guihu Lake Scenic Area featured by natural beauty and rustic charm and Ronghu-Shanhu Lake Scenic Area showing the elegant demeanor of the landscape ecology city. From these natural and manmade sights, visitors can truly feel the born beauty and deep cultural details of Guilin City.Guihu Lake Scenic Area: Guihu Lake was originally the city moat of the western Guilin City in Song Dynasty (960-1279). It measures over 1,700 meters (1 mile) from north to south and about 110 meters (120 yards) wide on average. A large number of precious arbors and flowers are planted along the lake, such as banyan tree garden, gingko garden, white pines garden, redwood garden, magnolia garden and palm garden. It is also a world of bridges such as Xiqing Bridge, Baoxian Bridge, Lize Bridge, Yingbin Bridge and Guanyin Bridge where visitors can enjoy the beautiful landscape and find them a good setting to take photos. It is not exaggerating to call it an Expo combining famous gardens, flowers, trees and bridges in one. Walk in it, visitors will feel fresh and comfortable as if attaining the perfection of the harmony between man and nature.
Ronghu-Shanhu Lake Scenic Area: Its history can be traced back to Tang (618-907) and Song dynasties. Originally called Nanyang River, it was the manmade city moat of the southern Guilin at that time. In Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368), people called it Jianhu Lake. It was enlarged in Ming Dynasty and became an inner lake, and from that on, many local governments and public offices were installed by the lake. The rich and the famous all built their houses on the lakeside one after another. Many poets and intellectuals have written a lot of poems and literary pieces to describe the charming beauty of the lake.
Li River and Taohua (Peach Blossom) River: The beautiful Li River, like a poem and a picture, is an important component of the mountains and waters in Guilin. Taohua River was diverged into Li River in Ming Dynasty. The two rivers thus connected and have added more beauty to each other.
Visitors are suggested to take a cruise to visit the Two Rivers and Four Lakes Scenic Area.
1. Cruise Routes, Ticket Information and Opening Hours
|Itineraries||Range of Tourism Areas||Boarding & Disembarking Docks||Sailing Time||Ticket Information (for hard-seat cruise ship)||Opening Hours|
|One River and Four Lakes Cruise (day time)||Li Rivers and Four Lakes||Riyuewan ⇌ Jiefangqiao||around 70 minutes||CNY 90 for adult and CNY 45 for children||08:00 - 16:30|
|Two Rivers and Four Lakes Cruise (night time)||Li River, Taohua River and Four Lakes||Wenchangqiao ⇌ Jiefangqiao||around 90 minutes||CNY 200 for adult and CNY 100 for children||19:30 - 21:30|
|Round - Trip Cruise on Four Lakes (nigh ttime)||Four Lakes listed above||Riyuewan||around 65 minutes||CNY 190 for adult and CNY 95 for children||19:30 - 21:30|
|Four Lakes Cruise for VIP (night time)||Four Lakes listed above||Riyuewan||around 60 minutes||CNY 210 for adult and CNY 130 for children||19:30 - 21:30|
1. Ticket prices listed above are for deluxe cruise ship. CNY 5 is deducted per person for soft-seat cruise ship, and CNY 10 per person for ordinary cruise ship.
2. Chilren below 1.2 meters (3.9 feet) are free of charge. Those between 1.2 meters (3.9 feet) and 1.4 meters (4.6 feet) are required to buy children tickets and those above or equal to 1.4 meters (4.6 feet) have to buy adult tickets.
3. The opening hours and departure frequency are subject to change during the low and peak seasons (especially public and legal holidays) without notice.
4. In the flood season or special period, One River and Four Lakes Cruise can be operated. The adult ticket is CNY 180 and the children ticket is CNY 110.
|Twin Pagodas at night|
2. Take bus no. 2, 16, 23 and get off at Xiangshan (Elephant Hill) Park. Then walk along Binjiang Road until you reach Wenchang Bridge and cross the bridge to reach Wenchangqiao Dock.
3. The nearest bus stop to Jiefangqiao Dock is Longyin Bridge Station. It is about 1.1 kilometers (0.7 miles) from the bus station to the dock. Better take a taxi to the Jiefangqiao Dock.
Guilin Bus Search
2. Ticket Office Location
Binjiang Road Ticket Office
Address: No.12, Binjiang Road
Tel: 0773 - 2829393 / 2885898 / 2805098
Jiefang Bridge Liupima (Six Horses) Ticket Office (opened at night)
Tel: (86)0773 - 5634666
Riyuewan Dock Ticket Office
Address: No.1 Shanhu North Road
Tel: (86)0773 - 2858822
Wenchangqiao Dock Ticket Office (opened at night)
Address: No.29, Minzhu Road
Tel: (86)0773 - 3893777
3. Ticket Information Mulong Lake and Twin Pagodas
|Admission Fee to Mulong Lake:||CNY 90|
|Opening Hours:||08:00 - 21:00|
|Transportation:||Take no. 1, 18, 100, 203 and get off at Dongzhenlu Station.|
|Admission Fee to Twin Pagodas:||CNY 35 (children below 3.9 feet are free of charge.)|
|Opening Hours:||08:00 - 17:30|
|Transportation:||Take bus no.2, 3, 10, 11, 99, 100 to get off at Yangqiao Station.|