Guilin Attractions - Things to Do
Guilin boasts magnificent natural beauty and many precious cultural relics. Every visitor going there will be enchanted by the unique karst landscapes, which are embodied in the verdant hills along the Li River and various caves decorated by colorful lights.
If you want to explore the Guilin top attractions in downtown only, one or two days are enough. The Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Seven-Star Park, Silver Cave, and Folded Brocade Hill are the top picks of most travelers.
However, most tourists will extend their trip to Yangshuo by a Li River cruise to fully enjoy the sceneries en route. As the ship sails down the river, you will encounter the most breathtaking part of your Guilin tour at the section from Yangdi Village to Xingping Town.
In addition, it will be a great idea to spend one or two days at the Longji Rice Terraces, a paradise for shutterbugs and ethnic culture lovers.
Top 5 Guilin Attractions
- A must see during your Guilin vacation for the fascinating karst landscapes.
- As it sparkles in the sunlight, the river meanders through lush mountains like a liquid jade belt.
- A Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo is the best way to take in the sceneries.
- The Yellow Cloth Shoal along the Li River is where the background of the CNY20 banknote was taken.
- One of the most beautiful towns in China where you can feel the rustic charm of China’s countryside.
- Li River presents its glamour to the best in Yangshuo. Take a bamboo raft ride on the river is the most-favored way for visitors to relax.
- Cycle along the Ten-Mile Gallery to visit a series of impressive tourist sites including the Big Banyan Tree, Moon Hill, and Assembling Dragon Cave
- The West Street with a history of over 1,400 years, aka the Foreigners’ Street, is filled with bars, restaurants, and cafes.
- A landmark in downtown Guilin and also a highlight of the Li River.
- It vividly looks like a giant elephant drinking water from the river, a wonder created by nature.
- At moonlit night, the semicircular Water Moon Cave between the elephant’s legs and trunk will form a bright moon together with its reflection on the water, which is very impressive.
- On the top of the hill stands the Puxian Pagoda in the shape of a bottle.
- One of the most famous karst caves in Guilin and even in China.
- Merely 5 km (3 mi) from the city center and can be easily accessed by public transport.
- Abundant in stalactites and stalagmites of various shapes, like lions, pagodas, forests and waterfalls.
- Walking in the colorful cave makes you feel like you are inside of a fairy crystal palace.
- About 80 km (50 mi) from Guilin.
- Vast rice terraces reveal the original rural scenery of Longsheng.
- Not only can you view the splendid natural scenes, but also have a glimpse of genuine folk life and culture of the Zhuang and Yao ethnic groups.
- The two most popular sites are the Ping’an Zhuang Village Terraced Fields and the Jinkeng Terraced Fields in Dazhai Village.
3 Days Guilin Private Tour from $369
9 Days Small Group Tour of Beijing - Xi'an - Guilin - Yangshuo from $1649
Seven Stars Park Tickets Booking from $5
Two Rivers and Four Lakes Cruise Tickets from $17
Solitary Beauty Peak and Jingjiang Prince City Tickets from $8
Folded Brocade Hill Tickets Booking from $2
Hot Guilin Attractions
More Attractions in Guilin
A Classic Guilin Attractions Visiting Route for Reference
In the Seven-Star Park, you will have a general idea of Guilin and what sceneries await you in the following days. If you love to see the brightly lightened karst caves, it’s nice to pay a visit to the Reed Flute Cave or the Silver Cave. Then move forward to the Elephant Trunk Hill, a highlight in downtown Guilin. After the tour, you can board the Two Rivers and Four Lake night cruise from the nearby Xiangshan Wharf to appreciate the night view of the city.
On the Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, you will see various luxuriant mountains. It is time to test your imagination as many mountains are named after their shapes. After arriving at Yangshuo, you can have a rest first and then hang around the West Street. At night, it is highly advised to watch the show Impression Sanjie Liu to immerse yourself in the splendid culture and sceneries in Yangshuo.
Rent a bike and cycle along the Ten-Mile Gallery to enjoy the countryside scenery. If interested, you can also drop by some of the tourist attractions on the way, such as the Totem Ancient Path, Butterfly Spring Park, Big Banyan Tree, Assembling Dragon Cave, and Moon Hill. After the visit, take a bus back to Guilin.
Take a bus from Guilin to Longsheng County and then transfer to a local bus to Ping’an Village. Stay overnight there and enjoy the sunrise in the next morning. After the tour, hire a local car to Jinkeng Terraced Fields.
You May Like
2. Generally speaking, it may take about 4 hours.
2.Interested place for 2.5 days?
3.How about transportation around GL and Yangshou?
4.Which area or road is popular for tourist and easy for walking or transport in the city tour?
2. Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Li River Cruise, Yangshuo countryside
3. Around GL, the public bus and long-distance bus are the main mode to reach scenic spots. In Yangshuo, taxis and boat are major modes. Well, if you have specific routes, you can send it to me. I can help you to choose the best transportation solutions.
4. Well, Zhengyang pedestrian Street is a good destination for shopping, entertainment and dining. Considering the transportation, the area around north railway station is also a good choice.