Xiamen Gaoqi Railway Station
Built in 1956, Xiamen Gaoqi Railway Station is 1.3 miles (2.1 kilometers) from the Gaoqi International Airport, 6 miles (10 km) from Xiamen Railway Station, and 7 miles (11.4 kilometers) from Gulangyu Island. The station started operating passenger service in January of 2011. Railway lines passing through the station include the Yingxia (Yingtan - Xiamen) Line and the Fuxia (Fuzhou - Xiamen) Line.
Xiamen Train Schedule
Address: Near Zhongpu Road in Gaoqi Village of Huli District
Two bus stops are located to the east of the railway station. The one nearer the station is called Gaoqi Railway Station stop, and the one farther away is the Gaoqi Railway Station – Zhongbu stop. Passengers can also take taxies when leaving the station. Around the station, restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, and a pharmacy are available for travelers’ convenience.
Outside the station building, a big LED screen offers information not only about tickets and trains, but also gives traveling tips. In order to deal with the large passenger flow, the station has built both indoor waiting rooms and outdoor waiting rooms. Wash rooms and drinking water are available in the waiting rooms. In addition, a special waiting room is available in the station for mothers with infants.
Left luggage service is available in the station. One can turn for help to the staff there or use the self-service lockers. The price for each piece is about CNY5 to CNY20 per day.
1. Take bus No. 27, 59, 93, 125, 655, 658, 951, 952, 953, 954, 956, 959, or 996 and get off at Gaoqi Railway Station.
2. Take bus No 44, 59, 81, 93, 125, 432, 651, 659, 840, 941, 942, 943 (fast), 950, 951, 956, 993, or 994 and get off at Gaoqi Railway Station - Zhongbu stop.
1. It takes 15 minutes and costs CNY 15 from Gaoqi International Airport.
2. It takes 30 minutes and costs CNY 45 from Xiamen North Railway Station.
How to get to famous tourism sites and other stations:
1. To Gulangyu Island:
1) Take bus No. 952 or 655 and get off at Xiamen Ferry Terminal. From there you can reach the island by ferry.
2) Take bus No. 951 or 941 and get off at the Beach Building stop. From there catch the ferry to reach.
2. To South Putuo Temple:
1) Take bus No. 959 and get off at Xiamen University stop.
2) Take bus No. 943 (fast) or 659 and get off at the West Village of Xiamen University. Walk along West Yanwu Road to South Siming Road, and you’ll see it.
3. To Xiamen North Railway Station:
Take bus 953 or 950 and get off at North Railway Station.
How to get to Gaoqi International Airport:
1. Take bus No. 27 and get off at the Departure Hall of the Airport. From there you can walk to the airport.