Nanjing Transportation Smart Card
There are two kinds of transportation smart card in Nanjing, the Nanjing Public Utility IC Card (PUIC; also called Jin Ling Tong in Chinese) for citizens and visitors, and the Nanjing Citizen Card (NJCC) for the locals only.
Nanjing Public Utility IC Card
A savings card with swipe payment function was issued by Nanjing Public Utility IC Card Company.
PUIC can be used on most of the transport systems in Nanjing City, including buses and taxis, metros and ferries. It can also be used in some supermarkets, tourist attractions, car parking, washing and maintaining, etc. The ticket price of city buses will be reduced by 20% and metro fares will have a 5% deduction on the ordinary fare when using the card.
There are two types - named cards and unnamed cards. Named cards include those for adults and students, while unnamed ones are classified into ordinary, souvenir and special cards. The special cards have various forms, such as wristwatches, mobile phone hanging decorations, key buckles, etc.
For named cards, you need to show valid identification. A deposit of CNY 30 must be stored first and CNY 1 will be charged per month for 30 months. For unnamed cards, no identification is needed. Some fees are charged for each type. You can apply at Huaxia Bank, General City-bus Station and some metro stations.
Unnamed cards can not be refunded, while named cards can be refunded. When refunding, you need to show the valid identification you used in your application. A deposit of CNY 30 is needed and the rest of the money on the lost card will be charged on the new one.
1. South City Service Center: No. 19, Yingtian Street (8:00 - 17:30)
2. Xinanli Service Center: No. 8 - 34, Xinanli Block (8:00 - 17:30)
3. North City Service Center: No. 322-1, Maigaoqiao Heyan Road (8:00 - 17:30)
4. Gupinggang Service Center: No. 1, Gupinggang (8:00 - 17:30)
5. Drum Tower Branch of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: No. 81, Huaqiao Road (9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00)
6. Liuhe Branch of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: No. 18, Yan’an Road, Xiongzhou Town, Liuhe District (8:00 - 17:30)
7. North City Branch of Bank of Communications: No. 286, North Zhongshan Road (9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00)
8. Zhongshan Branch of Nanjing Bank: No. 91, Shanghai Road (9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00)
9. Houzaimen Branch of Bank of China: No. 50, Houzaimen (9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00)
10. Pukou Branch of China Construction Bank: No. 8, Wende Road, Zhujiang Town, Pukou District (8:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 17:00)
11. North Daqiao Road Branch of China Construction Bank: Hongyang Mansion, No. 9, North Daqiao Road, Pukou District (8:30 - 12:00, 14:00 - 17:00)
12. Longjiang Branch of China Construction Bank: No. 289, North Jiangdong Road
13. Citizen Card Service Center: 1F, Olympic Sports Xincheng Mansion, No. 259, Middle Jiangdong Road (8:30 - 12:00, 14:00 - 17:00)
14. Golden Coast Service Center: Golden Coast, No. 999, Jinbo Road, Jiangning (8:00 - 17:30)
15. Zhongshan Port Service Center: No. 643, North Zhongshan Road (8:00 - 17:30)
16. Some big Suguo Supermarkets
17. Some metro stations
1. You cannot claim for the loss of an unnamed card.
2. Do not store too much money on the unnamed card, since there is no compensation for the loss.
3. It is not advisable to apply for a card if you are traveling in the city for less than 5 days, as it will not save much money.
Nanjing Citizen Card
This is a smart IC card combining functions of public transport, social security and banking.
It includes a social security service function. Citizens can apply for additional services according to their needs, such as PUIC service and bank credit service. When activating and charging the electronic purse function, it can be used for public transportation, medical care, culture, education, travel, media, tax and daily life consumption.
Only Nanjing citizens and other people who want to use social security services in the city are allowed to apply for NJCC. When applying, you need to show your valid identification, such as personal identity card, registered permanent residence booklet, passport or HK-Macau Permit. CNY 20 needs to be paid as the card fee. You can get your card at appointed outlets within six month after being informed. Otherwise, it will be destroyed.
For bank credit, you can apply for a refund of the balance according to the regulations of the bank. The maximum amount of storage is CNY1,000 for the electric purse. 90% of the balance will be refunded and 10% will be deducted as commission charge.
1. Citizen Card Service Center: 1F, Olympic Sports Xincheng Mansion, No. 259, Middle Jiangdong Road (8:30 - 12:00, 14:00 - 17:00)
2. Social Insurance Manage Center of Drum Tower District: 22F, Jianwei Building, No. 88, North Zhongshan Road
3. Social Insurance Manage Center of Xuanwu District: No. 275, Zhujiang Road
4. Social Insurance Manage Center of Baixia District: No. 112, Muxuyuan Street
5. Social Insurance Manage Center of Qinhuai District: No. 505, Zhonghua Road
6. Social Insurance Manage Center of Yuhuatai District: No. 1, East Yuhua Road
Tips: For foreigners, Hong Kong people and Macau people, valid working documents in the city and their passports must be provided when applying NJCC.