Hangzhou Transportation Smart Card
Hangzhou Transportation Smart Card, like the MetroCard in New York City and the Oyster Card in London, can be used on city-buses, some taxis and other public vehicles. There are two large kinds of smart card in the city, the Xiling Card and the Transportation IC Card. The Xiling Card is a day card for tourists and the Transportation IC Card is for both the citizens and visitors.
Xi Ling Card
It is a card that charged by how many times it is used and its effective time. It can only be used on buses. There are two types of it:
One Day Card is CNY15/one, it can be used 8 times in a day, which means that it is effective from the first time you use it till 24:00 of that day.
Two Day Card is CNY25/one, it can be used 16 times in 2 days which means that it is effective from the first time you use it till 24:00 of the next day.
Xi Ling Cards can be used on all the bus lines except 513 and 598. The opening hours of the card center are from 08:00 to 16:00.
Hangzhou Transportation IC Card
|Put Your Transportation |
IC Card on the Electric Locker
Applying and Reloading
Z card can be applied for at most bicycle service spots around West Lake as well as the Smart Card Center. When applying for a Z Card, show your valid identification at bicycle service spot or Smart Card center and fill in the Application Form. CNY300 must be stored (CNY200 as credit caution money, CNY100 for consumption) when applying. Once applied, it can be reloaded at any reloading office of IC Card in the city.
Z Card can be used on bicycle renting, buses, taxi, water bus and parking lot. The ticket fare of city buses will be deducted at 91% of ordinary fare while full amount will be charged at the other places.
When refunding, you need to show the valid identification you used when applying. If you ask for a refund within ten days since the last time you used the card, you can claim your refund at either a refundable public bicycle service spot or a Smart Card Center. All your credit caution money and balance will be refunded. If you try to claim a refund 10 days or more after the last time you use it, you can only claim the refund at the Smart Card Center. The refund procedure is as for refunding D and T Card.
Ordinary Card (D Card)
Applying and Reloading
Anyone can apply for and reload a D Card at any reloading offices in town including the Smart Card Center. You have to store at least CNY50 on it when applying.
D Card has electronic purse function which can be used in some stores including China Post. It can be used on all the buses and water buses. Ticket fare will be deducted at 91% of ordinary fare on city buses while full charge will be deducted when taking water buses.
When claiming a refund, you need to show the valid identification and the application you used when applying. 90% of the balance will be refunded and 1% of the balance will be charged as poundage, the rest of the money will not be refunded.
All Purpose Cards (T Card)
T Card have the function of most IC Cards; they can be used on buses, the ticket fare being deducted at 91% of ordinary fare. They can also be used for taxis and water buses with IC Card Processors. You need to store at least CNY50 on it when applying. If you store more than CNY200, it can be used on public bicycle renting. The applying and refunding procedure for the T Card is the same as the D one.
1. Declaring the loss of a T or D Card would not be accepted.
2. Do not store too much money on the D and T card, since there is no compensation for lost ones.
3. CNY25 would be charged as maintenance fee when applying for D, T and Z Card.
Where to reload the Smart Card?
1. Smart Card Center: 20 Long Xiang Lu, Yan An Lu Bus Stop
2. Branches of China Merchants Bank, Hangzhou Daily and some cell phone reloading stores can reload the Transportation Smart Card. Apart from these, some book stores and other kind of store that have the sign on it are all available of reloading. The reloading time of each place are a little different, some just work from 20th of the 5th of the next month.
Thank you 😊
You can also simply download an app to your cellphone.
1) May I know which card is recommended to buy if I will be taking the metro & buses on this trip? Is there a 4 days card pass for Hangzhou?
2) Can this transport card buy at Hangzhou East Railway Station or any of the metro stations?
3) How much is one card? & can it be paid with cash or an international credit card like MasterCard/Visa?
2. Yes, it can be bought at any metro station.
3. It costs CNY40. Yes, cash and credit cards are all available.
Is there a 3-day Xiling card? & where can I buy the Xi Ling Card, can it be bought at the metro station too?
2. Can Z card be used for bus and metro also?
3. Can I return the Z card and receive a refund at any metro station or Passenger Transport Central Station?
4. Can I get a refund immediately? or How long can I get my refund (by cash or credit card?)