Hangzhou City-Bus and Taxi
Downtown Lines: Mainly from 1 to 96 with some exceptions.
Night Lines: From 201–251
Suburban Lines: 300–498, 700–799 with some exceptions.
Micro Bus Lines: 801–879 with some exceptions.
Mini Bus Lines: 801–879 with some exceptions.
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lines: Lines that start with the letter "B", such as B1, B2, B支1, B支2, etc.
Tourist Lines: Y2, Y6, Y8, Y9, Y10
In general, buses in the downtown area run from 05:00 to 22:30. Some suburban lines stop as early as 17:30 or 18:00. The night lines from 201 to 251 run from 21:30 p.m. to 05:30 a. m.
Most of the city-buses charge CNY1–3 per person. There is a discount on the normal ticket fare when paying with a Transportation Smart Card. Most of the buses are self-service with no refund for overpayment, so passengers need to prepare the exact small change beforehand. Each child who is accompanied by an adult can take bus for free if he/she is below 4ft (1.3m).
Tourist Bus Lines
Hangzhou is a world famous tourist city, with many scenic spots scattered throughout the city. The tourist lines will take you to most of the scenic spots. Passengers can also take the convenient city bus to tour around the city. At present, there are 5 tourist lines.
Y2 provides service to the Lingyin Temple and Mausoleum of General Yue Fei;
Y2 and Y6 provide service to Hong Chun Qiao where you can visit the Twin Peaks Piercing the Clouds.
Y9 sends visitors to Hangzhou Zoo and Huanglong Tourism Distribution Center.
Y10 takes people to the Zhejiang Provincial Museum.
1. It would be hard to hail a taxi around 3:00-4:00pm when drivers are usually changing shifts.
2. Unless taxi is the only choice to your hotel from Xiaoshan Airport or the Railway Stations, or it is best to take airport shuttle bus or city bus, because taxis are not that easy to catch at the places and you may be overcharged.
3. It is suggested to take “official” taxis (with a Taxi sign on the car) and ask the driver to charge by meter. When getting off, it is best to ask for the receipt.
|Taxi in Hangzhou|
4. Taxi reservation hotline: 86 - 0571 - 28811111.
5. Reference taxi fare to nearby areas/cities: to Shanghai: CNY600-700, to Nanjing: CNY1,000-1,300, to Suzhou: CNY350-500, to Wuzhen: CNY200-300, to Xitang: CNY200-300.
1. Usually, it is not hard to rent a taxi near the Long Distance Bus Stations. Besides, near the coach stations, some car rental companies are available. The reference price is CNY350-600 per day with a driver; without driver, the price is between CNY250 and CNY450, depending on the type of vehicle.
2. Some drivers may extend an olive branch with incredibly low price if you need to rent a car. Suppose being charged only CNY100-200 per day, you'd better not hire them! Anyone offering you such so called “bargains” probably thinks about luring you into buying something during the trip, such as expensive tea and silk.
Can I buy the ticket on the bus? or where I can buy the ticket.
I have to stay at the airport about 9.00 pm .
The ticket office is near the bus stop. The bus departs at 06:00,07:30,08:30,09:20,10:00,11:20 in the morning and it takes about 1 hour to the airport. It is better for you to catch the 7:30 departure.
we must stay at 8.30 am 9 am at the airport
If we take a taxi is it necessary to reserve ? and can we pay by credit card
Therefore, you are advised to take a taxi to the airport, with duration of 50 - 60 minutes. And you'd better set out at 07:00 or so by taxi and the hotel you live in can help you book a taxi in advance. You are unable to pay the taxi fee with your credit card because in most taxis there is no machines for the credit card. You'd better prepare some cash.
I will take a taxi and pay cash
Thanks a lot