Hangzhou City-Bus and Taxi
1. Downtown Regular Lines: Mainly numbered 1 to 199 with some exceptions.
2. Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lines: 201, 205, 206, 220, 233
3. Night Lines: 8000 - 8999
4. Suburban Lines: 300 - 399, 500 - 599 with some exceptions.
5. Community Bus Lines: 1000 - 1999 with some exceptions.
6. Tourist Lines: Y2, Y6, Y8, Y9, Y10
Here below is a list of the regular bus lines to major scenic sites in the city:
|West Lake||27, 87, 508|
|Lingyin Temple||7, 103, 121, 278, 324, 407, 1314|
|Hangzhou Zoo||4, 31, 180, 194, 197, 314, 315, 318|
|Six Harmonies Pagoda||4, 39, 314, 318, 500, 7280, 8202|
|Qinghefang Ancient Street||8, 127, 195, 7280, 8208|
|Botanical Garden||7, 15, 16, 28, 79, 82, 87, 103, 197, 278, 107|
|Hangzhou Railway Station||3, 7, 90, 182, 185, 188|
|East Railway Station||20, 28, 31, 33, 43, 105, 106, 179, 206, 215, 220, 228, 283, 287, 8179|
In general, buses in the downtown area run from 05:00 to 22:30. Some suburban lines stop as early as at 17:30 or 18:00. The night lines usually run from 21:30 to 05:30 next day.
Ticket Fare & How to Pay:
Most of the Hangzhou city buses charge CNY1–3 per person. There is a discount when paying with a Transportation Smart Card, Wetchat Pay and Alipay. Most of the buses are self-service with no refund for over-payment, so passengers need to prepare the exact small change beforehand if paying by cash. A child who is below 1.3 meters (4 feet) and accompanied by an adult can take bus for free.
Tourist Bus Lines
Hangzhou is a world famous tourist city, with many scenic spots scattering throughout the city. The tourist lines link most of the scenic spots, which is very convenient. These tourist city buses are starting with "Y", mainly numbered Y2-Y9. Among them, Y2 and Y9 are equipped with guides to introduce the scenic spots along the way. There are also two tourist bus lines around the West Lake: 51 and 52. If you have time, you can take them to enjoy a leisurely tour of the West Lake. If you want to visit the scenic spots around the West Lake, you can also choose the double-decker West Lake sightseeing bus.
Hangzhou Taxi Price
The flag-down fare is CNY 11 for the first 3 kilometers (2 miles). It costs CNY 2.5 per kilometer (0.6 mile) for the following 3-10 kilometers (2-6 miles) and CNY 3.75 per kilometer for the distance over 10 kilometers (6 miles). It costs CNY 2.5 for every 4 minutes’ while waiting. Take Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport as the starting point, here under is the taxi fare for reference:
|West Lake||31km (19mi)||CNY 130 - 140|
|Lingyin Temple||36km (22mi)||CNY 150 - 160|
|Hangzhou Zoo||34km (21mi)||CNY 120 - 140|
|Six Harmonies Pagoda||34km (21mi)||CNY 120 - 140|
|Qinghefang Ancient Street||28km (17mi)||CNY 100 - 110|
|Botanical Garden||33km (20mi)||CNY 120 - 130|
|Hangzhou Railway Station||28km (17mi)||CNY 90 - 100|
|East Railway Station||32km (20mi)||CNY 90 - 110|
How to Pay the Taxi Fare
The payment may be by cash, Wechat Pay and Alipay. However, the international debit card and credit card such as Visa card and MasterCard cannot work currently.
|Taxi in Hangzhou|
Tips on How to Take a Taxi in Hangzhou:
1. It would be hard to hail a taxi at around 16:00 - 17:00 when drivers usually change shifts.
2. Unless taxi is the only choice to your hotel from Xiaoshan Airport or the Railway Stations, or it is best to take airport shuttle bus or city bus, because you may need to wait in a long queue, especially during the peak travel season.
3. It is suggested to take “official” taxis (with a Taxi sign on the car) and ask the driver to charge by meter. When getting off, it is best to ask for the receipt.
4.Taxi reservation hotline: 86 - 0571 - 28811111.
5.Besides the official taxis, you can also use the Ride-Hailing Apps, such as Didi and CaoCao, which bring a lot of convenience. They can help you summon a car in moments, especially in peak hours.
1. Usually, it is not hard to rent a taxi near the airport, railway stations, and long-distance bus stations. The reference price is CNY450-700 per day with a driver; without driver, the price is between CNY350 and CNY550, depending on the type of vehicle. You need to know that China doesn’t recognize the international drivers’ licenses, and you need to get a Chinese driver's license before self-driving in China.
2. Some drivers may extend an olive branch with incredibly low price if you need to rent a car. Suppose being charged only CNY100-200 per day, you'd better not hire them! Anyone offering you such so called “bargains” probably thinks about luring you into buying something during the trip, such as expensive tea and silk.
But don't worry. Generally speaking, it will be easy for you to hail a taxi at the airport.