China Consulate in Houston, USA

 Visa Application Form of PRC
  Detail Procedure for Application
  (How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa FeesPick-up, etc)
  For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China

Consul General: Ms. Li Qiangmin
Address: 3417 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77006, U.S.A
Tel: +1-713-5201462
Fax: +1-713-5213064 
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)


Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Houston

Tel: +1-713-5217459 (24-hour Answering Service)
      +1-713-5278954 (Manned Service between 09:00-10:00 in workday)
Office Hours: 09:30-11:30; 13:30-15:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

 Consular Districts: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas and Puerto Rico.
If you live in other regions, please contact the embassy or consulate in your region. Otherwise, your application will be delayed or even denied.

Means of Payment

The Consular Office in Houston does not accept cash payment for all document services. For all services, the consulate only accepts Master Card, Visa Card, Money Order, Cashier's Check and company check made payable to "Chinese Consulate General in Houston".

2020 Public Holidays of the Consulate in Houston (Consular Section)

Festivals Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Wednesday
Chinese New Year January 27 & 28 Monday & Tuesday
Qingming Festival April 6 Monday
Labor Day May 1 Friday
Independence Day July 3 Friday
Mid-Autumn Festival & Chinese National Day October 1 - 2 Thursday & Friday
Thanksgiving Day November 26 & 27 Thursday & Friday
Christmas Day December 25 Friday

Notice of Parking-lot

For the convenience of applicants, the Consulate in Houston has leased a designated parking-lot which is located at the parking area north and west of the La Columber D'Or restaurant (the restaurant faces the front gate of the consulate across the street).

Parking hours: 08:30 - 12:00, 13:30 - 16:00, Monday through Friday.


Map of the Consulate in Houston


Drive on highway 45: Exit at 47A, drive along Allen Pkwy and turn left on Montrose Blvd., arrive at 3417 Montrose Blvd. on the left. 

Drive on highway 59: From South of Houston, drive on highway 59N, exit at Richmond Ave., turn left on Richmond Ave., turn right on Montrose Blvd., arrive at 3417 Montrose Blvd. on the right; From North of Houston, Drive on highway 59S, exit at McGowen St., drive along Hamilton St., turn right on Elgin St. (Elgin St. will change to Westheimer Rd.), turn left on Montrose Blvd., arrive at 3417 Montrose Blvd. on the left.
 Recommended Tours:
China Tours from USA
China Tour from Detroit USA
China Tour from Houston

- Last modified on Apr. 29, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Houston
Asked by David O Carlson from UNITED STATES | Apr. 27, 2020 08:37Reply
Chinese work visa renewal for United Airlines Flight Attendant
I am a United Airlines flight attendant and need to renew my Chinese visa. When will the Houston office be opened?
Answers (1)
Answered by Frank from USA | Apr. 29, 2020 20:25

David, please call this number to consult: 832-240-3780.
Asked by Susan Zhang from UNITED STATES | Feb. 18, 2020 11:09Reply
Need to renew my Chinese passport
Can you tell me where to download the application form for renewing my Chinese Passport?
Also do I need to schedule the appointment ahead of time? If so, can you provide the link please.
Answers (1)
Answered by Bonnie from USA | Feb. 21, 2020 19:05

You can search "海外申请护照在线预约" and log into the website to fill out the application and schedule an appointment.
Asked by Han from USA | Feb. 04, 2020 12:04Reply
Change last name to a foreign one on passport
I am a Chinese national married to a foreigner. Can I change my last name to a foreign one on my passport?
Answers (1)
Answered by Cindy from SINGAPORE | Feb. 11, 2020 18:31

I don't think you can do this. Please contact the local Civil Affairs Bureau to consult.
Asked by Robert pettey from USA | Dec. 13, 2019 13:03Reply
What do we need to have to get married in China. I am a American livening here. She is Chinese livening there. We want to get married in China.
Answers (1)
Answered by Amanda from UNITED KINGDOM | Dec. 15, 2019 23:09

You need to prepare your passport, visa, photo, and a single status certificate.
Your spouse needs to prepare her hukouben (household registration book), ID card and photo.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)