Zhouzhuang Water Town
In an area of 124 acres (half a square kilometer), 60 percent of the existing structures here were built during the Ming and Qing Dynasties, which is from 1368 to 1911. Taking the most convenient form of transport here, a gondola, we will admire some of the breathtaking sights one by one.
Twin Bridges (Shuang qiao)
Chengxu Taoist Temple
The preceding sight-seeing sites are just a little part of the pretty attractions of this water town. Besides these historic sights, the local folklore, traditions and legends of this water township, such as the dragon boat race, the granny tea or the Wansan home-style banquet which are formed from the immemorial civilization and history are also the indispensable elements for an unforgettable tour.
How to get to Zhouzhuang Water Town from Shanghai
2. Take a bus from Shanghai Intercity Bus Terminal. The bus departs at 8:30, 10:40, 14:20, and 16:20, at a fare of CNY 29 or 34.
3. Take a bus from Shanghai Hongqiao Long-Distance Bus Station. The bus departs at 8:45 and 14:06, at a fare of CNY 34.
4. Take a tourist bus from the General Station of the Shanghai Tour Bus Center or Hongkou Branch to the town.
5. Take Shanghai Metro Line 11, get off at Huaqiao Station and then change Kunshan tourism bus no. 7 to Zhouzhuang Bus Station.
How to get to Zhouzhuang Water Town from Suzhou
1. From Suzhou to Zhouzhuang, visitors can take a bus at Suzhou North Bus Station. The bus departs about every 40 minutes from 7:00 to 18:05, at a fare of CNY 16.
2. Take a Suzhou to Zhouzhuang bus from the north square of Suzhou Railway Station. The bus departs about every 30 to 40 minutes from 6:50 to 18:10, at a fare of CNY 16.
Suzhou Bus Search
How to get to Zhouzhuang Water Town from Hangzhou
Take a bus from Hangzhou North Bus Station located at No. 766 Moganshan Road to Kunshan New Bus Station. Then take bus no. 130 or tourism bus. no 1 and get off at the town.
|Admission Fees|| |
Daytime Ticket: CNY 100 (for entry to the town and seeing 15 scenic spots)
|Opening Hours||The town is open all day long. |
The scenic spots inside are open from 8:00 to 16:30, except Zhang House and Shen House are open for the whole day.
|Performance||Four Seasons of Zhouzhuang: CNY 150 (ordinary seat) |
Free for children below 1.2 meters (3.9 feet), without seat; CNY 75 for children between 1.2 and 1.4 meters (3.9 - 4.6 feet), with seat.
|Boat||CNY 180 for a daytime cruise; CNY 220 for a night cruise |
A boat allows six people at most and a cruise takes about half an hour.
Guangfu Ancient Town
Mudu Ancient Town
Shaxi Ancient Town
Top 8 Suzhou Water Towns
8 Best Water Towns near Shanghai
Top 10 Water Towns in China
You May Like
Do i need to book the bus ticket in advance or just come to the north square bus stop on the day of my visit to Zhouzhuang water town and purchase the bus ticket?
How long to spend in Zhouzhuang water town?
Is it do-able to visit Tongli water town after that?
Any alternative way to commute from Zhouzhuang to Tongli water town besides of taking taxi?
How long is adviseable to spend in Tongli water town?
Is it far walking distance from Tongli water town to Tongli station line 4?
Because after that, i plan to return to Suzhou railway station from Tongli station line 4. :)
2. No need to book tickets in advance, just get to the bus station early to purchase the ticket.
3. In fact, you need to spend at least 5-6 hours in Zhouzhuang.
4. Time is too tight to visit both towns. It is better to visit Tongli in the next day. You can take Bus Line 758 and then transfer to Bus Line 725 to the town.
5. It also takes about 4-5 hours.
6. It is not so close and you are suggested to take Bus Line 724 for 4 stops.
if so, how long to take a walk from Suzhou railway station to reach the bus terminal?
And where is the bus actually located? Is it easily spotted?
The distance is about 500m, 10 mins' walk is enough.
It is located on the north of the railway station and it is easily spotted.