How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Pudong Airport
1. The most recommended way to travel from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Pudong Airport is by airport shuttle bus line 1, which takes 70 minutes and costs CNY34. It will take longer if you get stuck in a traffic jam.
2. Metro line 2, which takes 90 minutes and costs CNY8, is also a great choice. You don’t need to worry about the traffic jam, but you will need to carry your luggage up and down the cabin.
3. If you want to save some time, take metro line 2 then change to the world’s fastest maglev train. The total travel time is about 75 minutes and the total cost is CNY56.
4. A taxi is another option but the most expensive.
The times mentioned in the text is only the duration onboard, and does not include the time for transferring and waiting. Plan on at least half an hour more for transferring and waiting.
1. First Choice - Airport Shuttle Bus Line 1: 70 minutes, CNY34
Pick-up point: Near the east exit of the Hongqiao Railway Station
Drop-off point: Terminal 1 (T1) or T2
Duration: about 70 minutes
Ticket Fare: CNY34
Opening Time: 06:00 - 23:00
Frequency: every 15 - 25 minutes or when full
Airport Shuttle Bus Line 1 is the most recommended and popular way due to its shorter duration and relatively cheap ticket price. However, there is a possibility of traffic congestion on the way.
→ Walk following the bilingual direction signs to the metro entrance on level B1 of the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
→ Take metro line 2 to Longyang Road, 17 stops.
→ Change to the Maglev Train to Pudong International Airport, 1 stop. The Maglev leaves every 15-20 minutes.
The Maglev station is between T1 and T2 in the Pudong airport, about 500 meters (550 yards) away from either of them. Pay attention to the direction signs and make sure you go to the right terminal building.
3. Cheapest Way: Metro Line 2 + Metro Line 2 East Extension Line: 90 minutes, CNY 8
→ Take metro line 2 to Guanglan Road, 20 stops.
→ Transfer to Metro Line 2 East Extension Line to Pudong International Airport, 8 stops.
The metro line 2 station is between T1 and T2, about 200 meters (220 yards) from both.
This is the cheapest way to travel from the Hongqiao Railway Station to Pudong Airport. However, it takes the longest and the cabins are always crowded during peak hours.
4. Taxi: 70 minutes, CNY 230
There is the most expensive way to go and is not always the fastest. There are south and north pick-up points on the B1 level of the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station. The cheapest and most direct way is to use the south pick-up point. Be prepared for a long queue at peak hours.
How to Travel from Beijing to Shanghai
Beijing - Shanghai High Speed Train
Beijing - Shanghai Overnight Sleeper Train
Beijing - Shanghai Train VS. Plane
Cheapest Way to Travel between Beijing and Shanghai
How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to the Bund
How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to People’s Square & Nanjing Road