How to Travel from Beijing to Shanghai
How far is Beijing to Shanghai? The Beijing to Shanghai distance is around 1,100 kilometers (680 miles). There are 4 ways of transportation:
1. High speed train is the best and the most popular way to go from Beijing to Shanghai with the travel time of 4.5 - 6.5 hours and the least cost of CNY 553.
2. Flight is the fastest way, taking 2 - 2.5 hours, meanwhile the most expensive way.
3. Overnight sleeper train which takes around 12 - 15 hours is an economy way popular among budget travelers.
4. Long-distance bus is not recommended because of its few schedule and long duration.
|How to Travel from Beijing to Shanghai|
1. Best Way - Beijing - Shanghai High Speed Train: 4.5 - 6.5 hours, CNY 553/ 558
From Beijing South Railway Station: Over 40 trains from 06:43 to 19:08
Ticket Price: CNY553/ 558 for a second class seat, CNY933/ 939 for a first class seat, CNY1,748/ 1,762.5 for a business class seat
This is the common and the best way to travel from Beijing to Shanghai. Although the duration on the train is longer than the time on the plane, the railway stations are easier to be reached than airports; also, the security check at railway stations is faster than at airports. Last but not least, experiencing high speed train has been a must for travelers to China.
2. Fastest Way - Beijing - Shanghai Flight: 2 - 2.5 hours, CNY 1,490 ( usually 20%-60% off)
Ticket Price: CNY 1,490 for full-fare economy class.
Normally, there is a 30% - 60% off discount from November to next March and a 20% - 40% off discount from April to October. Still, this is the most expensive way after adding airport fee and fuel cost.
3. Economy Way - Beijing - Shanghai Overnight Sleeper Train: 12-15 hours, CNY 325.5 - 414.5
From Beijing/ Beijing South Railway Station: 18:58, 19:22, 19:36, 19:42, 20:05, 21:21
T/ Z Trains: CNY 919.5 for a Deluxe Soft Sleeper, CNY 494.5/ 497.5 for a soft sleeper, CNY 325.5 for a hard sleeper
D Trains: CNY 599 - 603 for a First Class Sleeper, CNY 412.5 - 414.5 for a Second Class Sleeper
Overnight sleeper train is an economy choice for passengers with a tight budget. The trains run through the evening and passengers can save a night’s hotel expense. There are also seat classes onboard, but passengers are advised to choose sleepers for a comfortable ride.
4. Long-distance Bus: Around 14 hours, CNY 342 - 354
From Beijing Zhaogongkou Long-distance Bus Station: 15:50 every day
Price: around CNY 350
It is not recommended to take bus to travel from Beijing to Shanghai or from Shanghai to Beijing. Not only because of the long duration, but also because of the small space and limited facilities inside.
How to Travel from Shanghai to Beijing
Beijing - Shanghai Train VS. Plane
Cheapest Way to Travel between Beijing and Shanghai
How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Pudong Airport
How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to the Bund
How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to People’s Square & Nanjing Road