Longyan Travel Guide
Chinese Name: 龙岩市 (lóng yán shì)
Area: 19,050 square kilometers (7,355 square miles)
Location: Longyan is seated in western Fujian Province, bordered by Quanzhou and Sanming in east and north. It also neighbors Ganzhou of Jiangxi Province in the west and Meizhou of Guangdong Province in the south.
Administrative Division: 1 district (Xinluo); 5 counties (Changting, Yongding, Shanghang, Wuping, Liancheng); 1 county-level city (Zhangping)
Seat of the City Government: No.62, Heping Road, Xinluo District
Useful Telephone Numbers:
Tourist Complaints: 0597-2336649
Weather Forecast: 121
Zip Code Inquiry: 184
Bank of China Longyan Branch: Longchuan Road, Xinluo District
China Post Longyan Branch: Xi'an Road (South), Xinluo District
Tulou is a kind of traditional rammed citadel of the Hakkas. The resident building can be round and square. In Yongding County, there are entirely three hundred and sixty round houses and four thousand square houses. The grand complex of Hakka residence in Yongding show best the intelligence of the Hakka, added luster to Chinese traditional architecture. It's a highlight in Longyan travel.
Located 0.6 miles to the eastern suburb of Liancheng County in Fujian Province, Guanzhai Mountain is renowned for its majestic, attractive scenic sight as well as the unique Danxia landscape. The shape of the mountain is like the crown of Xiezhi that is a strange beast in Chinese ancient legend, hence the mountain's name "Guanzhai".
Covering an area of 47 square miles, Guanzhai Mountain scenic spot is a combination of mountains, lakes and rivers, caves and temples. Lingzhi Peak, shaped like a fungi, is the main peak, measuring 2,168 feet in height. Stand upon its flat topped summit, you will see a panoramic vista of villages amongst green field toward the west. To the east, high cliffs stand majestically, stacked one upon another. Wulao Peak to the southwest, rises close to Lingzhi Peak. There is a crevasse between the two peaks, called "Yi Xi'an Tian" (a gleam of sky).
Guanzhai Mountain also is blessed with notable manmade landscapes, among which are the academies of classical learning built during the Song (960-1279), Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) dynasties in the majority with Yangzhi Pavilion, Qiushi Academy, Xiuzhu Academy and Dongshan Cottage being the more famous ones. There are two temples: Fayun Temple built in the late Song Dynasty, and Lingzhi Temple mainly offers sacrifice to Kwan-yin, the mercy Buddha.
Due to its striking beauty, Guanzhai Mountain attracted countless men of letters to leave a great many precious calligraphies and paintings at these sites. Today, more and more visitors come here for activities such as mountain hiking, sightseeing or just to relax.
Longyan Bus Station: at the juncture between Xi'an Road (South) and Qiaomin Road, Xinluo District
This city belongs to the subtropical zone, enjoying an oceanic monsoon climate. Its weather is moderate all the year round. Without chilly winter and torrid summer, the annual average temperature falls between 18 and 20 degree centigrade (64 and 68 degree Fahrenheit).
When to Go: The city is an all-year-round tourist destination.
Longyan Travel Tips
Physical Features: General terrain of Longyan descends from east and north to west and south. Mountains and hills zigzag northeast-southwest parallelly, occupying nearly eighty percent of the city's land area.
Special Local Products: Chanting dried bean curd, Liancheng dried sweet potato, Zhangping dried bamboo shoot, Xinluo rice noodle and peanut, Wanying tea, Xuan paper (Chinese calligraphic paper), Shuixian Cha Bing (cake-shaped compressed tea), Yongding persimmon
1. best travel from Shenzhen Airport to Shenzhen North Train Station to catch the high speed train to LY.
2. suggest a Tulou heritage site nearest to LY city for a day visit.
how to get this heritage site from LY city and back.
3. best travel from Shenzhen North Train Station to Shenzhen airport.
2. I recommend you visit Hongkeng Tulou and Gaobei Tulou in Yongding District. At local Long-distance Bus Station, you can take a bus to Gaotou Town, where Hongkeng Tulou is located. After visiting, take a motor-cycle to Hongkeng within 15min. After that, go to Yongding Bus Station to take a bus back to LY.
3. You can still use subway to head for the airport.
Should take Line 1, right.
Thank you for your response.
1. how to get from airport to Shenzhen train station to catch the high speed train to LY city
2. recommend a Hakka Tulou heritage site nearest to the city as we are planning a day trip to this site and how to get there.
TQ in advance and best regards
After arrival, you can take bus 2/K2/25 to Longyu Tianxia, and you will see the local Bus Station. Then you can take a bus to Tulou, which heads for Hongxi Tulou Towers. The bus is available from 7:00 to 17:02 and takes about 2hours and CNY22/27.
1) Xiamen Gaoqi Airport to Dongshan Island
2) Dongshan Island to Shantou
3) Shantou to Yongding Tulou
4) Yongdin Tulou to Xiamen?
All done on different days.
Please give the names of the train stations and transport from the stations to the destinations if possible.
2. You can take a coach from Dongshan Bus Station to Shantou in around 2h. The bus fare costs CNY40;
3. Take a high speed train from Chaoshan Railway Station to Longyan Railway Station (CNY82 for a second-class seat, 2h), then take a taxi to LY Bus Station to catch a direct bus to Yongding Tulou (CNY20, 2h).
4. Reverse the trip back to LY Bus Station for your onward bus to Xiamen (CNY50, 3h).
And, is that true that there're lots of bug in tulou at night???
Thank you for ur help.