Zibo Travel Guide
Chinese Name: 淄博市 (zī bó shì)
Location: This city is in the center of Shandong Province, neighboring Mt. Taishan in the south and backing the Yellow River in the north. It is also bordered by hot coastal tourist cities, Qingdao, Yantai, and Weihai in the east, and the capital city of the province, Jinan in the west.
Population: 4,180,000 (Urban area 2,770,000)
Area: 5,938 Square kilometers (2,293 square miles)
Administrative Division: 5 Districts (Zhangdian, Zichuan, Boshan, Linzi, Zhoucun); 3 counties (Huantai, Gaoqin, Yiyuan)
Seat of the City Government: 8, Renmin Xi Lu, Zhangdian District
Useful Telephone Numbers:
Tourist Complaints: 0533-2187222
Tourist Inquiries: 0533-2169369
Weather Forecast: 121
Zip Code Inquiry: 184
Bank of China: 49, Liuquan Lu, Zhangdian District
China Post: 93, Xingxue Jie, Zhangdian District
Zibo Attractions - Things to Do
Yuanshan National Forest Park
Located in the southwest of Boshan District, Yuanshan National Forest Park is made up of Phoenix Mountain, Yuwang Mountain, Wanglu Mountain, Xuejiading and Jiagutai Scenic Resorts. The undulating mountains present fabulous views which makes visitors feel totally refreshed.
Of the five scenic resorts, Phoenix Mountain is the most famous due to its beautiful scenery and rich human landscapes. The shape of the mountain is like a phoenix, hence the name. It is a natural botanical garden with over 600 kinds of herbaceous plants and 120 kinds of woody plants growing abundantly in it. It presents different aspects in each of the four seasons. A variety of flowers clothe the mountain in a mass of color. The sea of stones formed by the Karst landscape is a wonder in northern China. Moreover, the mountain has many famous historic relics such as the Qi Great Wall, Yuhuang (Jade Emperor) Palace in Song Dynasty (960-1279), and Luzu Temple in Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) hidden in the thick forest. It is said that the source of the legend Meng Jiangnu's Bitter Weeping is from this mountain. The remains of blockhouses built during the anti-Japanese War takes people's minds back to the war years.
There are almost 100 pieces of equipment for activity and amusement, satisfying tourists' desire to have fun. You can admire the residences of minority groups and enjoy their singing and dancing performance in the folk-custom garden. Along with the provision of recreational facilities and activities, Yuanshan National Forest Park is becoming an eco-tourism center in Shandong Province, bringing you back to nature.
|Entrance Fee:||CNY 50|
Yiyuan Karst Cave
Located in the south of Lushan Mountain about seven miles northwest to Yiyuan County, Yiyuan Karst Cave is the largest in scale in northern China. There are more than 40 karst caves overlapping each other to form a fairy-tale world. But ages ago it was the world of ape-men, where they lived and multiplied, with evidence of fossils of their skulls and teeth and stoneware as proof.
|Chinese Ancient Chariots Museum|
Jiutian Cave is in the center of the Yiyuan Karst Cave. Its name literally means Nine Caves, as it has nine branch caves linking with each other, extending the Jiutian Cave to over 547 yards in length, averaging 11 yards wide and 26 feet high. In this fantastic world, every fine prospect you see is made of stone and created by nature. On seeing the lifelike stalagmites, stalactites, curtains and columns, you cannot help but admire the exquisite craftsmanship and boundless imagination of nature.
|Entrance Fee:||CNY 50|
|Entrance Fee:||CNY 35|
Remember to visit Yiyuan Karst Cave when you are on your tour of Shandong. A colorful world of stone awaits you.
Museums & Other Scenic Spots: Linzi Museum of Ancient Chariots, Museum of the History of the State of Qi, the City Museum, Zibo Museum of Ceramics, Qiaoqianling Scenic Area, Yiyuan Karst Caves, Lushan Forest Park
How to Get to Zibo
1. It is a 90 minutes' drive from Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport to the city center. The airport bus is available in front of the Zibo Rose Hotel near the railway station. There are eight buses daily, which make airport runs between 05:20 to 17:00. Jinan Yaoqiang Airport has also recently begun construction of the Luzhong Passenger Terminal in the city which is located on the first floor of the Guomao Mansion in northern Liuquan Lu (Zhangdian District). This terminal is expected to be operational in the near future.
2. The city's long-distance bus station is located at 22, Xingyuan Xi Lu, Zhangdian District. Buses to Tai'an, (where Mt. Tai is located) depart every 30 minutes.
3. Trains provide the most convenient and inexpensive mode of transportation to Zibo. As a stop along Beijing - Shanghai High Speed Railway, passengers can conveniently get here by high speed train. Besides, about 15 trains run to and from Mt. Tai, making stops in Zibo. The journey to Mt. Tai takes about two hours, with tickets running between CNY14 and CNY87.
The city is located in a warm, temperate zone, and bears a semi-humid and semi-dry continental climate. January and July are respectively the coldest and hottest month during a year. Like other major cities in North China, Zibo weather has four distinct seasons with an annual average temperature of 12C-13C (53.6 F-55.4 F). Spring, summer, and autumn are the best months to visit the city.
Zibo Travel Tips
History: Zibo was the capital city of Qi Kingdom, one of the five powers in the Spring and Autumn Period (770BC-476BC). The city was the birthplace of Cuju, a game regarded as the origin of ancient football (the FIFA recognizes the city as football's place of origin). The city was given the name Zibo in the early 1920s, for the exploitation of coal mines in Zichuan and Boshan. The city is now a vital communication hub of Shandong.
Foods: Apple, Jinsi (Golden threads) duck eggs
In Zibo City, you can live near the railway station, there are some chap hotels. As for the attractions, you can reference the attractions on this page.
The other place I want to see is the Linzi Museum of Ancient Chariots - how can I get thre from the railway station in Zibo and what is the entrance fee?
Thank you for your help,
2. To China Ancient Chariots Museum, there is no direct bus. You need to transfer. Take bus no.6 at ZB Bus Terminal, get off at Qiguo Shangcheng Station. Then transfer to bus no.65 to Liqun Group Shopping Center and bus no.73 to Houli Station. After arriving, walk northwest around 600 yards (550 meters).
Or from the Railway Station, you can also take a taxi to the museum directly. The cab fare is CNY 80 to 90 for the single trip. You can choose the way you like.
In addition, the entrance ticket of the Museum costs CNY 40 per person.
Would like to know is Yudai Lake worth visiting ? how long do i need to spend at this place as my schedule is quite tight and what is the estimate cost from my hotel area to this place by taxi or is there any bus to reach there,hope is not too complicated.
2nd Day - Will be visiting Liao Zhai Yuan and Pu Song Ling's residence house in the morning. isn;t ok to visit this places in early Dec?, planning to visit either Zhoucun Ancient City or ZB Qi old city on the same day if time permits. isn't too rush and are they worth visiting ？
Have been doing research that Tourists can take Bus 1 at Local Bus Station to Zichuan Bus Station and take Bus 23 and get off at Pu Jia Zhuang (Village of Family Pu) but how to get to the bus station from my hotel area which near ZB railway station.
2. There may be not much to see in Liaozhaiyuan in Dec. but the Former Resident of Pu Songling is worthwhile. The sites are around 38km away from your hotel. Between the two old cities, I suggest you just go to one of them due to the limited time.
3. The way for Pujiazhuang is for the two sites mentioned on Q2, right? As you are pressed for time, it is best to take a taxi to reach at a cost of CNY50 or around. In this way, you may fulfill your trip.
While doing the research , note there is a 聊斋园365°空中漂流 whereby people can sit on the boat and carried by the current ( on the top) and view the scenery along the way
But not sure if this activity is closed in Dec due to cold weather or snowing as the water will be frozen ?
Anyone has been here before and would like to share your experience, and I also worried if is this a safe activity.
Lastly can I purchase entrance ticket at the counter upon arrival or do i have pre-purchase online.