Tourist Complaints in China

As more people choose to travel in China, infringement upon legal rights may occur. Here we outline complaint procedures.

Complaint Premise

  • According to Chinese stipulations, tourist complaints apply only to matters that occur within China.
  • Complaints must apply to travel activities only.
  • In submitting a complaint, be specific about who is complaining, the exact nature of the complaint, and the facts.

Complaint Range

You should submit a complaint:

  • If you think your travel agency has failed to offer you appropriate service
  • If you think your agency did not execute the agreed-upon contract
  • If you think your agency has caused bodily injury or property damage
  • If your tour guide or driver inappropriately asks for tips or forces you to give tips
  • If you think your agency is being dishonest, prejudicing your rights.
  • If you determine that your interests have been infringed upon during your visit in China

How to Complain

You should first contact the related department by telephone to report your travel activities where you feel your rights have been violated. You may be asked to prepare a formal written statement.

Be specific in your complaint; include details about the travel agency, transportation, tour guide, hotel, etc. Include a statement about your pecuniary losses, and/or request for the investigation of legal responsibility.

Include supporting documents with personal information in detail, including your name, gender, nationality, occupation, age, etc. Allow 15- 45 days to handle your claim.

Where to Complain

Tourism Quality Supervision and Management Offices in China

CNTA (China National Tourism Administration)

Tel Fax Office Hours Postal Code
010-65275315 010-65201522/65122096 08:30-12:00;
Address No.Jia 9, Jianguomennei Dajie, Beijing


Tel Fax Office Hours Postal Code
010-65130828 010-65158251/65158255 08:30-12:00; 14:30-17:00 100022
Address Room 1001, Beijing Tourism Building, No.28, Jianguomenwai Dajie, Beijing

 Tourist Complaints Management Offices in Other Provinces

media recommendationfeatured on media