China Travel Emergencies

Ask for help from a police
Ask for help from a police
Emergencies during travelling are commonplace for foreign visitors and can occasionally have serious consequences; therefore we recommend foreign visitors choose a travel agency in China that offers you comprehensive, 24-hour back-up for emergencies. Besides arranging decent insurance cover, it is also useful to know how to deal with some common emergencies yourself.

Emergency Numbers

Police 110
First-aid Ambulance 120
Fire 119
Traffic Accidents 122
SOS in Water 12395

The following are common questions that frequently arise:

 What to do if you cannot find your travel guide? (TravelChinaGuide clients)

 Answer: Usually our guides will be at the stated meeting point 30 minutes before your arrival. If you can't find your guide, please contact us immediately and our office will quickly resolve the issue.

 What can I do if I become lost? (TravelChinaGuide clients)

 Answer: As a precaution against getting lost in China, always take contact details for your travel agency, guide and hotel, etc. with you. TravelChinaGuide provides its clients with bilingual tour information, so even if you do get lost, you can use the Chinese version to ask locals for directions. In addition to this, a phone call to our professional office staff will soon help you get your bearings!

 Who should I ask for help if I mislay my passport?

 Answer: Ask your guide for help and report the loss to the nearest Public Security Bureau (PSB) branch immediately, who will then issue you with a certificate of loss. You will need to apply for a new passport in person at the nearest embassy or consulate of your own country, where you will usually be required to fill in a lost passport application. With the new passport issued, you need to go to the PSB to get a new Visa, then you can continue your visit or leave China. Remember that the relevant departments are usually closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Chinese Holidays.

Related Links:  China Embassies Abroad      Foreign Embassies and Consulates in China

 What should I do if I lose my luggage in the airport?

 Answer: Firstly report of the loss of your luggage at the relevant airport department. The office members will assist you to fill the report and provide you with the pictures of luggage which helps identify your luggage. They will also help you trace your luggage using computerised tracking systems.

 What to do if I lose my wallet with cash and credit card in it?

 Answer: If something valuable like cash and bank cards are lost, or you are robbed by thieves or muggers, do not hesitate to report the incident to the police immediately (call 110 toll free). The Public Security Bureau of China with many stations in each city, is in charge of such matters, and will handle your loss efficiently. If you are in a hotel, ask the hotel staff to help you and contact the police. Although China is a relatively safe country for visitors, it always pays to take basic precautions with your belongings.

  More about China Travel Emergencies: Deal with visa expiration, insurance, illness and traffic accident.

Further Reading:
Useful Telephone Numbers
Area Code and Zip Code

- Last updated on Jul. 11, 2019 -
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)