Beijing Capital International Airport -- Transfer in T3
Minimum Connection Time (MCT) of Transfer in T3
I – International D – Domestic
D ⇒ D: 50 minutes D ⇔ I: 120 minutes I ⇒ I: 60 minutes
Tips: For passengers of incoming international flights with domestic stopovers, the MCT in T3 is 120 minutes.
Minimum Connection Time (MCT) between T3 and T2
D ⇒ D: 120 minutes D ⇔ I: 160 minutes I ⇒ I: 120 minutes
Minimum Connection Time (MCT) between T3 and T1
D ⇒ D: 120 minutes D ⇔ I: 160 minutes
Transfer Guide in T3
Arrive at the International Arrival Level at 3F of T3-E → accept Health & Quarantine → Inspection → go through the Entry Frontier Inspection → take APM at 2F of T3-E to reach 2F of T3-C → go to the International Baggage Claim Hall → go through the Animal & Plant Quarantine (sample check) → accept the Customs Inspection located north of the International Baggage Claim Hall → enter into the I-D Transfer Hall → finish domestic flights transfer procedures & deliver baggage → take the special elevator upstairs to 3F of T3-C → pass the Domestic Security Inspection →Waiting & boarding
I ⇒ I
Arrive at the International Arrival Level at 3F of T3-E → proceed with transfer procedures → pass through the Transit Inspection in special passage in the east or west → take special elevator downstairs to International Departure Level at 2F of T3-E → accept Security Inspection in the special passage → go through the customs sample check of hand baggage if necessary → Waiting & Boarding
1. For passengers of incoming international flights with domestic stopovers, they should proceed with passengers of international flights departing from Beijing at 4F of T3-C and wait for planes in T3-E.
2. From Jan. 1, 2013, China Visa is not required for international transfer passengers who hold the passports of the following 45 countries and regions and stay in Beijing within 72 hours: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States. For more details, please refer to 72-hour Visa-free Transit. While, China Visa is not required for the other international transfer passengers holding valid airline tickets for the next countries and will stay in the airport no more than 24 hours.
3. Since April 15, 2015, transit passengers at the airport can stay in the closed-off transit area for at most 24 hours without going through border formalities. The job of collecting their information has been taken over by airport staff and has been shortened to 10 seconds from the previous 45 seconds. Transit passengers can come from any country/region, including foreign countries/regions, such as Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. However, both the arrival and connecting flights are required to be international, either from/to a third country/region or their home country/region.
4. For the sake of saving time, it is suggested that I-I transfer passengers use the airlines which are in the same terminal. If not, it means that you have to proceed with both of the entry and exit procedures.
D ⇒ I
Arrival at the Domestic Arrival Level at 2F of T3-C → proceed with international flights transfer procedures at the D-I Transfer Counter at 2F of T3-C → take special elevator downstairs to the Transfer Hall at 1F → check boarding pass → upstairs to APM platform at 2F of T3-C → take APM to reach 2F of T3-E → go to Customs, Immigration and Quarantine at 2F → go through the Heath & Quarantine Inspection → pass through the Exit Frontier Inspection → accept Security Inspection → accept Customs Inspection → Waiting & Boarding
D ⇒ D
Arrival at Domestic Arrival Level at 2F of T3-C → proceed with domestic flights transfer procedures at the D-D Transfer Counter at 2F of T3-C → upstairs to the Domestic Departure Hall at 3F of T3-C → Waiting & Boarding
Q1: Is the transfer time enough? Q2: Will they check my baggage through for me?
2. It depends on if you have a connecting flight. If it is, they will check through for you. However, it is better for you to verify with your air company.