Shenzhen 5-Day Visa on Arrival
The Shenzhen 5-day visa on arrival, also known as Shenzhen 5-day VOA, enables tourists from most countries to stay in Shenzhen for up to 5 days without applying for a regular visa. During the 5 days, tourists cannot leave Shenzhen for other mainland Chinese cities.
Note that Shenzhen VOA can neither be extended nor converted. Holders should leave China before it expires. The 5 days start counting from 00:00 the day following the entry date.
|Shenzhen 5-day visa on arrival (Sample)|
Do I Need a Visa to Go to Shenzhen?
Foreigners need a visa to go to Shenzhen unless they qualify for the 24-hour visa-free transit or they come from countries that have reached visa waiver agreements with China. The good thing is that citizens of most countries can apply for a Shenzhen visa on arrival.
Can I Get a Visa on Arrival in Shenzhen? - See Who Are Eligible
1. Most European and developed countries are eligible for the five-day VOA, including US, UK, Canada, French, Australia, Germany, Korea, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
2. Visitors can also refer to the eligible countries of 144-hour visa-free transit policy. Generally, travelers from these countries can get the Shenzhen VOA.
3. For those beyond the above lists, it doesn’t mean that you are not able to get the 5-day visa but it does have a high risk of being rejected. Thus for a smooth trip, it is suggested to obtain a China visa in advance from the local embassy.
4. Tourists who have been granted a Chinese visa previously will benefit your 5-day VOA application but it is not guaranteed.
Note: The list is subject to changes. Citizens of countries not mentioned can also contact the relevant Chinese embassy or port to ask if they can apply for the Shenzhen visa on arrival.
Can US Citizens Apply for Visa on Arrival in Shenzhen?
Yes. According to the latest news, US citizens can apply for the five-day VOA in Shenzhen.
Where to Get the VOA?
The five-day VOA is available at Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Shenzhen Airport, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port. There is no office at Futian Port although it is only a few hundred meters from Huanggang Port.
|Ports||VOA Office Opening Hours||Phone Number|
|Shenzhen Airport||10:00 - the arrival of the last flight||(0755)82327700|
|Luohu Port||9:00 - 16:30||(0755)82324022|
|Huanggang Port||9:00 - 16:30||(0755)83391060|
|Shekou Port||9:00 - 13:00 & 14:30 - 16:30||(0755)26691202|
|Fuyong Port||10:00 - the arrival of the last carrier||(0755)23459289|
How to Apply for the VOA & How Long Does It Take?
In most cases, people can get the visa within ten minutes.
How Much Does a Shenzhen Visa Cost?
What Can You Do During the 5 Days?
Besides, tourists can taste the delicious morning tea and Cantonese cuisine in Shenzhen. Businessmen can engage in some commercial activities and make a short business trip within the 5 days.
FAQ about Shenzhen 5-Day Visa on Arrival
The 5-day VOA is for single entry only, so you need to apply for it each time.
2. May I apply for Shenzhen VOA beforehand or through a travel agent?
No, you cannot. You cannot use a travel agent and you need to apply for it at the border crossing upon arrival on your own.
Further Reading: China Visa on Arrival
What documents do I need?
Note I previously had a Permanent Resident Permit which is expired if that helps.
What is the holiday schedule? Do they close at all during Golden Week?
The office will open as usual during the holiday. Have fun!