Shenzhen Attractions - Things to Do
Shenzhen is a young and modern metropolis in southern China adjacent to Hong Kong. Best known for its fast development over the last decades, it attracts flowing businessmen to seek for opportunities, especially cheap but good-qualified electronic products. It is also a great holiday destination with fabulous tourist attractions.
Many first-time visitors won’t miss the two highlights in Shenzhen, namely the Window of the World and Splendid China - Folk Culture Villages. In the Window of the World, you are able to visit many of the world's great landmarks in just one day. In Splendid China – Folk Culture Villages, you will see miniature replicas of many famous Chinese historical sites and life-sized examples of distinctive buildings of ethnic groups. In addition, there are other theme parks for you to explore, such as the Shenzhen Happy Valley and Overseas Chinese Town East.
As a coastal city, Shenzhen also offers great spots for you to feel the charm of sea. The best Shenzhen tourist attractions at the seaside include the Dameisha Beach, Xiaomeisha Beach, Shenzhen Bay Park and Xiaomensha Sea World. Time permits, you can also spend a leisure day at Jiaochangwei, a small fishing village in the east of Shenzhen where there are characteristic gourmet restaurants and homestays.
Top 5 Shenzhen Attractions
- It showcases the miniatures of famous landmarks from all over the world, such as the Taj Mahal in India, the Pyramids of Egypt, and the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
- The park is divided into eight main areas, including the World Square, Asia, Oceania, Europe, Africa, America, World Sculpture Garden and International Street.
- Visitors have a chance to enjoy the folk performances of different countries and nationalities, like the Halloween Night Party and aboriginal African dance.
- There are some activities for adventurous travelers experiencing high-tech, including jungle trekking, journey to the center of the Earth, flying over America, etc.
- It is especially suitable for those having a tight schedule but wishing to explore China as much as they can.
- Visitors can admire the mini-sized Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army, Mogao Caves, and Potala Palace in only one day.
- The park also demonstrates the costumes, folk villages, and unique customs and habits of various ethnic groups in China through grand performances.
- Visitors can have a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, art, history and ancient architecture.
- It is a comprehensive large eco tourist attraction in Shenzhen which contains the Knight Valley, Tea Stream Valley, Wind Valley, and Huaxing Temple.
- The three fantastic towns inside, including the Seafield Village, Interlaken Town, and Ancient Tea Town, feature romantic tea and wine culture.
- As the core area, the Knight Valley offers visitors a thrilling experience in the Rapids Forest, waterfall, and glass skywalk, while the Tea Stream Valley is more idyllic with a large area of flowers and tea trees.
- The show themed on Zen Buddhism and Tea culture should not be missed.
- It’s always on the list of the must-visit Shenzhen attractions for families and thrill seekers.
- There are altogether 9 theme areas, providing over 100 kinds of rides and games, so that visitors of all ages can enjoy a good time.
- The most popular attractions include Shooting the Chute, the Suspended Looping Coaster, and the Space Shot.
- The Playa Maya Water Park inside is open from May to early October. You will have an unforgettable experience on water if visiting during this period.
- A free bathing beach stretching as long as 1.8 km (1.1 mi) and a great site for lovers to date.
- The water here is very clear and the beach is soft and clean. On sunny days, you can enjoy a sun bath or a picnic on the beach.
- A walk on the seaside plank will make you feel very tranquil and relaxed.
- You can take part in lots of entertainment activities on the beach, like riding a motorboat, bungee jumping, and volleyball. It’s also allowed to swim in the sea.
More Shenzhen Tour Packages
3 Days Guangzhou City Tour from $279
More Attractions in Shenzhen
Shenzhen Attractions Visiting Plan for Reference
As time is limited, choose one from the 4 best theme parks in Shenzhen depending on your preference. After the visit, go back to the downtown area and enjoy local snacks on the Dongmen Pedestrian Street, where you can see the Diwang Mansion, a landmark building of Shenzhen. If interested, you can also ascend the sightseeing deck on the mansion to appreciate the panoramic night view of Shenzhen.
Day 2: Splendid China - Folk Culture Villages (a whole day)
Day 3: Dameisha Beach (2 hours) → Xiaomeisha Beach (2 hours) → Xiaomeisha Sea World (3 hours)
Day 4: Overseas Chinese Town East (a whole day)
If you have three to four days, apart from the noted theme parks, you are advised to spend half a day on the Dameisha and Xiaomeisha beaches. In the afternoon, head for the nearby Xiaomeisha Sea World to see a variety of marine animals and feast your eyes on the amazing performances.
For tourists staying longer time, Shenzhen Bay Park, Lianhuashan Park, Dafen Oil Painting Village, and Dapeng Fortress are also nice options.
You May Like
I am in Hong Kong for 4 days . I have single entry visa for China. Would you advise me to visit Guangzhou or Shenzhen. I want to spend 1 day in one of the cities and return to Hong Kong.
I am going to HK in June.
I would like to plan a short trip of a few days covering attractions in SZ and Zhuhai (includes Chimelong Circus)
Please advise on the number of days and cost in RM