Xian Botanical Garden
|More Pictures of Xian Botanical Garden|
Xian Botanical Garden has two sites. Now only the newly developed one located in Qujiang New District is open to public. The old site near Big Wild Goose Pagoda was closed in 2016 for renovation and is expected to reopen in late 2018.
Built in 2014, the new garden has been opened to public since October 1st, 2016. It takes an area of 43 hectares (106 acres), double size of the old one. At present, Xian Botanical Garden embraces over 4,000 species and consists of 11 areas: Silk Road Garden, Qinling Garden, Children’s Garden, Forgotten Garden, Hundred Flowers Garden, Water Garden, Rose Garden, Vine Garden, System Garden, Herb Garden, and Rock Garden. Besides, high technologies have been used for visitors to know the growth changes of plants visually. Below are the major gardens one shall not miss.
Silk Road Garden
Hundred Flowers Garden
Best Time to Visit: Flower Seasons
How to Get to Xian Botanical Garden:
|Entrance to the Botanical Garden|
1. Take bus 37, get off at Botanical Garden Station and then enter via West Gate.
2. Take bus 270, 602, 607 and get off at Changming Road – South Third Ring Hub Station. Walk east in around 4 minutes to the East Gate of Xian Botanical Garden directly.
3. Take bus 701 and get off at Miaojiazhai Station. Then walk toward east around 1 km (0.6 mi) to the West Gate of the garden.
Take Metro Line 3 and get off at Yanxingmen Station. Get out from Exit C and change to bus 351. Get off at Shaanxi Science and Technology College. The stop is just next to the East Gate of the garden.
Xian Bus / Metro Search
Take a taxi from the city center and it will cost CNY 25 or so.
|Admission Fee|| |
Usual days: CNY 10
1. Kids younger than 6 (included) or under 1.2 m (3.9 ft, included) can enter for free.
2. Teenagers between 6 (not included) to 18 (included) are entitled to half price.