Nanning East Railway Station
The constructions of Nanning East Railway Station were began on July. 25, 2012, and put into commercial service on Dec. 26, 2014. It is 6.5 miles (10.4 kilometers) from Nanning Railway Station, and 22 miles (36 kilometers) from Nanning Wuxu International Airport. It is constructed mainly for the operation of high speed trains, including those to/from Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Guilin, and Liuzhou as well as Guangzhou. A few ordinary ones reaching Beijing and Shanghai are also available here.
Address: North side of North Fengling Road in Qingxiu District
Named as the south gate of the country, Nanning East Railway Station was constructed in a very distinctive Guangxi style. Its foundation is in a gallery bridge model and the main structure reflects veranda features. On both sides of the entrance, there are 12 huge upright columns, which stand for the 12 nationalities including Zhuang, Han, Miao, and others that live in the Autonomous Region. The terminal building itself is also energy saving and environmentally protected. Once the relevant facilities are fully equipped, it will become a generating plant as well.
The station consists of the underground floor (-1F), the ground floor (1F) and the elevated floor (2F), as well as the south and north squares.
|Location||Facility & Service Function|
|-1F||Railway exit; |
Boarding area for taxi;
Private car parking lot
|1F||Ticket office; |
|2F||Ticket office; |
Drop off area for taxi and private car
|South Square||Bus stop; |
Long-distance & tourism bus station
|North Square|| |
4 ticket offices and 90 self service ticket machines are in operation there. Ticket office 2 on the first floor is the main one, in which one can buy tickets with valid certificates like a passport card. Ticket offices 3 and 4 on the second floor deal with barrier free ticket purchase, ticket change and refund.
The waiting hall has 4,200 seats in total and it doesn’t have a clear functional division. In the center area of the hall, there is a special area mainly for mothers and babies as well as the disabled, and an area for business ticket holders. Several reception desks are located inside the hall, in which the staff provide service for passengers. Four LED screens are equipped in the central area, showing the ticket checking, announcements and other information. Eight wash rooms are dispersed at the four corners of the hall, with audio system that broadcast train information and music continuously. Drinking water and a convenience store is available in the waiting hall too.
1. Elevators: Stairs, elevators as well as escalators are all available inside the terminal. Passengers can choose which they prefer to go around.
2. Convenience stores: Stores are available on each floor. Passengers can easily get what they want near the exit, at the waiting hall as well as the ticket check point.
3. Luggage storage: Self service lockers are available near the exit and inside the waiting rooms.
Main trains from Nanning East Train Station
Major rail lines from this station to:
- Hong Kong
Schedule to major stations
(Last Update on Jan 25, 2021)
|To||Trains||Duration||Ticket Fare (CNY)|
|First/ Second Class Seat|
|G422, G530, G530 from 08:23 to 11:46||11h1m - 12h30m||CNY 1,501.5/ 938.5|
USD 233/ 146
|D3603, D3605, D3607, D3609...|
70 departures from 07:21 to 19:54
|2h46m - 4h24m||CNY 269/ 169|
USD 42/ 26
|G1502 at 09:13||12h2m||CNY 1,300.5/ 792|
USD 202/ 123
|G2911, G417, G417, G2913...|
5 departures from 08:33 to 19:49
|3h30m - 3h58m||CNY 368.5/ 243.5|
USD 57/ 38
|G2066, G1546, G422, G424...|
7 departures from 07:26 to 15:04
|6h33m - 7h49m||CNY 765/ 478|
USD 119/ 74
|G1546, G1504, G1506 from 07:44 to 11:02||10h52m - 12h9m||CNY 1,083.5/ 677.5|
USD 168/ 105
|G1502, G1504, G1506 from 09:13 to 11:02||10h31m - 10h52m||CNY 1,183.5/ 719|
USD 183/ 111
|G2340, G2340, D1782, D1782...|
88 departures from 06:05 to 20:49
|2h16m - 3h13m||CNY 191/ 120|
USD 30/ 19
|D8301, D8303, D8305, D8305...|
39 departures from 06:48 to 20:14
|1h14m - 2h8m||CNY 92/ 58|
USD 14/ 9
See detailed Nanning Train Schedule
1. by bus: bus nos. 7, 17, 28, 29, 37, 56, 82, 83, 94, and 209. The bus stop is named Nanning East Railway Station North.
2. by taxi:
It takes 20 minutes and costs CNY35 from Nanning Railway Station.
It takes an hour and costs CNY110 from Nanning Wuxu International Airport.
3. by metro: Line 1 takes around 20 minutes and costs CNY6 from Nanhu Lake Metro Station.
To other famous spots in the city:
1. Nanhu Lake Park: take bus no. 37 to Dongge Changhu Road Crossing, transfer to bus no. 20 to the park.
2. Mt. Qingxiu: take bus no. 94 and get off at the foot of Mount. Qingxiu.
3. Guangxi Ethnic Relics Center: take bus no. 37 to Yuewan Yunjing Road Crossing, and then walk to Baiyun Yuewan Road Crossing to take bus 79. After getting off at Minzu Gucheng Road Crossing, walk to the south to reach.
4. Nanning Railway Station: take bus no. 7 and one will reaching it directly.
5. Wuxu International Airport:
One can take a taxi to Langdong Bus Station first, and then take the airport shuttle bus line 2 to the airport. Both the taxi and the airport shuttle cost CNY20. The shuttle operates from 09:10 to 19:10.