Chengdu South Railway Station
Tthe expanded South Railway Station has been in service since December 20th, 2014. It is about 3.4 miles (about 5.5 km) south of Tianfu Square (city center), 8 miles (about 13 km) from Chengdu Railway Station, 7 miles (about 11 km) from the East Railway Station and 11 miles (17 km) from Shuangliu International Airport.
Address: Northern section of Tianfu Avenue in Wuhou District
Chengdu South Railway Station See-off Service
Schedule and Ticket Booking
(Last update on January 1st, 2018)
|To||Nos.||Travel Time||Ticket Price (CNY)|
Second Class Seat
|Chengdu East||C6302, C6306, C6308, C6310… |
10 departures from 09:06 to 21:46
|Shuangliu Airport||C6257, C6303, C6259, C6261... |
13 departures from 06:46 to 18:00
|10 - 16m||10/ 8|
|Leshan||C6255, C6259, C6261, C6263... |
14 departures from 06:30 to 18:53
|46m - 1h19m||65/ 54|
|Emeishan||C6255, C6303, C6261, C6265... |
7 departures from 07:17 to 18:53
|1h6m - 1h25m||74/ 62|
2F: waiting hall, toilets, hot drinking water, staff office
1F: waiting hall, platforms, ticket office, toilets, hot drinking water
How to get to the South Train Station from downtown area?
At Railway Station Traffic Hub: 76, 99, 111, 133, 187, 188, 236
At the Station West Road: 16, 121, 147, 222, 238, 304, 501, 806, 806B, 815, 815A, 816, 824
At West of Station East Road: 35, 99, 121, 147, 181, 238
Passengers arriving by bus will get off at the front square. For ticket holders, please enter the station directly and find the correct waiting area according to the ticket. For those without a ticket, the ticket office is on the first floor. Go there and purchase a ticket first and then go to the waiting hall to wait for departure.
Arrival by subway line 1 or line 7: Passengers should get out from exit D1, and then follow the direction boards to find the waiting area.
Arrival by taxi
Passengers getting to the station by taxi will be dropped off at the front square.
|From||Duration (Minutes)||Cost (CNY)|
|Chengdu Railway Station||35||35|
|East Railway Station||20||30|
Note: The above duration and cost do not include delays caused by traffic lights and traffic jams.
Ticket Check and Boarding
How to exit and leave the station?
Leave by subway:
There is an underground passage leading to the platforms of subway line 1 and line 7. It can be found easily following the direction signs.
Leave by bus:
Passage can take buses on the west side of front square.
Leave by taxi:
Taxi stands are located on the front square.
Transportation to other places:
1. Take subway line 1 to the square and get put from exit F.
2. Or take bus line 16 and get off at Tianfu Square East.
Chengdu Railway Station:
1. Take subway line 1 to get there and get out from exit D. Or take subway line 7 to North Railway Station and get out from exit E, then walk north around 100 meters to find Chengdu Railway Station.
2. Or take bus line 16 to get there directly. One should get off at North Station Bus Stop.
East Railway Station:
1. Take subway line 7 to get there directly and get out from exit E. Or take subway line 1 to Tianfu Square first and then change to subway line 2 to the destination.
2. Take bus line 147 and get off at the east square of the east station.
Shuangliu International Airport:
1. Take subway line 7 to Taipingyuan and transfer to line 10 to the airport.
2. Walk eastwards about 1,200 yards to east of Station East Road to take Airport Special Bus Line 3 to the airport. The bus is available from 07:00 to 19:00. It usually takes an hour and the ticket fare is CNY12.
3. Or take a train to the airport directly.
Facilities and Services
The ticket office is located on the first floor and 13 ticket windows are currently in service. Passengers can purchase tickets and handle other problems such as ticket changes, ticket refunds and ticket loss.
Waiting hall is on the first and second floors where passengers can have a rest before boarding. Toilets and hot drinking water are available on both floors. Inside the terminal there are eleven escalators and six elevators connecting the two floors.
Left luggage service:
There are some hotels or shops to temporarily store luggage around the station. It usually charges CNY5 for a small bag and CNY10 for a large bag per day.