Qujiang Pool Park
|Qujiang Pool Park, Xi'an|
Qujiang Pool was once the most famous scenic spot in Chang'an (the name of Xi'an in ancient China). It has been a royal garden since the Qin Dynasty (221 BC-207 BC). During the glorious Tang Dynasty (618-907), it became a public recreation area. The royal families, dignitaries and citizens usually went here for a visit.
Walking through the west gate of the park, the first thing you see is the pool, which covers an area of 500 mu (82 acres). Feeling the gentle breeze in the park, one can head south and there is the House in the Woods. There are nine houses named after the tunes to which Song poems are composed. In the houses, Shaanxi opera, leather silhouette shows and Fengxiang clay sculptures are presented. One of the buildings is a small museum, in which the discoveries of archeological excavations of Qujiang ancient ruins are exhibited.
The Qujiang Pavilion is by the lake. From the pavilion you can see another scenic spot, the Jiangtandieshui. It is a tiny waterfall which naturally divides the pool into two parts. Go south from the Pavilion, two reed marshes are ahead, which you can walk through on a wooden landing stage.
At the end of the landing stage is the Yunge Pavilion, where you can rent a boat and take a visit on the lake. To the south is the Willow Dam, a long dam with willows on both sides. At the end of Willow Dam, the Yuejiang Tower is situated in the south of the park, where you get a bird's-eye-view of the park and can have a rest. Going north from the Yuejiang Tower you see a house with small pavilions off its winding corridor: this is the House on the River.
A small island was designed with some houses and galleries for tourists to have a rest. You can also go fishing there. You can reach the island from a wooden bridge on the east bank. The last scenic spot is the traditional Chinese style Changguan Teahouse. Have a cup of tea and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the river. You can really feel the history of Xi'an here.
How to Get to Qujiang Pool Park
1. Take bus No. 22, 161, 212, 609 or Qujiang Tourist Bus and get off at Qujiangchi Yizhi Gongyuan (Qujiang Pool Park) Station.
2. Take bus No. 22, 212, 224, 224 (branch), 270, 504, 801 or Qujiang Tourist Bus and get off at Qujiangchi Diaoduzhan Station. The stop of 212 and 801 is separated with others. From both stops, walk north along South Xinkaimen Road for around 3 minutes. Then turn west and walk around 500 m (547 yd). Enter through the southeast gate.
3. Dang-dang Trolley Sightseeing Bus
Dang-dang Trolley Sightseeing Bus has set a route to connect Qujiang Scenic Area and some other famous tourists attractions like Bell Tower which operates from 18:00 to 20:00 with a fare of CNY 50.
1.The distance between Xi'an Railway Station and Qujiang Pool Park is about 11 km (7 mi). The estimated taxi fare is CNY 30.
2.The distance between the Bell Tower and Qujiang Pool Park is about 9 km (5.6 mi). The estimated taxi fare is CNY 20.
Xi'an Bus / Metro Search
Qujiang Sightseeing Light Rail
It provides tourists a chance to have a bird view of Qujiang area on a 47-minute ride. Tourists can buy the ticket and get on the light rail from Qujiang Pool Park, Tang Paradise or the north square of the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda.
|Ticket Price||CNY 80|
|Operating Hours||Monday to Friday: 12:00 - 16:00 |
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 - 18:00
Note: Tickets are available since 11:30.
|Opening Hours|| |
1. There are some other tourist spots around the Qujiang Pool Park, for instance the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda & Da Ci'en Temple, Tang Paradise, Qujiang Polar Ocean Park, Cool Cave Heritage Park, Great Tang All Day Mall and the Mausoleum of Huhai (the successor of Emperor Qin Shi Huang).
2. There are restaurants of different levels near the park. Tourists can have a dinner nearby after the visit.
- Last updated on Nov. 18, 2021 -