Xi'an Railway Station
Located to the north of the City Wall, Xi'an Railway Station is 2 miles (3.5 kilometers) from the Bell Tower (city center), 9 miles (15 kilometers) from North Railway Station, and 16 miles (26 kilometers) from Xianyang International Airport. It is one of the four biggest train stations in China in terms of passenger volume, and one of the country’s six main rail terminals.
Address: No. 44 of North Huancheng Road in the Xincheng District
Xi'an Railway Station See-off Service
Schedule and Ticket Booking
Major Rail Lines from the station to:
- Hong Kong
(Last Update on Jun 22, 2021)
|To||Trains||Duration||Ticket Fare (CNY)|
|Soft/ Hard Sleeper|
|Z152, Z130, K1364, T232...|
8 departures from 01:40 to 20:38
|11h46m - 16h51m||CNY 415.5/ 272.5|
USD 64/ 42
|K292, Z378, K362, Z94...|
11 departures from 08:26 to 23:35
|15h7m - 21h9m||CNY 509.5/ 331.5|
USD 79/ 51
|K227, T283, Z377, T197...|
37 departures from 00:15 to 23:44
|6h48m - 9h51m||CNY 263/ 174|
USD 41/ 27
|T283, T197, Z293, T307...|
10 departures from 03:32 to 13:05
|24h47m - 31h29m||CNY 767.5/ 496.5|
USD 119/ 77
|K228, K84, K1298, K1350...|
7 departures from 06:43 to 22:34
|21h52m - 28h59m||CNY 711/ 407|
USD 110/ 63
|K132, K1350, Z232, K448 from 00:01 to 23:29||23h34m - 32h52m||CNY 669/ 428|
USD 104/ 66
|K545, K245, K1363, K385 from 06:23 to 21:08||10h55m - 16h9m||CNY 315/ 208|
USD 49/ 32
|K691, K1032, K1033, K1573 from 07:28 to 20:25||10h2m - 10h55m||CNY 275/ 182|
USD 43/ 28
|K132, T198, K178, Z152...|
33 departures from 00:01 to 23:49
|4h33m - 6h35m||CNY 161.5/ 108.5|
USD 25/ 17
|K672 at 22:58||16h29m||CNY 363.5/ 237.5|
USD 56/ 37
|K690, K672 at 21:38 and 22:58||8h24m - 8h36m||CNY 214/ 142|
USD 33/ 22
See detailed Xi'an Train Schedule
1F: entrance & exit, waiting rooms, platforms, ticket offices, left luggage, restaurants…
2F: waiting rooms, food stands…
An expansion of the station is currently ongoing, and will be completed by April of 2021. The expansion is to the north of the present station, cointaining waiting rooms, platforms, rails, and a square. In the mean time, the present station will be connected with metro line 4.
How to get to Xi'an Railway Station from downtown?
At station west: 6, 39, 205, 206, 214, 229, 266, 608 or 616
At station east: 16, 20, 28, 46, 104, 228, 243, 309, 507, 517, 519, 703, 706, 707, 718, 719, 903, 912 or 931
At station south: 5, 9, 13, 14, 17, 25, 30, 40, 41, 42, 103, 105, 201, 231, 240, 243, 251, 258, 351, 500, 511, 602, 603, 607, 611 or 703
On getting off the bus, the station is easily identified by its Tang-dynasty style, the large red Chinese characters, and continuous passenger flow. After, one will see a large LED screen; read it carefully to find out your waiting room, and then go there for waiting.
|Map of Transportation outside the Station|
Arrival by metro:
1. Metro Line 4:
People can get off at Xi'an Railway Station directly and then walk to the departure hall.
2. Metro Line 1:
Passengers should get off at Wulukou Station, leave from Exit D and then walk northwards for about 700 yards to reach the station.
Arrival by airport shuttle bus line 2:
The bus drops passengers off to the southeast of the station square, in front of the Longhai Hotel.
Arrival by taxi:
It takes about 10 minutes and costs CNY 10 from the Bell Tower.
It takes about 30 minutes and costs CNY 40 from the North Railway Station.
It takes about 40 minutes and costs CNY 120 from the airport.
Taxis are not allowed to drive very closely to the station entrance; hence the drivers usually drop passengers by the roadside somewhere close to the terminal building. But there is no need to worry; one can easily find the station entrance following the passenger flow.
Ticket Check and Boarding
After reaching the platform, find your carriage according to your ticket information. Mind the steps when getting on board, as the carriages are higher than the platform. After, put your luggage on the luggage rack or under the berth/seat. Settle down and wait for departure.
How to exit and leave Xi'an Railway Station?
Leave by bus:
There are several bus stops to east, west and south of the station building. Please confirm which bus you are going to take and then find its boarding points accordingly.
Leave by metro:
1. Passengers can take metro line 4 and line 1 from Xi'an Railway Station directly.
2. The metro station (Wulukou) is about 700 yards south of the station. One needs to walk under through the City Wall and then along the north-south direction road in front of the station to get there.
Leave by airport shuttle bus:
The boarding point is to the southeast of the station square, in front of the Long Hai Hotel.
Leave by taxi:
Taxi stand is located to the southwest of the exit on the station square, much closer than bus stops.
1. It is suggested that you should take taxis only from the taxi stand, since some taxis out of the stand are illegal. Some drivers are importunate to invite passengers to take their taxis. In this situation, you’d better do not take their taxis in case of being ripped off.
2. Whether you are going to take a taxi, you should ask the driver to charge according to the meter before getting on. Otherwise, you can refuse to take it and change to another one. Because the fare asked for is always much higher than the actual (meter) price and this situation often happens to foreign passengers.
3. Most taxi drivers want passengers to pay them with change and they won’t expect any tip. It is advisable to keep the taxi receipt on which the supervisor's telephone and the taxi number are recorded in case of an unexpected accident or deception.
4. Never take the autobike or tricycle at the station. They are illegal and unsafe. You may also be overcharged by them.
Transportation to other places from the station:
To Bell Tower:
1. Take bus 6, 16, 205, 251, 603, 608, 616, Tourist Bus Line 7, or Tourist Bus Line 8 to get there directly;
2. Take metro line 1 to North Street, change to line 2 to Bell Tower.
Note: From Bell Tower, one can reach Drum Tower, Great Mosque, and Muslim Quarter within minutes' walking.
To City Wall:
1. Take bus 6, 40, 229, 239, 603, 616, 608, 16, 46, 213, Tourist Bus Line 6, or Tourist Bus Line 7 to South Gate, which is one of the most popular gates to ascend the wall.
2. Take bus 9, 104, 507, 511, 519, 703, 705, 712, 718, 912 or Tourist Bus Line 10 to North Gate, which is the closest gate to ascend the wall.
To Giant Wild Goose Pagoda:
Take bus 5, 30, 41, 500, Tourist Bus Line 6, or Tourist Bus Line 8 to get there directly.
To Terracotta Warriors:
Visitors to Huaqing Pool can also take Tourist Bus Line 5 (306), which has a stop there. Ticket fare to the site is CNY 4 and duration is about 70 minutes.
To South Railway Station
Take bus no. 903 to Wudianpu first and then change to bus no. 920 to the destination.
To Mt. Huashan:
1. Take an ordinary train from this station to Huashan Railway Station, which takes about 1.5 hours and CNY 20 for a hard seat; there are about 25 departures per day from 08:48 to 22:53. Upon arrival, change to a local tourism bus to mountain foot, which takes CNY 3 and 20 minutes.
2. Go to North Railway Station to take a bullet train to Huashan North Station, which takes about half an hour and CNY 54.5 for a second class seat. There are 13 departures per day from 07:53 to 21:03. Upon arrival, there are green free buses shuttling between the station exit and mountain foot.
To Famen Temple:
Take metro line 1 from Wulukou to Hancheng Road, then walk to Chengxi Long-distance Bus Station to take a bus to Famen Temple; passengers can also take bus 104 to the long-distance bus station. The long-distance buses depart at 09:00, 11:40 and 16:30; the travel time is about 1.5 hours.
To North Railway Station:
1. Take bus 266 to get there directly;
2. Take metro line 4 from Wulukou to get there.
To Xianyang International Airport:
1. Take airport shuttle bus line 2 to the southeast of the station square. The bus departs from 06:00 to 21:00 with an interval of about 30 minutes. Duration is about 60 minutes and ticket fare is CNY25.
2. Take metro line 4 from Wulukou to North Railway Station, then change to line 13 (airport line) to the Airport. Duration is about 80 minutes and ticket fare is CNY20.
Bus/ Subway Search
Facilities and Services of the Station
There are all together twelve waiting rooms on both floors. Two escalators take you to the second floor. All waiting rooms are equipped with toilets, drinkable boiled water, shops, and newsstands. A special waiting room for mothers and infants is on the second floor, and it provides great convenience for those who make a train travel with kids or during pregnancy.
There are also two leisure waiting rooms in which the seats are comfortable and passengers can board ahead of the scheduled check-in time, but a service fee of CNY 10 per person is charged. A soft seat/sleeper waiting room is at the northeast corner of the second floor, and only passengers holding soft seat/sleeper tickets are permitted to enter.
The station has two ticket offices, once located to east of entrance (No.1 Ticket Office) and the other to west of the entrance (No.2 Ticket Office). Passengers can purchase, collect, change or refund the ticket at either of them. In the western and eastern squares, there are also two movable ticket booths and ticket counters for ticket selling. Foreign passengers are required to provide their valid certificate like passports when purchasing or collecting tickets.
There are a number of left luggage spots. However, considering security, you are advised to deposit the luggage at the left luggage office 11 yards (10 meters) west of the station exit or the one near the ticket office. The left luggage counters provide a 24/7 service, charging CNY 5 for small bags less than 10 kilograms and CNY 10 for large luggage over 10 kilograms per day, and there is no time limit.
In the central area of the square, free WIFI (name: WIFIXIAN-火车站) without password is available, which is convenient for passengers to get more useful local travel information.
Hotels such as Grand Soluxe International Hotel, Fuhou Hotel and Longhai Hotel are located around the station are excellent choices. Both around and inside the station, there are also many restaurants, food stands, supermarkets, and souvenir stores for passengers’ convenience; but the price there are mostly higher than other places.