Xi’an Taxi Price
|Flag-down Rate||CNY 8.5 for the first 3km (1.9 mi) in the daytime; |
CNY 10 at night
|Unit Fare||CNY 2 /km after the first 3km in the daytime; |
CNY 2.3 /km from 23:00 to 06:00 the next day
|Low-Speed Drive and Waiting Fare||Extra CNY 2 for each 4 minutes of waiting or driving at a speed of less than 10km/h during rush hours; |
Extra CNY 2 for every 5 minutes at other times.
|Empty-run Fee||CNY1/km for any extra distance beyond 12km (7.5mi)|
Xi’an Taxi Fare for Reference
Drivers usually use the taxi’s meter in the downtown area. If not, ask the driver to open the meter. However, for a long-distance taxi ride such as to the Airport or the Terracotta Warriors, some drivers prefer a flat rate. In these cases, bargain with the driver for a reasonable price.
|Destination||Distance from Downtown||Fare from Downtown|
|Xi'an North Railway Station||Around 20 km (12 mi)||CNY 50-60|
|Xianyang International Airport||Around 40 km (25 mi)||CNY 120-130 in the daytime; |
CNY 150 at night
|Terracotta Army||Around 40 km (25 mi)||Around CNY 150|
|Mt. Huashan||Around 120 km (75 mi)||Around CNY350 - 500 for a round trip|
|Famen Temple||Around 120 km (75 mi)||Around CNY300 - 450 for a round trip|
|Taibai Mountain||Around 120 km (75 mi)||Around CNY600 for a round trip|
Airport & Train Station Transfer Service by TravelChinaGuide.com.
How to Hail a Taxi
1. By Hand Signal at Roadside
Official taxi stands are available at most streets and lanes and they are usually close to bus stops. Apart from taking a cab at these designated stands, it is easy to flag down a cab on the street. However, we suggest not to hail a cab near traffic lights or a crossroad, because few drivers will stop for any possible customers.
2. Call hotline 029-96716 to make a reservation
Note: this service is in the Chinese language only, so you need to find a friend who knows Chinese or ask for help at the front desk of the hotel.
How to Pay the Taxi Fare
1. Use cash
Please note that the drivers usually don’t charge or return small loose change. For instance, you only need to pay CNY13 if the fare is CNY13.3. As with the same, if the fare is CNY15.7, the driver will charge CNY16. When the cab fare is small, don’t pay with a large bill. It is best to carry an assortment of small bills. Usually there is no need to tip the driver, but if you are very satisfied with their service, you can do it.
2. Use online apps such as Wechat and Alipay.
Please note Xi’an taxi drivers generally do not accept debit or credit cards, domestic or foreign.Please note that the drivers usually don’t charge or return small loose change. For instance, you only need to pay CNY13 if the fare is CNY13.3. As with the same, if the fare is CNY15.7, the driver will charge CNY16. When the cab fare is small, you’d better not pay with a CNY100 bill. Usually there is no need to tip the driver, but if you are very satisfied with their service, you can do it.
Tips for Taking a Taxi in Xi’an
1. It is usually difficult to hail a cab during the rush hours: 07:30 - 08:30 and 17:30 - 19:00. This may also happen during 15:00 and 16:30 when the drivers change shifts. During this period, most drivers only stop for
passengers who are going in the same direction as they are.
|Away from the Illegal Tricycles and Autobikes |
outside South Gate of the City Wal
2. During rush hours, you could try car-hailing apps like Didi and Caocao to reserve a car in advance.
3. There is a designated taxi pick-up area at the airport and at the train stations.
4. Taxi drivers in Xi’an rarely speak or read English, so it is best to present them a note with your destination in Chinese characters or at least in Pinyin.
5. Ask the driver for a receipt in case of any unexpected events.
6. Due to subway construction and other unexpected factors, the drivers sometimes have to detour, especially around the city center. Therefore, depart a little earlier if you are on a tight schedule.
7. Cabs are not equipped with baby seats. If you are traveling with a baby, ask the driver to slow down.
8. Avoid the autobikes or tricycles in Xi’an. You may notice autobikes or tricycles waiting for passengers at the commercial areas and around entertainment venues and hotels. It seems convenient, but they are actually illegal and unsafe. Sometimes they even charge a higher price than cabs.
9. Please be careful of fake taxis which are painted green like the legal ones. They overcharge and are unsafe. Usually there are no LED lights or billboards on the top of the car. Besides, the real license for green taxi generally starts with 陕AUXXX or 陕ADXXX．
Or upon landing, you can take airport shuttle bus Xishaomen Line and get off at Airport Business Hotel. The ticket fare is CNY 25/person. Then take a taxi to your hotel.
would I run into any trouble?