Year of the Rat
Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032...
An interesting Chinese legend about the ranking of the Rat goes that the Chinese supreme deity Jade Emperor held a birthday party and would decide the order of the zodiac animals according to their arrival times. Originally, the hardworking Ox departed early and should be the first one to reach. However, the Rat hid in the Ox’s ear and jumped down when arriving, occupying the first place. Thus the Rat had since been the No. 1 in the 12-year cycle and represents spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, and flexibility.
What’s more, the vitality of the Rat including the high fertility and high survival rate also makes it a lucky sign for couples hoping to conceive.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yang
A more simple way is to fill in your birthday in “Find your Chinese Zodiac” to get a quick and accurate answer.
Lucky Things for Rats:Lucky Numbers: 2, 3 Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9 Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown Unlucky Direction: west
People who were born in the Year of the Rat are always called Rats whose characteristics tend to be more quick-witted with a keen observation and foresight. Rats also have a bright and optimistic personality which makes them adapt to changes in any environment and easily get help from others. However, though Rats are ambitious in career, they may not be qualified to become great leaders due to the stubbornness and the lack of empathy and humility.
Savvy, quick-witted, positive, intelligent, bright, versatile
Lack of courage, captious, undetermined, stubborn
- Rat Men: Rat men can think quickly and have a good memory. They are curious about everything, get to the bottom of things, and have a strong thirst for knowledge. Meanwhile, they hold on to their own views but seldom have the courage to take action. Men with Chinese zodiac Rat sign also attach importance to the family.
- Rat Women: Rat women are smart and sensible in the life, taking a cue from somebody’s words or facial expressions. They also take a good advantage of their strengths and avoid showing weaknesses. All of those make them considerate and their families could be taken care of. However, they may lack the ability to cope with stress.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rat' Are You?
People born in different years of Rat show varied personal characters because the traditional Chinese Five Elements (Wu Xing) will affect the personality.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rat||1924, 1984||Independent, traditional, enjoying great popularity but a bit pessimistic.|
|Fire Rat||1936, 1996||Energetic, brave, self-disciplined, sometimes sharp and harsh.|
|Earth Rat||1948, 2008||Honest, hardworking, having strong adaptability, of high self-esteem.|
|Metal Rat||1960, 2020||Persuasive, irritable, sensitive with strong self-awareness, like to be the center of attention.|
|Water Rat||1912, 1972||Alert, intelligent with good thinking, but conservative in practice.|
- Rat’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: With outgoing and optimistic character, they are extroverts ready to help others. Good communication skills make them have fewer conflicts with others and popular among friends.
• Blood Type A: They are typical submissive people, always keeping themselves in the second place but putting others first. They are empathetic, perceptive, and quick-witted but not assertive enough to capture opportunities.
• Blood Type B: Having an unsociable personality, they are straightforward in expression and tired of using a euphemism. However, they are easy to trust others so that they suffer losses.
• Blood Type AB: Rats with blood type AB look gentle and generous outwardly but sometimes they are arbitrary and indifferent. The high efficiency at work makes them deeply valued by bosses.
- Best Matches: Ox, Dragon, Monkey
Ox is the most faithful partner for the Rat and they can build a romantic relationship together. Rat’ straightforwardness and confidence will attract Dragons and they can find more fun in life and help each other at work. Monkey will also be a great partner and the couple of Rat and Monkey can not only support each other but also be tolerant of each other’s shortcomings.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster
Both the Rat and the Horse are independent and proactive but it is hard for them to understand and communicate with each other. The Rat people cannot stand the picky from a Rooster partner and they may have a lot of conflicts.
- How to Get along with Rats
People with Chinese zodiac Rat sign are emulative in a relationship and they want to find a capable and excellent partner, especially in the career. If you think they are money-oriented, then you are wrong. They don’t care too much about money or outward appearance. What matters for them is about inner feelings and the chemistry. Though Rats look flirtatious, they are honest and faithful once they choose to build a relationship and hope so are their partners.
- Best Jobs: Artist, musician, cafe owner, actor, author, photographer, doctor, teacher...
- Career: The fortune for people born in the year of the Rat is neither too bad nor good in 2023. It is advised that they stay low-key, keep away from the gossip in the company, spend more time improving themselves, and work hard, which will earn them higher income and position. For those planning to change the job, make it another year because it is not a lucky year to do so.
- Wealth: The salary from work or profits from business will be generally satisfying and there is a chance for them to earn a little from investment like funds and stocks. However, it is predicted that the singles may waste money in a potential relationship which is likely to be unsuccessful.
- Relationships: To avoid troubles and conflicts, it is advised Rats communicate more with their lover, workmates and friends. The singles are more likely to meet someone wrong instead of their Mr. or Mrs. Right, so think twice before start dating. The married people should be self-disciplined and stay away from the temptations outside.
- Education: The students will be blessed by good luck in 2023. Just concentrate in the class and study hard, it will be quite easy for them to get good scores. Besides, there is a high possibility for those seeking for professional certificates to perform well in exams and acquire what they want.
- Health: In daily life, do not over eat or over drink and they will stay healthy in general. Females should be cautious of gynecological diseases. If feel uncomfortable, go to hospital on time. One bad prediction is that their elder family members may suffer from some physical disorders.
Prince Charles (Prince of Wales): November 14, 1948, Earth Rat
Eminem (Rapper): October 17, 1972, Water Rat
Katy Perry (Pop Star): October 25, 1984, Wood Rat
Cristiano Ronaldo (Football Star): February 5, 1985, Wood Rat
Tom Holland (Actor): June 1, 1996, Fire Rat
I'm wondering about moving back to home country in 2024 after more than 30 years away. How does that look?
Do you see any scope of me getting into serious relationship leading to marriage this year?
Thank you much & hv a great day ☀️