Year of the Tiger
Tiger is the third in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. The Years of the Tiger include 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034...
Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, stately and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or grandees with the tiger. Court officials often said that 'accompanying the emperor is just like being at the side of a tiger'. There are also many legends about this animal.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Yin
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yang
Years of the Tiger
Lucky Signs for people born in Tiger Year:
Lucky Colors: grey, blue, white, orange
Lucky Flowers: cineraria, anthurium
Lucky Directions: south, east, southeast
- Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8
- Unlucky Colors: gold, silver, brown, black
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
Tolerant, loyal, valiant, courageous, trustworthy, intelligent, virtuous
Arrogant, short-tempered, hasty, traitorous
- See more about Destiny by Birth Month
- Best Matches: Dragon, Horse, Pig
They can encourage and help each other, and they can be the best lovers as well as rivals. They are all ambitious and share the same value in life and money. The couple can lead a harmonious life.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Snake, Monkey
They are both aggressive, and seldom make compromise, so the relationship will be nipped in the bud. If getting married, financial problems would result in their breakup.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Best Jobs: Economist, politician, adventurer, management officer...
- Best Working Partners: Pig, Horse and Dog
- Best Age to Start a Business: 35 - 50
- Best Career Field: Catering Industry, Outdoor Sports Facilities Field
- See more about Best Business and Career Fields for Tiger
- Blood Type O: They are outgoing and considerate, always keeping a sober mind. They will not easily give in when meeting difficulties but confront them bravely.
- Blood Type A: Stable, obedient, they can always arrange their life in good order. They pursue high quality of life, and they would like to impress people with a decent and noble image.
- Blood Type B: They are straightforward, awkward in speaking. They seek freedom always, and they are persistent to realize their dreams.
- Blood Type AB: Careful and cautious, they seldom make mistakes in work. They are tenderer than other people in this zodiac sign. Positive and humorous, they have many reliable friends.
Different years are attached with different elements. See what kind of Tigers you are and find your personal description and fortune.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Tiger||1914, 1974||Self-righteous and rejecting others' command; willing to help the weak.|
|Fire Tiger||1926, 1986||Talented with willpower, always suiting the action to the word.|
|Earth Tiger||1938, 1998||Proud and arrogant, alive with ambition, rich in enterprising spirit.|
|Metal Tiger||1950, 2010||Peaceful, caring much for family, considerate but sparing in speech.|
|Water Tiger||1962, 2022||Curious with high learning ability; possible high artistic attainments.|