Year of the Tiger
The Tiger ranks third in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Tiger include 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034...
Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness in Chinese culture. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or kings with the tigers. Tigers are also considered as a patron deity for children and parents will prepare the shoes and hats with tiger designs for their babies.
The Chinese zodiac Tiger sign entitles people born in the Years of the Tiger to be natural leaders. They are adventurous, ambitious and have a strong sense of justice, but maybe also a little arrogant and impetuous.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Yin
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yang
You can also search the result by using the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac”.
Lucky Things for Tigers:Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 4 Lucky Colors: grey, blue, white, orange Lucky Flowers: cineraria, anthurium Lucky Directions: south, east, southeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8 Unlucky Colors: gold, silver, brown, black Unlucky Direction: northwest
Tigers are such persons who dare to love and hate. If a friend does something wrong, they may point it out directly. The daring also makes them rebellious, stubborn and arbitrary in life, and thus it is not easy for them to take others’ advice.
- Strengths: Brave, passionate, optimistic, love challenges and adventures
- Weaknesses: Rebellious, overconfident, stubborn, emotional
- Tiger Men: Most of the Tiger men are optimistic and ambitious at work. They are not satisfied with the status quo and strive for excellence. Even encountering difficulties, the Tigers will not give up easily and just go forward. Besides, they never break promises once giving their words.
- Tiger Women: Tiger women are good at taking care of family members. They are loved by children and can always get along well with them by playing games and telling stories. They also enjoy life and you may find them in various parties and outdoor activities. Rather than keeping alone, they prefer to stay with people.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Tiger' Are You?
Tigers present different personalities and character traits according to various elements. In Chinese culture, all the things are composed of the Five Elements including Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. See the following chart to find your type.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Tiger||1914, 1974||Just, sympathetic, willing to help the weak, but rejecting others' command.|
|Fire Tiger||1926, 1986||Optimistic, effective at execution, independent, and courageous.|
|Earth Tiger||1938, 1998||Hardworking, practical, rich in enterprising spirit.|
|Metal Tiger||1950, 2010||Active, ambitious, loving freedom, caring much for family.|
|Water Tiger||1962, 2022||Confident, curious, high learning potential; possibly with high self-esteem.|
- Tiger’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Tigers with blood type O are warm-hearted and develop a good sense of justice. They are never afraid of failures and can always hold their own.
• Blood Type A: For those with blood type A, they may have completely contrary characteristics at the same time, sometimes active and progressive, but sometimes shy and conservative.
• Blood Type B: They love making friends and are specializing in social interactions. However, the overemotional personality sometimes makes them lack of planning.
• Blood Type AB: They are positive and confident, good at convincing others, which helps to get great success at work. But it may be a bit hard for them to follow through.
- Best Matches: Dragon, Horse, Pig
The Dragon, Horse, and Pig are bound to the Tiger’s partners because of their complementary characteristic traits. They have the same goals and beliefs in life, easily being attracted by each other. When meeting difficulties, they will also get timely support from their partners.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Snake, Monkey
When choosing a partner, it is better for the Tiger to avoid the Ox, Tiger, and Snake as it is hard for them to be attuned to the Tiger’s feelings. What’s more, they seldom compromise in a relationship with the Tigers, which results in endless quarrels.
- How to Build Relationship with Tigers
Good news to people who want to build a love relationship with the Tigers is that they cast doubt on the soul mate theory and don’t believe there is someone definitely compatible with them, which means everyone can have a chance to touch the Tiger’s heart. The Tiger always looks strong and pride but they do have a soft heart. When getting along with the Tiger, more patience and understanding are needed and they care about some details.
- Best Jobs: Politician, economist, adventurer, banker, doctor, police officer, lawyer...
Also, long-term stress may cause some disorders. It is advised to take regular exercise and keep a balanced diet as most of the Tigers have a dietary preference for sweet foods. Change to a healthier diet and take in more high-fiber fruits and vegetables.
- Career: The 2023 prediction shows low chance of promotion. But their performance would not be bad. So stay calm and spare some time to learn more professional knowledge and skills, which will help them do a great job in the future. Their relationship with workmates and customers would be harmonious and they intend to develop more distinguished customers.
- Wealth: This year, their salary may not be enough to cover their increasing expense. Maybe they could find a part-time job to fill in the gap. The businessmen born in the year of the Tiger would be satisfied about their profits, just in case of losses caused by the competitors.
- Relationships: Due to their negative attitude, the singles would not like to dress up to attract a potential girlfriend/ boyfriend, or attend a blind date, hence very likely stay available. For those married, their marriage would be stable because the two sides could understand and compromise to each other.
- Education: Their attitude towards study is positive and they would meet someone who can help them improve the efficiency. Focus in class. Their luck in examinations is good, too. Even though, go over the papers carefully before submitting them, so as to get high scores.
- Health: The possibility of getting sick is high this year. But do not be afraid and go to hospital on time if feel not OK. Early treatment means early recovery and less sufferings. Also, they’d better do something to strengthen their body.
Marilyn Monroe (Actress): June 1, 1926, Fire Tiger
Tom Cruise (Actor): July 3, 1962, Water Tiger
Lady Gaga (Singer): March 28, 1986, Fire Tiger
Shawn Mendes (Singer): August 8, 1998, Earth Tiger
31/3/86 time 14.45 pm
Thank you for your time and wishing you a wonderful 2021.
Ps Jeff, you have such wise words would greatly appreciate your thoughts.