Year of the Rat
2020 is the Year of the Rat according to Chinese zodiac. This is a Year of Metal Rat, starting from the 2020 Chinese New Year on Jan. 25 and lasting to 2021 Lunar New Year’s Eve on Feb. 11. Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032...
An interesting Chinese legend about the ranking of the Rat goes that the Chinese supreme deity Jade Emperor held a birthday party and would decide the order of the zodiac animals according to their arrival times. Originally, the hardworking Ox departed early and should be the first one to reach. However, the Rat hid in the Ox’s ear and jumped down when arriving, occupying the first place. Thus the Rat had since been the No. 1 in the 12-year cycle and represents spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, and flexibility.
What’s more, the vitality of the Rat including the high fertility and high survival rate also makes it a lucky sign for couples hoping to conceive.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yang
A more simple way is to fill in your birthday in “Find your Chinese Zodiac” to get a quick and accurate answer.
Lucky Things for Rats:Lucky Numbers: 2, 3 Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9 Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown Unlucky Direction: west
Savvy, quick-witted, positive, intelligent, bright, versatile
Lack of courage, captious, undetermined, stubborn
- Rat Men: Rat men can think quickly and have a good memory. They are curious about everything, get to the bottom of things, and have a strong thirst for knowledge. Meanwhile, they hold on to their own views but seldom have the courage to take action. Men with Chinese zodiac Rat sign also attach importance to the family.
- Rat Women: Rat women are smart and sensible in the life, taking a cue from somebody’s words or facial expressions. They also take a good advantage of their strengths and avoid showing weaknesses. All of those make them considerate and their families could be taken care of. However, they may lack the ability to cope with stress.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rat' Are You?
People born in different years of Rat show varied personal characters because the traditional Chinese Five Elements (Wu Xing) will affect the personality.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rat||1924, 1984||Independent, traditional, enjoying great popularity but a bit pessimistic.|
|Fire Rat||1936, 1996||Energetic, brave, self-disciplined, sometimes sharp and harsh.|
|Earth Rat||1948, 2008||Honest, hardworking, having strong adaptability, of high self-esteem.|
|Metal Rat||1960, 2020||Persuasive, irritable, sensitive with strong self-awareness, like to be the center of attention.|
|Water Rat||1912, 1972||Alert, intelligent with good thinking, but conservative in practice.|
- Rat’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: With outgoing and optimistic character, they are extroverts ready to help others. Good communication skills make them have fewer conflicts with others and popular among friends.
• Blood Type A: They are typical submissive people, always keeping themselves in the second place but putting others first. They are empathetic, perceptive, and quick-witted but not assertive enough to capture opportunities.
• Blood Type B: Having an unsociable personality, they are straightforward in expression and tired of using a euphemism. However, they are easy to trust others so that they suffer losses.
• Blood Type AB: Rats with blood type AB look gentle and generous outwardly but sometimes they are arbitrary and indifferent. The high efficiency at work makes them deeply valued by bosses.
- Best Matches: Ox, Dragon, Monkey
Ox is the most faithful partner for the Rat and they can build a romantic relationship together. Rat’ straightforwardness and confidence will attract Dragons and they can find more fun in life and help each other at work. Monkey will also be a great partner and the couple of Rat and Monkey can not only support each other but also be tolerant of each other’s shortcomings.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster
Both the Rat and the Horse are independent and proactive but it is hard for them to understand and communicate with each other. The Rat people cannot stand the picky from a Rooster partner and they may have a lot of conflicts.
- How to Get along with Rats
People with Chinese zodiac Rat sign are emulative in a relationship and they want to find a capable and excellent partner, especially in the career. If you think they are money-oriented, then you are wrong. They don’t care too much about money or outward appearance. What matters for them is about inner feelings and the chemistry. Though Rats look flirtatious, they are honest and faithful once they choose to build a relationship and hope so are their partners.
- Best Jobs: Artist, musician, cafe owner, actor, author, photographer, doctor, teacher...
- Career: This year may not be very smooth for the Rats in career. They may feel tired at work and face difficult tasks. Some chances of changing jobs may occur in the second-half year but avoid excessive expectations.
- Wealth: As the wealth fortune becomes fluctuated, they should make savings this year. Try to avoid deficit spending and create a budget plan. Do not make any high-risk investments but it is available to purchase some low-risk funds.
- Relationships: The chances for single Rats to find a partner are slim as they devote themselves to the work this year. However, Rats men may have romantic affairs but that may trigger some troubles.
- Education: Progress in the Rats’ studies is not obvious in this year and the hard tasks may bring the school-weariness. Parents should offer more encouragement and the Rats could take part in various outdoor activities to relieve stress.
- Health: Their health fortune is not so positive in 2020. Pay attention to the accidental injuries or bloodshed. Try to keep a peaceful mind and avoid fighting with others. Also, take care of themselves in case of catching colds or fevers.
Prince Charles (Prince of Wales): November 14, 1948, Earth Rat
Eminem (Rapper): October 17, 1972, Water Rat
Katy Perry (Pop Star): October 25, 1984, Wood Rat
Cristiano Ronaldo (Football Star): February 5, 1985, Wood Rat
Tom Holland (Actor): June 1, 1996, Fire Rat
She recently took medical college entrance exam (MCAT) on March 14, 2020 and did not do very well so she took the same exam (MCAT) again on June 20, 2020.
Will my daughter be successful and be able to get admission to a medical college to study and become a medical doctor?
She has had some serious liking for some colleagues boys during her college years. she just graduated from college and studying higher.
She does not have a boyfriend at this time as much as i know
i would like to know what are her chances of marriage and when? will it be a love marriage of her choice or arranged marriage and will it be successful?
Regards and thanks
My DOB is 24th July 1984 . I am a software Engineer with 11 years of experience, and planning to move to a new Role in a new company this year, though in the Software field only. I am highly stressed as this Role is totally new , and I won't be having any experience in this , though I have started studying for it. How are the prospects for me to switch to a new company. And also how will that new Role and new Organisation, will be for me.