Year of the Rat
|2020 is the Year of the Rat according to Chinese zodiac. This is a Year of Metal Rat, starting from the 2020 Chinese New Year on Jan. 25 and lasting to 2021 Lunar New Year’s Eve on Feb. 11.|
Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032...
Though people consider the rat not adorable, and it even makes its way into derogatory languages, it ranks first on the Chinese zodiac signs. It has characteristics of an animal with spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, flexibility and vitality.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yang
Years of the Rat
Lucky Signs for People Born in Rat Year:
Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green
Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley
Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
- Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9
- Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown
- Unlucky Direction: west
- Best Matches: Ox, Dragon, Monkey
They can get along with Ox, Dragon and Monkey partners, and their relationship will be well maintained as fresh as before. There is no big rise and fall in their life time, but will never be a lack of romance and passion.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster
If they get together, there will be endless quarrels. They are all sharp in words, and seldom make compromises. Picky in each other’s faults, they cannot be tolerant, which leads to their final divergence.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Best Jobs: Artist, author, doctor, teacher...
- Best Working Partners: Ox, Monkey, Dragon
- Best Age to Start a Business: 35 - 45
- Best Career Fields: Service Industry, Finance and Economy Field
- See more about Best Business and Career Fields for Rat
- Blood Type O: They are positive, kind, and warm hearted. People admire their uprightness and principles.
- Blood Type A: They are acute and thoughtful, for they can always sense the subtle changes of others. Tidy and orderly, they can always make the living place comfortable and cozy.
- Blood Type B: Straightforward and outgoing in nature, they are faithful friends in others’ eyes. Besides, they are loyal and persistent in relationships.
- Blood Type AB: Humor and modesty are their shinning points, and for that they can make a lot of friends. They are assertive, having different insights in their own perspective.
People born in different years of Rat show varied personal characters when counting the affect from the traditional Chinese Five Elements (Wu Xing).
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rat||1924, 1984||Independent with proper pride, conforming to traditional ideas.|
|Fire Rat||1936, 1996||Clever, capable, but lacking sense of discipline.|
|Earth Rat||1948, 2008||Sober and contented mind, strong adaptability.|
|Metal Rat||1960, 2020||Sensitive with strong self-awareness; persuasive with ready tongue.|
|Water Rat||1912, 1972||Intelligent with high thinking faculty, but conservative in practice.|
Rat Zodiac Eminent Personalities
Date of birth Feb. 12, 1950
Perfect match according to Compatibility
Please email me: Gerard.caissieyahoo.ca
my date of birth: 25 November 1984
Hope to hear from you
Many thanks in Advance
You made my day, prayers from Bhutan 🇧🇹
Thanks in advance
Thanks for the response. Can you please predict if I am destined to work in foreign countries and will be successful there. I had a bad experience in the past and am little hesitant in trying.
She has just finished college and is working currently and also studying to take exam for getting admission into medical college.
I think she likes a boy who is her colleague from college even though she has not said to me she likes him but i think she does.
He is Muslim and his name is Sajdur Rehman Kader born April 15, 1999 in U.A.E. Currently he is here in USA and also applying to be a doctor.
what are the prospects that they will get married and if so will this marriage be successful?
if not then when will my daughter possibly get married and will that marriage be successful?