Year of the Rat
Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032...
An interesting Chinese legend about the ranking of the Rat goes that the Chinese supreme deity Jade Emperor held a birthday party and would decide the order of the zodiac animals according to their arrival times. Originally, the hardworking Ox departed early and should be the first one to reach. However, the Rat hid in the Ox’s ear and jumped down when arriving, occupying the first place. Thus the Rat had since been the No. 1 in the 12-year cycle and represents spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, and flexibility.
What’s more, the vitality of the Rat including the high fertility and high survival rate also makes it a lucky sign for couples hoping to conceive.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yang
A more simple way is to fill in your birthday in “Find your Chinese Zodiac” to get a quick and accurate answer.
Lucky Things for Rats:Lucky Numbers: 2, 3 Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9 Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown Unlucky Direction: west
Savvy, quick-witted, positive, intelligent, bright, versatile
Lack of courage, captious, undetermined, stubborn
- Rat Men: Rat men can think quickly and have a good memory. They are curious about everything, get to the bottom of things, and have a strong thirst for knowledge. Meanwhile, they hold on to their own views but seldom have the courage to take action. Men with Chinese zodiac Rat sign also attach importance to the family.
- Rat Women: Rat women are smart and sensible in the life, taking a cue from somebody’s words or facial expressions. They also take a good advantage of their strengths and avoid showing weaknesses. All of those make them considerate and their families could be taken care of. However, they may lack the ability to cope with stress.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rat' Are You?
People born in different years of Rat show varied personal characters because the traditional Chinese Five Elements (Wu Xing) will affect the personality.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rat||1924, 1984||Independent, traditional, enjoying great popularity but a bit pessimistic.|
|Fire Rat||1936, 1996||Energetic, brave, self-disciplined, sometimes sharp and harsh.|
|Earth Rat||1948, 2008||Honest, hardworking, having strong adaptability, of high self-esteem.|
|Metal Rat||1960, 2020||Persuasive, irritable, sensitive with strong self-awareness, like to be the center of attention.|
|Water Rat||1912, 1972||Alert, intelligent with good thinking, but conservative in practice.|
- Rat’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: With outgoing and optimistic character, they are extroverts ready to help others. Good communication skills make them have fewer conflicts with others and popular among friends.
• Blood Type A: They are typical submissive people, always keeping themselves in the second place but putting others first. They are empathetic, perceptive, and quick-witted but not assertive enough to capture opportunities.
• Blood Type B: Having an unsociable personality, they are straightforward in expression and tired of using a euphemism. However, they are easy to trust others so that they suffer losses.
• Blood Type AB: Rats with blood type AB look gentle and generous outwardly but sometimes they are arbitrary and indifferent. The high efficiency at work makes them deeply valued by bosses.
- Best Matches: Ox, Dragon, Monkey
Ox is the most faithful partner for the Rat and they can build a romantic relationship together. Rat’ straightforwardness and confidence will attract Dragons and they can find more fun in life and help each other at work. Monkey will also be a great partner and the couple of Rat and Monkey can not only support each other but also be tolerant of each other’s shortcomings.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster
Both the Rat and the Horse are independent and proactive but it is hard for them to understand and communicate with each other. The Rat people cannot stand the picky from a Rooster partner and they may have a lot of conflicts.
- How to Get along with Rats
People with Chinese zodiac Rat sign are emulative in a relationship and they want to find a capable and excellent partner, especially in the career. If you think they are money-oriented, then you are wrong. They don’t care too much about money or outward appearance. What matters for them is about inner feelings and the chemistry. Though Rats look flirtatious, they are honest and faithful once they choose to build a relationship and hope so are their partners.
- Best Jobs: Artist, musician, cafe owner, actor, author, photographer, doctor, teacher...
- Career: They rarely make mistakes in the workplace due to their rigorous attitude. With the harmonious interpersonal relationship, Rat people can obtain achievements as long as they catch the golden chance timely.
- Wealth: Besides the guaranteed salary, Rats can increase the wealth quickly by making some appropriately investments. However, they should know how to save and manage wealth in the whole year. Otherwise, the hard-earned money would be wasted again and again.
- Relationships: Single Rat people would have a large chance to meet soul mate in 2021 as long as they treat love loyalty. Besides, this year is very suitable for engagement or wedding. Although there may be some quarrels between young couples, the ending is definitely sweet and beautiful.
- Education: Rats’ grades will be improved a lot in this year, which is popular with classmates and teachers. They can also join in more school activities to practise their manipulative ability and thinking skill.
- Health: Although there would have some minor diseases, it won’t have any problem as long as they receive treatment in time. Do not stay up late for study and work as this will bring serious safety risks. Whether go out with friends or have family trip, it will be very beneficial to physical and mental health.
Prince Charles (Prince of Wales): November 14, 1948, Earth Rat
Eminem (Rapper): October 17, 1972, Water Rat
Katy Perry (Pop Star): October 25, 1984, Wood Rat
Cristiano Ronaldo (Football Star): February 5, 1985, Wood Rat
Tom Holland (Actor): June 1, 1996, Fire Rat
Thank you much & hv a great day ☀️