Year of the Dragon
Dragon is the fifth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Dragon include 1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024...
Chinese Dragon is de facto an imaginary animal, also the only fictitious creature in the 12 zodiac animals, which is composed of 9 animals, including the body of a snake, the horns of a deer, the head of an ox, the mouth of a crocodile, the claws of an eagle, and the scales of a fish. The Dragon enjoys a very high reputation in Chinese culture and it represents auspiciousness and imperial power since ancient times.
Chinese people regard themselves as descendants of the Chinese dragon and emperors entitled themselves exclusively as the 'dragon'. It is the token of authority, dignity, honor, success, luck, and capacity
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chen
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yang
To make sure you find out the right Chinese zodiac, just check the chart below or directly use the tool of “Find Your Chinese Zodiac” to learn about your real Chinese zodiac sign and elements.
Lucky Things for Dragons:Lucky Numbers: 1, 7, 6 Lucky Colors: gold, silver, hoary Lucky Flowers: bleeding heart vine, larkspur, hyacinth Lucky Directions: west, north, northwest
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 9, 8, 3 Unlucky Colors: red, green, purple, black Unlucky Direction: southeast
But the Dragon’s pride may bring prejudice, and it is also a little hard for them to have the force of will to follow through. If they want to achieve excellence and get great success, then honing the willpower is indispensable.
- Strengths: Determined, ambitious, independent, energetic, sincere, and enjoy great popularity among friends.
- Weaknesses: Easily give up, little willpower, and unwilling to admit mistakes.
- Dragon Men: Dragon men have high self-esteem and always forge ahead. As one of the best leaders ever, Dragon men prone to be energetic, motivated, and skillful at work and they love to set dramatic and ambitious goals and then lead the team to complete them. They are also faithful and generous to friends and lovers, seldom flirting with others. However, they need more courage to face failures and challenges.
- Dragon Women: Dragon women are typical feminists. They think women can perform as well as men, and even do better. Besides. They have a clear plan about their future and will be determined to fight for it. In life, women with Chinese zodiac Dragon sign prefer simple and comfortable clothing to fashionable styles. At work, they tend to be career-oriented and creative.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Dragon' Are You?
The Chinese zodiac Dragon sign is decided by the birth dates which also decide your types of Five Elements, and your personality traits will be affected by the Five Elements, too. See the chart below to learn about your types and characteristics.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Dragon||1904, 1964||Taciturn, hardworking, talented, loving challenges but not fond of the limelight.|
|Fire Dragon||1916, 1976||Tact, good at seizing opportunities, with high adaptability.|
|Earth Dragon||1928, 1988||Ambitious, smart, caring, and hardworking, but tend to give up halfway.|
|Metal Dragon||1940, 2000||Frank and sincere, moody, having creative ideas but lacking practice.|
|Water Dragon||1952, 2012||Far-sighted, decisive, persistent, humorous, but a little stubborn.|
- Dragon’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Compared to the Dragon with other blood types, they are bolder and more decisive, also very sympathetic. They will offer timely help to friends in need. They also lead a fulfilling life, having broad interests in art, music and literature.
• Blood Type A: Dragon people with blood type A are mild with stable emotion, and hardly make enemies. They also have a keen eye to observe the surroundings. However, they don’t like adventures and love a peaceful life.
• Blood Type B: They are active and straightforward, and the humor sense always makes them popular among friends and colleagues. But it is noted that sometimes they may vent the anger to the loved families when being under pressure
• Blood Type AB: These people are the most independent ones among all the Dragons. They love nature and travel far to enjoy various landscapes. The born sensitivity to art and beauty make them outstanding romantics.
- Best Matches: Rooster, Rat, Monkey
The Dragon and the Rooster have common values, thus it is easy for them to lead a happy life. The Dragons are good at making money but have no idea managing money, however, the Rats are the best financial experts. The Dragons are also easily attracted by enthusiastic, cheerful, and intelligent Monkeys.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Sheep, Dog
The Dragon lack trust with these three zodiacs and different characteristics of them may lead to disagreements over trifles. Love will gradually fade away in the increasing complaints.
- How to Get along with Dragons
When getting along with the Dragons, showing respect is very important, especially in a love relationship. If they feel less respected, then the quarrels may occur. The second rule is that always remember to praise the Dragons when they do something and make an achievement. It is essential for them to get the recognition from the partners. Appreciate their work and they will be very happy. At last, resist the urge to control your partner. The Dragons dislike being controlled by others, even their loved ones.
- Best Jobs: Salesman, cashier, financier, pharmacist, electrician, priest, designer, politician, and soldier...
In short, for the Dragons, a balanced diet, adequate sleep are very important to stay away from illnesses. Take it easy and don’t always be so nervous in life. Also, remember to take some time to exercise to maintain your body in good condition. The outdoor activities to explore nature are helpful, too.
- Career: They have good relations with leaders and are recognized for their work ability, but still have difficulties in getting promoted. Wait patiently to accumulate and pave the way for the future.
- Wealth: Their financial luck keep stable. Work hard and they can earn a good income. Be cautious about high-risk investments and choose cooperative partners carefully.
- Relationships: Single people find it difficult to meet their loved ones, while married people should be more rational and considerate to avoid quarrels.
- Education: The academic fortune of young Dragon people is not satisfactory, and their grades fluctuate greatly. They need to adjust their mentality and actively make a study plan.
- Health: Watch out for minor health problems this year. Pay attention to a balanced diet, reasonable arrangement of work time, and keep enough sleep.
John Lennon (Musician and Beatle): October 9, 1940, Metal Dragon
Bruce Lee (Martial Artist and Actor): November 27, 1940, Metal Dragon
Vladimir Putin (Russian President): October 7, 1952, Water Dragon
Stephen Curry (Basketball Superstar): March 14, 1988, Earth Dragon
Adele (Singer-songwriter): May 5, 1988, Earth Dragon
Female Lori is a rat born 2/7/60
Any future here with this woman
We met while we were camping due to housing displacement ( moving and Covid).
Now we camp from town to town. It has been really stressful and we have had plenty of nasty arguments.
Sadly he almost sleepwalks and has temper issues directed at me. He claims he doesn’t remember anything. His words and actions hurt me.
He is a good person otherwise though seems to think he’s an empath. I think we all are!
I’m calm until he crosses lines then I just run.
Is this a compatible union wood dragon Jan 17, 1965 and Sheep/goat Oct 16, 1979? Or should o pack it in and move on? This has been a 3 month union so far this year (2021).
You should also talk to him about this issues.