Year of the Horse
The Horse is the seventh in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Horse include 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026...
The horse was the most frequent transport means in ancient society and it is considered as No. 1 of the most important 6 animals in China. They are strong, powerful and elegant animals. In Chinese culture, horses are always the representative of heroes and talents. People born in the Year of the Horse will share some similarities with the horse and thus they are brave, strong, talented, and independent. The Five Elements of Horse is Fire (Huo), symbolizing enthusiasm and energy, which entitles the Horse people energetic and enthusiastic character.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Wu
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Huo (Fire)
Yin Yang: Yang
A quick way to check whether you are a Horse is to see the chart below or type your birth dates directly into the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac” tool.
Lucky Things for Horses:Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 7 Lucky Colors: brown, yellow, purple Lucky Flowers: calla lily, jasmine, marigold Lucky Directions: northeast, southwest and northwest
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 5, 6 Unlucky Colors: blue, white, gold Unlucky Direction: southeast
Another character of the Horse is that they do have a keen eye and display strong logical thinking, which makes them easily discover the essence through the phenomena and be considerate enough to take care of other people’s emotions.
- Strengths: Inspired, cheerful, talented, perceptive, intelligent and popular in social circle
- Weaknesses: Overly ambitious, overconfident, and sometimes too sophisticated
- Horse Men: The lively Horse men always leave an impression on people that they are full of energy. What’s more, they are decisive and seldom hesitate, which makes them gain a lot of opportunities. With a strong sense of justice, the Horse men cannot tolerate sin and are glad to offer help to the weak. However, they spend money lavishly and like to pay bills for friends.
- Horse Women: Horse women are outstanding among people not only because they have a nice figure but also due to the stylish and fashionable dress code. They have their own lifestyles and are experts in managing time. As a result, they can well balance their career and family. Also, they are nature lovers who enjoy going outside.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Horse' Are You?
People born in the different Years of the Horse can show different personalities according to the Five Elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. Your element will be decided by the years of birth and check the following chart to learn your type and traits.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Horse||1906, 1966||Imaginative, observant, perceptive, born leader and decision-maker.|
|Fire Horse||1918, 1978||Intelligent, passionate, energetic; sensitive to dressing and fashion.|
|Earth Horse||1930, 1990||Optimistic, with a strong sense of justice, a typical doer.|
|Metal Horse||1910, 1970||Frank by nature, sparing no effort to help friends, having a quick tongue.|
|Water Horse||1942, 2002||Considerate, self-sacrificing, and ambitious at work.|
- Horse’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: The Horses with blood type O are born optimists who love to make friends and lead a lively life. However, out of fear of facing challenges and pressure, they are casual about the future and don’t have clear plans or goals in life.
• Blood Type A: They are active, confident, and sometimes can be very straightforward. At work, they are practical and high-efficient. If meeting someone who cannot keep pace with them, they may become impatient.
• Blood Type B: These people are lively, responsive, and full of passion for life. They are hopeful about the future and see the positive sides of things more often. In addition, the female Horses are genuine pioneers in fashion.
• Blood Type AB: With a sophisticated character, they can get along well with a majority of people, and rarely disliked by others. They are not wordy but can deliver very practical information in a few words. Though being wise and intelligent, they don’t like to show off.
- Best Matches: Tiger, Sheep, Rabbit
The Horse sometimes can be very stubborn but they can take the Tiger’s advice and they can make a lovely pair. Due to the lively character of the Horse, it is hard for them to get along with irritable people, so they can build a harmonious relationship with the good-tempered Sheep. For the Horse, the Rabbit is both a friend and a partner.
- Bad Matches: Rat, Ox, Rooster, Horse
The Horse loves freedom and yearns for the outside world while the Rat is family-oriented, and thus the different values will lead to a lot of disagreements. It is also hard for the Horse to compromise when they are with the Ox, Rooster, and the Horse, which makes it difficult for them to become good partners of each other.
- How to Build a Relationship with the Horse
The Horses don’t like boring life and their lives are full of zest. So they will only be attracted by innovative and interesting people. When getting along with the Horses, creating a romantic atmosphere from time to time is very essential, and some sweet love words will also be very helpful to enhance the relationship. However, a taboo for the Horse in a relationship is the lie. Try to keep genuine as the Horse really hate lies, even the white ones.
- Best Jobs: Adventurers, writers, architects, businessmen, performers, entrepreneurs, scientists, artists, politicians, critics, tour guides...
The Horses should care more about their health now. For the young Horses, keep a regular and balanced diet and reject some night parties, which will be good ways to maintain health. For the middle-aged Horses, learn to escape from the heavy work. Make some time to exercise and rest properly.
- Career: Horse people will change jobs this year and take business trips frequently. May be demoted due to work mistakes.
- Wealth: They will spend a lot of money to treat illnesses or solve some unexpected incidents. Don't borrow money online.
- Relationships: There will be a few unreliable suitors around, they should choose their love partners carefully. Married Horse people should be loyal to their lovers.
- Education: It will be very difficult for them to complete the learning tasks and pass some important exams. They should put in more efforts.
- Health: If they just have a minor illness, they should see a doctor in time to avoid deterioration. Although the work is busy, they still need to have enough time to take rest.
Angela Merkel (Chancellor of Germany): July 17, 1954, Wood Horse
Jackie Chan (Actor): April 7, 1954, Wood Horse
Kobe Bryant (NBA Guard): August 23, 1978, Earth Horse
Kristen Stewart (Actress): April 9, 1990, Metal Horse
Greta Thunberg (Climate Activist): January 3, 2003, Water Horse