Year of the Monkey
Monkey is the ninth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028...
The monkey is a clever, lively, and witty animal. Because of a lot of similarities to humans, the monkey is admired by people in many cultures and Chinese culture is no exception. In traditional Chinese culture, monkey has been considered a mascot to pray for the luck of official career as it pronounces the same with the Chinese character for “marquis (hou)” in ancient times. In some west areas of China, monkey is also believed to be able to protect little babies from evil spirits.
The most famous monkey in China is the Monkey King (Sun Wukong) born from a stone who is intelligent, brave, rebellious, and talented. Some similar personalities may present in people born in the Year of the Monkey, who tend to be lively, quick witted, righteous, brave, and humorous.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Shen
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Jin (Metal)
Yin Yang: Yang
It is also available to glance over the following chart to learn about your zodiac sign and element.
Lucky Things for Monkeys:Lucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8 Lucky Colors: white, gold, blue Lucky Flowers: chrysanthemum, alliums Lucky Directions: north, northwest, west
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 2, 5, 9 Unlucky Colors: red, black, grey, dark coffee Unlucky Direction:east
However, boasting may hinder them to make great success and they need more patience. Too many opportunistic behaviors may also affect others’ impressions on them.
- Strengths: Active, quick-witted, smart, humorous, sociable, capable, brave, just
- Weaknesses: Braggart, tricky, opportunistic, impatient, vainglorious
- Monkey Men: Humor is the biggest characteristic of men born in the Year of the Monkey, and they always bring a lot of fun to people surrounding them. Although looking like an immature person, they are good tempered and generous enough. Compared to other picky zodiac signs, they can be very tolerant of other’s shortcomings. The quick wit also makes them have a lot of ingenious ideas and they are also good at putting them into practice.
- Monkey Women: The Monkey women are ambitious, optimistic, competitive, and very confident. They are sociable and communicative, winning a lot of friends. Their competence in career is also brilliant and help them make great progress at work. However, sometimes they may be over confident and too aggressive, which may irritate others.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Monkey' Are You?
People with Chinese zodiac Monkey sign present different characteristics because they were born in different years and have various elements. According to the traditional Chinese culture, the Five Elements can affect a lot in personality traits. See the following chart to learn about your type.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Monkey||1944, 2004||Steady, responsible, hardworking, holding a strong sense of teamwork.|
|Fire Monkey||1956, 2016||Intelligent, mature-minded, thoughtful, with strong adaptability.|
|Earth Monkey||1908, 1968||Earnest, considerate, principled, far-sighted and planned.|
|Metal Monkey||1920, 1980||Clever, sensible, talented, confident, but a little swanky.|
|Water Monkey||1932, 1992||Time-conscious, high-efficient, but sometimes lack of confidence.|
- Monkey’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: They are quick-witted and responsive. They are curious about everything and have a constant thirst for new knowledge. The easygoing trait helps them get a lot of friends, however, which also makes them hard to stand up for their principles.
• Blood Type A: The Monkeys with blood type A are faithful and value personal feelings. They are just, honest and selfless, being scrupulous in separating public from private interests. Though sometimes slower than others, they are indeed reliable.
• Blood Type B: They tend to be outgoing, straightforward, cheerful, and creative. They dare to express their opinions but never stubbornly stick to their guns. With a warm heart, they like to offer help to those in need.
• Blood Type AB: Behaving in a decent manner, people with blood type AB and born in the Year of the Monkey are gentle and elegant. The rational personality may leave others an impression of indifference, but they are sensitive in the inner heart and have a strong self-esteem.
- Best Matches: Ox, Rabbit
The active Monkeys have a pretty high love compatibility with the steady Ox, as their characteristics are complementary and fit into each other, which can lead a harmonious relationship. On the contrary, the lively Rabbits have more common hobbies and personalities with the Monkey people. They two know well of each other and enjoy more fun when being together.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Pig
As people born in the Year of the Monkey is of the metal element, when meeting the Tigers of the wood element, they just clash in elements. What’s more, they both want to take control of the relationship, which conducts more conflicts and makes it hard for them to maintain a long-term relationship. As for the Pigs, it may be hard for them to understand the Monkey people and they may be tired of each other in the end.
- How to Build Relationships with the Monkey
As the Monkeys are smart and quick-witted, they are easily attracted by humorous and intelligent people. So try to develop more hobbies and broad interests so that you can have more common languages with the Monkeys. What’s more, people born in the Year of the Monkey appreciate mature and independent partners, who can manage the life skillfully. However, once you are in a love relationship with the Monkeys, they will not disappoint you. They have a talent for speaking love languages and good at creating a romantic atmosphere. However, they sometimes may fall deep in love and ignore other things like work and money.
- Best Jobs: Linguists, diplomats, journalists, entertainers, businessmen, professional athletes, stockbrokers, detectives, lawyers, programmers…
- Career: They would be promoted to a more important position. But they may experience a difficult initial period. Fortunately, they could get over it using their cleverness.
- Wealth: It’s impossible for them to be rich this year. But they could live a better life than many others on their stable wage. Do not waste money in case of rainy days.
- Relationships: The possibility for the singles to meet their life-long partner is low this year. The married may have more conflicts with their lover; solve them in time so as to maintain a happy marriage. The good thing is that they may make some new friends from different backgrounds.
- Education: Their luck in study is average. To get high scores, more efforts would be needed. Try the best to focus in the class and find some ways to improve the efficiency. Do not be shy to ask help from teachers and classmates.
- Health: It is predicted that they may experience a few discomforts. To avoid the possibilities, they are advised to keep a healthy diet and develop good living habits. Also, stay away from dangerous places.
Tom Hanks (Actor): July 9, 1956, Fire Monkey
Will Smith (Actor): September 25, 1968, Earth Monkey
Kim Kardashian (TV Personality & Model): October 21, 1980, Metal Monkey
Selena Gomez (Singer and Actress): July 22, 1992, Water Monkey
Zayn Malik (Singer-songwriter): January 12, 1993, Water Monkey
You cannot force what you really want on anyone because of how everyone else
I wish you lots of love and happiness
Fellow monkey here
I am a water monkey born in Jan 1992 and I am very addicted to horoscopes.
I have read several predictions (Western) and most say that this is my year. They agree with you that I will find love this year but they also say it's a prosperous and luck year for me. They said I can even invest. According to them my transit begins from Feb 2021 to June 2021.
Help understand on this because I really do want to open my own business