Year of the Rooster
Rooster ranks tenth among twelve Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029...
Back in ancient times when there was no alarm clock, rooster played an important role of waking people up. Thus the first symbolic meaning of Chinese zodiac Rooster sign is punctuality. Besides, it was believed by ancient people that its crow and blood could dispel evil spirits, and that’s why rooster is also the embodiment of good luck.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: You 酉
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Metal (Jin)
Yin Yang: Yin
Lucky Things for Roosters:Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 8 Lucky Colors: gold, brown, brownish yellow, yellow Lucky Flowers: gladiola, impatiens, cockscomb Lucky Directions: west, southwest, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 3, 9 Unlucky Colors: white, green Unlucky Direction: east, north
By virtue of their outing personality, people with Chinese zodiac Rooster sign are good at making friends or adjusting themselves into a new environment. Whenever there is a tricky problem, they will not give up easily but try every means to solve it. Since they cannot stand lagging behind others, self-improving is an important part of their life.
However, as the name implies, Rooster people tend to be cocky or even arrogant sometimes. Their craving for attention may make others feel uncomfortable. The lack of patience could be another problem.
- Strengths: Outgoing, humorous, independent, smart
- Weaknesses: Impatient, boastful, egoistic
- Rooster Men: Men born in the year of the Rooster are destined to be high fliers. They are seldom satisfied with the status quo, and always strive for better performance. In addition, many of them are gifted with business acumen and could earn a fortune during their middle age.
- Rooster Women: Rooster women usually show an acute sense of judgement, which enables them to survive every puzzling situation. When getting along with others, they are considerate, generous, and willing to give a helping hand.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rooster' Are You?
According to the Chinese culture, the assessment of one’s personality will be more accurate after the Five Element is taken into consideration. See for yourself which type of Rooster you are.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rooster||1945, 2005||Energetic, humurous, paying great attention to family|
|Fire Rooster||1957, 2017||Punctual, trustworthy, good at managing wealth|
|Earth Rooster||1969, 2029||Active, perceptive, love traveling and making friends|
|Metal Rooster||1921, 1981||Focused, rational, brave to overcome difficulties|
|Water Rooster||1933, 1993||Smart, sensitive, having a sense of aesthetic|
- Rooster’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: They are sensitive to the external environment, thus good at grasping opportunities to achieve success. However, they tend to impose high standards on others, and may hurt people who really love them.
• Blood Type A: They are very responsible when performing duties at the workplace. Likewise, they treat their friends with ultimate sincerity. But they could be too conservative to try new things in life.
• Blood Type B: For fear that their dignity could be hurt, people of this type are introversive and aloof. But once they show uncanny ability in a certain area, they will attract people who appreciate them a lot.
• Blood Type AB: Considering their candid and outgoing personality, it is easy for them to build an extensive interpersonal network. However, they should be wary of being led astray by bad friends.
- Best Matches: Ox, Snake
People born in the year of the Rooster will have a harmonious relationship with Ox or Snake people, because their personalities are highly complementary. Whenever there is a fight, Rooster is not the one who makes compromise first. In contrast, Ox or Snake plays a more positive role in resolving conflicts. More importantly, either side of this relationship feels grateful to the other’s devotion, so their love doesn’t fade away over time.
- Bad Matches: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Rooster, Dog
People of these matches are appealed by each other’s advantages at first. However, as more and more differences emerge, both sides start to complain and quarrel without showing any intention to reconcile. Much worse, since they both prefer being loved instead of loving others, their relationship may quickly fall apart when a passionate third person appears.
- How to Get along with Roosters
Conflict is inevitable in a relationship. However, one can never count on Roosters to apologize first, even though it is their fault. Instead of pointing out their mistakes, their partners should better put forward feasible solutions directly, so as to keep the fight from escalating. Another tip for getting along with Roosters is to give them sufficient sense of security. When they are having a hard time, partner’s company and encouragement are of great help. Besides, Roosters despise those who often break promises or only pay lip service.
- Best Jobs: Politicians, diplomats, public speakers, tour guides, actors/actresses, comedians, fashion designers…
- Career: They obstacles and difficulties would influence them to do a good job. Keep clear-minded. If they could not get over them as expected, seek for help from reliable people.
- Wealth: Their income from work may not be very satisfying. Try to decrease the cost on unnecessary items and find out other legal ways to make more money.
- Relationships: It is not a lucky year for people born in the year of the Rooster in term of love. Be negative, the singles may miss their Mr. or Mrs. Right. For those having a lover, they’d better make more efforts to tie their relationship close.
- Education: For students, it is a fruitful year. They would be able to lay emphasis on study and focus in class. In addition, they would like to ask when having questions. In one word, they would well acquire the new knowledge and get high scores in examinations.
- Health: In 2023, their health luck is just so-so. If feel uncomfortable, go to see the doctor on time. In daily life, keep a happy mood, eat better and do regular exercise.
Kelly McGillis: July 9, 1957, Fire Rooster
Jennifer Aniston: February 11, 1969, Earth Rooster
Britney Spears: December 2, 1981, Metal Rooster
Justin Timberlake: January 31, 1981, Metal Rooster
Taylor Momsen: July 26, 1993, Water Rooster