Year of the Rabbit
Rabbit ranks fourth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Rabbit include 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023...
For Chinese people, the rabbit is a tame creature representing hope and life for a long time. It is tender and lovely. The moon goddess Chang'e in the Chinese legend has a rabbit as her pet, which stimulates the thought that only this creature is amiable enough to match her noble beauty. Another way of saying is that the Rabbit is the incarnation of the moon goddess per se and it is always a symbol of pureness and auspiciousness.
People born in the Year of the Rabbit are gentle and approachable. They have a decent, noble and elegant manner.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Mao
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yin
See the chart below or search the result through "Find Your Chinese Zodiac".
Lucky Things for Rabbits:Lucky Numbers: 3, 4, 9 Lucky Colors: red, blue, pink, purple Lucky Flowers: snapdragon, plantain lily, nerve plant Lucky Directions: east, southeast, south
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8 Unlucky Colors: dark brown, dark yellow, white Unlucky Direction: northwest
Though looking mild and soft, the Rabbits in fact are alert to strangers and outsiders. They don’t trust others easily, unlikely to be fooled by others. However, they do have courteous manners in social settings.
- Strengths: Optimistic, gracious, generous, kind-hearted, witty and alert
- Weaknesses: A little vain, emotionally unstable, easily satisfied with the status-quo
- Rabbit Men: Rabbit men are prone to be gentlemen but they are also good at pretending. They may pretend that they don’t care about something, however, they do care deep inside. The active thinking enables them excellent negotiation skills at work. What’s more, Rabbit men are family-oriented and glad to undertake the household chores.
- Rabbit Women: Rabbit women are highly sensible and approachable. They always leave people with an impression of elegant and gracious, and don’t like any indecent behaviors. They are also talented in business, considerate at work, and can easily find out the crux.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rabbit' Are You?
The Five Elements in Chinese culture influences everything including the Chinese zodiac Rabbit sign. Different characteristics may show up according to the elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. Check the following table for your types and traits!
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rabbit||1915, 1975||Smart, active, cheerful and emotional, but maybe a bit selfish.|
|Fire Rabbit||1946, 2006||Broad-minded with special foresight, responsible.|
|Earth Rabbit||1958, 2018||Straightforward, communicative and resourceful; like to be the center of attention.|
|Metal Rabbit||1910, 1970||Kind-hearted, sincere, helpful, and imaginative.|
|Water Rabbit||1922, 1982||Easy-going and agreeable; adaptable but with a lower self-control ability.|
- Rabbit’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: The Rabbits of blood type O are energetic, practical, determined and love challenges. They will not give up easily even facing criticism, blames and trapped in dilemma.
• Blood Type A: Rabbits with blood type A are hardworking, patient and respect the rules. With a strong sense of belonging, they also performed well in team work but sometimes are easily influenced by others.
• Blood Type B: They are confident, responsible, and assertive. Just do what they want to do and do not care about others’ judge. Though with weaker adaptability, they have a strong ability to handle pressure at work.
• Blood Type AB: Their personality prone to be positive but don’t like to follow the rules. Before doing something, they will prepare a lot, however, which doesn't mean that they will adopt others’ ideas. Instead, they prefer to handle it in their own way.
- Best Matches: Sheep, Monkey, Dog, Pig
Both the Rabbit and the Sheep are family-oriented and they can surely make a harmonious family. Rabbits and Dogs can also trust and understand each other to build a lasting and fresh relationship. The Pig’s honesty and simplicity are just to the smart Rabbit’s liking.
- Bad Matches: Snake, Rooster
Due to the lack of passion and intimacy, it is hard for the Rabbits and the indifferent Snakes to keep a close relationship. The mild and gentle Rabbit cannot tolerant the aggressive Rooster, and they probably have a lot of conflicts and disagreements in marriage life
- How to Get along with Rabbits
Most of the Rabbits yearn for a warm and stable family. If you want to win the Rabbits’ heart, then it is important to accompany them in both good and bad times to be aware of peaks and troughs in their mood. Only after going through the ups and downs together, you two can really get a mutual understanding. However, the Rabbits also want to take care of their partners, so let them know that they matter a lot in your life. Rabbits like simple and cozy life but romantic surprises are indispensable!
- Best Jobs: Breeder, gardener, teacher, priest, police and judge, litterateur, musician, artist, architect...
Although people born in the Year of the Rabbit are energetic enough, they don’t have patience to take part in sports, not being so expert at it as well. Rabbits should pay attention to their health and take more exercise under the help of fitness experts.
- Career: Frustrations may occur in career more frequently in 2021. They are struggle to get a promotion although they work hard.
- Wealth: The income of Rabbits may keep the same amount or decline. Be sure not to squander money at will. There is no need to make too much efforts on the part-time jobs.
- Relationships: The chance for single Rabbits to meet someone who make their hearts beat will be low this year. The family life of most of them is relatively smooth and harmonious.
- Education: They will have greater pressure on study with the increasing difficulties of courses. Be patient when facing some difficult problems. Parents will give them support.
- Health: The metal health is more important than the physical health in the year of 2021. They can resolve negative emotions by having activities with friends or talking with their parents.
Johnny Depp (Actor): June 9, 1963, Water Rabbit
Kate Winslet (Actress): October 5, 1975, Wood Rabbit
Tiger Woods (Golfer): December 30, 1975, Wood Rabbit
Lionel Messi (Football Star): June 24, 1987, Fire Rabbit
Also, will I get a promotion at work? Will my fortune grow in 2021? Or stay the same as 2020?
I am born in Australia which i believe had a leap year, would that affect anything? like make me born on the dragon month instead? I have been scouting online for information regarding it. And i have heard even saying there are cusps for this birthday meaning you can land on either one of them because the sun goes into Aquarius which ins a 5 day cycle. anyways i'd really like to know regardless.
i also like to sing