Year of the Rabbit
2023 is the Year of the Rabbit based on Chinese zodiac. This is a Year of Water Rabbit, starting from Jan. 22, 2023 (Chinese New Year) and lasting to Feb. 9, 2024. Rabbit ranks fourth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Rabbit include 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023...
For Chinese people, the rabbit is a tame creature representing hope and life for a long time. It is tender and lovely. The moon goddess Chang'e in the Chinese legend has a rabbit as her pet, which stimulates the thought that only this creature is amiable enough to match her noble beauty. Another way of saying is that the Rabbit is the incarnation of the moon goddess per se and it is always a symbol of pureness and auspiciousness.
People born in the Year of the Rabbit are gentle and approachable. They have a decent, noble and elegant manner.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Mao
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yin
See the chart below or search the result through "Find Your Chinese Zodiac".
Lucky Things for Rabbits:Lucky Numbers: 3, 4, 9 Lucky Colors: red, blue, pink, purple Lucky Flowers: snapdragon, plantain lily, nerve plant Lucky Directions: east, southeast, south
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8 Unlucky Colors: dark brown, dark yellow, white Unlucky Direction: northwest
Though looking mild and soft, the Rabbits in fact are alert to strangers and outsiders. They don’t trust others easily, unlikely to be fooled by others. However, they do have courteous manners in social settings.
- Strengths: Optimistic, gracious, generous, kind-hearted, witty and alert
- Weaknesses: A little vain, emotionally unstable, easily satisfied with the status-quo
- Rabbit Men: Rabbit men are prone to be gentlemen but they are also good at pretending. They may pretend that they don’t care about something, however, they do care deep inside. The active thinking enables them excellent negotiation skills at work. What’s more, Rabbit men are family-oriented and glad to undertake the household chores.
- Rabbit Women: Rabbit women are highly sensible and approachable. They always leave people with an impression of elegant and gracious, and don’t like any indecent behaviors. They are also talented in business, considerate at work, and can easily find out the crux.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Rabbit' Are You?
The Five Elements in Chinese culture influences everything including the Chinese zodiac Rabbit sign. Different characteristics may show up according to the elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. Check the following table for your types and traits!
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rabbit||1915, 1975||Smart, active, cheerful and emotional, but maybe a bit selfish.|
|Fire Rabbit||1927, 1987||Broad-minded with special foresight, responsible.|
|Earth Rabbit||1939, 1999||Straightforward, communicative and resourceful; like to be the center of attention.|
|Metal Rabbit||1951, 2011||Kind-hearted, sincere, helpful, and imaginative.|
|Water Rabbit||1963, 2023||Easy-going and agreeable; adaptable but with a lower self-control ability.|
- Rabbit’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: The Rabbits of blood type O are energetic, practical, determined and love challenges. They will not give up easily even facing criticism, blames and trapped in dilemma.
• Blood Type A: Rabbits with blood type A are hardworking, patient and respect the rules. With a strong sense of belonging, they also performed well in team work but sometimes are easily influenced by others.
• Blood Type B: They are confident, responsible, and assertive. Just do what they want to do and do not care about others’ judge. Though with weaker adaptability, they have a strong ability to handle pressure at work.
• Blood Type AB: Their personality prone to be positive but don’t like to follow the rules. Before doing something, they will prepare a lot, however, which doesn't mean that they will adopt others’ ideas. Instead, they prefer to handle it in their own way.
- Best Matches: Sheep, Monkey, Dog, Pig
Both the Rabbit and the Sheep are family-oriented and they can surely make a harmonious family. Rabbits and Dogs can also trust and understand each other to build a lasting and fresh relationship. The Pig’s honesty and simplicity are just to the smart Rabbit’s liking.
- Bad Matches: Snake, Rooster
Due to the lack of passion and intimacy, it is hard for the Rabbits and the indifferent Snakes to keep a close relationship. The mild and gentle Rabbit cannot tolerant the aggressive Rooster, and they probably have a lot of conflicts and disagreements in marriage life
- How to Get along with Rabbits
Most of the Rabbits yearn for a warm and stable family. If you want to win the Rabbits’ heart, then it is important to accompany them in both good and bad times to be aware of peaks and troughs in their mood. Only after going through the ups and downs together, you two can really get a mutual understanding. However, the Rabbits also want to take care of their partners, so let them know that they matter a lot in your life. Rabbits like simple and cozy life but romantic surprises are indispensable!
- Best Jobs: Breeder, gardener, teacher, priest, police and judge, litterateur, musician, artist, architect...
Although people born in the Year of the Rabbit are energetic enough, they don’t have patience to take part in sports, not being so expert at it as well. Rabbits should pay attention to their health and take more exercise under the help of fitness experts.
- Career: The prediction says they may believe in some bad guys and bring themselves troubles in workplace, so take care. In spite of this, they would be willing to work hard and use their talents to finish the tasks and achieve their goals.
- Wealth: Although their salary would be steady or even raised a little, it’s not at a high level and they’d better not spend money casually, so they would have savings to pay for some unexpected bills this year.
- Relationships: Feeling tired dealing with difficulties in work, they may not like to talk a lot after work, which may push their lover farther and farther and give opportunity to the third person. Be aware that relationship needs to be maintained.
- Education: It is very possible for them to get good grades in examinations and win praise from teachers. But the premise is that they listen carefully in the class and acquire the knowledge thoroughly.
- Health: It is an inauspicious year in the aspect of health and safety. Try more hard to protect themselves from dangers and viruses and be generous when paying for health.
- Career: The employees would be blessed by more opportunities. Focus on their work and don’t stand up for any side in the workplace, so as to protect themselves from troubles.
- Wealth: The Rabbit people may earn more through their hard work. It’s not advised to make investment this year if knowing nothing about the project. Instead, using it to improve living quality and save the extra for difficult days.
- Relationships: The married should make more efforts to maintain harmonious family atmosphere. As for the singles, it’s predicted they would find their lover and get along well with each other.
- Education: Their luck in education is average. As long as they would like to learn and spend time in it, they could achieve good scores in quizzes and examinations.
- Health: Their health horoscope is the worst among all. Considering it, eat healthily, have enough rest and do exercises regularly in daily life, so as to improve the immunity.
Johnny Depp (Actor): June 9, 1963, Water Rabbit
Kate Winslet (Actress): October 5, 1975, Wood Rabbit
Tiger Woods (Golfer): December 30, 1975, Wood Rabbit
Lionel Messi (Football Star): June 24, 1987, Fire Rabbit
I noticed in your graph that April to May are the best montha for rabbits' career. So far, my April is the worst. What should I do?
Anyway, if it's indeed your fortune, the competition exists even if you change the job. If you really want to change it, find a better one before quitting the current one.