Year of the Rabbit
Rabbit is the fourth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. The Years of the Rabbit include 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023...
For Chinese people, the rabbit is a tame creature representing hope for a long time. It is tender and lovely. The moon goddess Chang'e in Chinese legend had a rabbit as her pet, which stimulated the thought that only this creature was amiable enough to match her noble beauty. People born in the Year of the Rabbit are not aggressive but approachable. They have a decent, noble and elegant manner.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Mao
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yin
Years of the Rabbit
Lucky Signs for People Born in Rabbit Year:
Lucky Colors: red, blue, pink, purple
Lucky Flowers: snapdragon, plantain lily, nerve plant
Lucky Directions: east, southeast, south
- Unlucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8
- Unlucky Colors: dark brown, dark yellow, white
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
Gentle, sensitive, compassionate, amiable, modest, and merciful
Amorous, hesitant, stubborn, timid, conservative
- See more about Destiny by Birth Month
- Best Matches: Sheep, Monkey, Dog, Pig
They are romantic in love and adventurous in life. They know how to make compromises to make their relationship lasting and fresh. Living together, they can become more tolerant and considerate, and life will be sweet and happy.
- Bad Matches: Snake, Rooster
Their relationship cannot be everlasting, for they will suffer from a series of disagreement and conflicts. They both feel suppressed in marriage life.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Blood Type O: They are decisive, brave and warm-hearted. Helping others will make them feel happy.
- Blood Type A: Tender and elegant, they are considerate listeners. They have sharp insight in others’ inner thought, so they can always find a good way to communicate with others.
- Blood Type B: Their humor makes them associate with more friends. Acute instinct makes them grasp every possible chance to make a fortune.
- Blood Type AB: They are emotional and sentimental, enjoying acting alone. They have a special taste and talent in art, which make them looks different.
Rabbit people can be categorized in the following five types according to the traditional Five Elements theory.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rabbit||1915, 1975||Simple and sprightly outside; shrewd and calculating inside.|
|Fire Rabbit||1927, 1987||Broad-minded with special foresight.|
|Earth Rabbit||1939, 1999||Aiming for far-off future, with great desire for wealth and success.|
|Metal Rabbit||1951, 2011||Kind-hearted, having pleasant relationship with people around.|
|Water Rabbit||1963, 2023||Gentle and agreeable; adaptable but easy to be influenced by others.|