Year of the Sheep / Goat / Ram
Sheep / Goat is the eighth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Sheep include 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027, 2039, 2051...
Sheep (goat, or ram) is among the animals that people like most. It is docile, mellow, and timid. The white cute creature often reminds people of beautiful things. In Chinese culture, the sheep is considered auspicious since long time ago and it was often used to offer sacrifices and pray for good fortune. It was also once served as currency in ancient times, and thus the sheep represents rich and lucky.
People born in the Year of the Sheep are gentle, calm, and decent, while sometimes they can be naive and emotional.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Wei
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Also, you can input your birthdays to the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac” tool.
Lucky Things for Dogs:Lucky Numbers: 3, 4, 9 Lucky Colors: green, red, purple Lucky Flowers: carnation, primrose, Alice Flower Lucky Directions: east, southeast, south
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8 Unlucky Colors: gold, brown, black Unlucky Direction: west
However, sometimes they can be very passive and tend to be a pessimist to see bad aspects of things, which means that they need strong support and enough understanding from their friends. Also, they keep alert when strangers step into their domains.
- Strengths: gentle, sympathetic, calm, creative, imaginative, sociable, and considerate
- Weaknesses: negative, hesitating, impractical, and sometimes stubborn
- Sheep Men: Men with Chinese zodiac Sheep sign always look gentle and very considerate when getting along with people, which helps them gain social skills and manage a good relationship in the friend circle. They love arts, full of imagination and innovation, which sometimes however makes them become sentimental and emotional and give up rational thinking in life. Sheep men do value the family, but they don’t like pressure because that will make them anxious.
- Sheep Women: Women born in the Year of the Sheep are always courteous and have good manners. They are patient and sympathetic no matter in work or life. However, when facing challenges, they will show another aspect. They can be very solid and strong, full of courage, and stick to their own paths. The distinct personality helps them win support from higher-ups. Though Sheep women are ambitious in career, sometimes they may be indecisive.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Sheep' Are You?
The Sheep have been classified to five types according to the Five Elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. And that is decided by different birth years of the Sheep. See the chart below to check your type and the characteristics it represents.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Sheep||1955, 2015||Gentle, affable, courteous, easygoing, sympathetic, emotional.|
|Fire Sheep||1907, 1967||Honest, frank, helpful, sentimental.|
|Earth Sheep||1919, 1979||Upright, just, straightforward, outspoken, impatient.|
|Metal Sheep||1931, 1991||Kindhearted, responsible, principled, traditional.|
|Water Sheep||1943, 2003||Mild, low-profile, trusted, but maybe unappreciated.|
- Sheep’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: These Sheep are honest, prudent, and have broad interests and hobbies. They are glad to follow the rules rather than decide for themselves. However, it often makes them compromise and lead a depression in the inner heart.
• Blood Type A: The Sheep with blood type A are full of peaceful spirits, considerate and seldom injure others’ benefits. They are not interested in any adventure. Although safe enough, they may also lose some opportunities.
• Blood Type B: They are mature and never fond of showing off. The low key personality makes them meditative in most times, but they will be active in front of friends. They are also very forthright to express their feelings and emotions.
• Blood Type AB: They are kind-hearted, placid, and hardly quarrel with people. They often have clear plans about their lives and are experts in financial aspects. What’s more, this type of Sheep are typical family-oriented people.
- Best Matches: Rabbit, Horse, Pig
Both of the Sheep and the Rabbit are unselfish so that they can think of each other, even when meeting disagreements, which helps them become a good couple. Most Sheep people have clear plans when doing things and the Horses happen to have the same view. For the Sheep and the Pig, they have common interests in food and it is easy for them to lead a harmonious life.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Dog
People born in the Year of the Sheep have less common language with the three zodiac signs and therefore they may not form a good bond with each other. As the Ox is always busy at work, the Sheep’s feelings may be ignored while the Tiger cannot give support to the Sheep at the appropriate time. It is also a little difficult for the Sheep to communicate effectively with the Dog.
- How to Build Relationships with the Sheep
People born in the Sheep years don’t like loneliness and they need accompanies from their partners. They will feel very left out when the partners are not by their side. So don’t make your Sheep partner feel lonely and neglected. Another thing that should be paid attention to is that the Sheep care more about the present than the past. They don’t like looking at the past and quibbling over small details in a relationship. So when getting along with the Sheep, don’t rake up the past if you have disagreements, or they will feel very frustrated and lose faith in the relationship.
- Best Jobs: Painters, musicians, beauticians, doctors, teachers, editors, writers…
- Career: Many Sheep people will find it difficult to follow and finish the working plans. However, they are not advised to be influenced by other people or get lost. Don’t be timid when in need for others’ help because they’re willing to provide some help.
- Wealth: They would have a large chance to miss the chance to earn more money because they have difficulties in changing good ideas into real projects. In 2021, they’d better live a frugal life and don’t purchase high-end products carelessly.
- Relationships: People born in the Sheep year may feel worried about their love relationships due to the long distance with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Take it easy, their partners can be very considerate and always stand by them.
- Education: This year, Sheep children will be curious about everything around them and show great interests in knowledge. Thus, they will concentrate on class without their mind wandering. For high school sheep students, they are likely to receive the offer from their desired universities this year.
- Health: Students and workers may devote themselves to achieve success at the cost of health, which should be avoided. Remember that regular exercises and enough sleep are always of vital importance.
Bill Gates (Microsoft Founder): October 28, 1955, Wood Sheep
Jason Statham (Actor): July 26, 1967, Fire Sheep
Julia Roberts (Actress): October 28, 1967, Fire Sheep
Ed Sheeran (Singer-Songwriter): February 17, 1991, Metal Sheep
Thanks for your answer.
I was born 20 February 1958 (Piscean Dog) with I believe some traits of a Wood Snake. I understand that a sheep and dog is not a good match, however, something tells me that he is a good person? I just feel confused because another part of me holds back as he is too quiet and timid for me? I would be grateful for your honest advice, even if not favourable. Thank you very much. Jennifer
if you added a question mark, he aint it :) - buddha
I am a sheep wife and my husband is an ox. We have been together for 29 years.
22 June 1991
I was very unlucky.
May I know how is my overall luck this year?
My health, love, career, luck.