Year of the Ox
Ox is the second in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. Years of the Ox include 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033...
Oxen used to be capable farming tools in agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence and honesty. People born in the Year of Ox are probably tardy in action, but industrious and cautious. Most of them are conservative and hold their faith firmly.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chou
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Years of Chinese Zodiac Ox
Lucky Signs for People Born in Ox Year:Lucky Numbers: 1, 9
Lucky Colors: red, blue, purple
Lucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossom
Lucky Directions: southeast, south and north
- Unlucky Numbers: 3, 4
- Unlucky Colors: white, green
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
- Best Matches: Rat, Snake, Rooster
They are quite compatible, deeply attracted by each other. They are both responsible, willing to share the family duty. Besides, loyalty and faith are the key factors to their happy marriage.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Sheep
They will stick on their own opinions and ideas, and they both can hardly give in. They don’t get used to forgiveness, and squabbles lead to their relationship reaction.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Best Jobs: Lawyer, doctor, teacher, technician, politician, office clerk, consultant...
- Best Working Partners: Rat, Rooster, Snake
- Best Age to Start a Business: 30 - 40
- Best Career Field: Building Material Field
- See more about Best Business and Career Fields for Ox
- Blood Type O: They are bright and frank, which makes them to be reliable partners. Uprightness and kindness make them popular.
- Blood Type A: They are cautious and careful in work, and they can be good advisors.
- Blood Type B: They are highly-esteemed, and they are always the one that come up with novelty ideas in a group.
- Blood Type AB: They are strong-minded, and will not easily be defeated by any difficulties.
Chinese zodiac is closely related to the Five Elements. Ox people born in different years have different elements, thus corresponding personality and destiny.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Ox||1925, 1985||Brave, selfless, upright and outspoken.|
|Fire Ox||1937, 1997||Clever but lacking one’s own judgement, short-sighted, narrow-minded.|
|Earth Ox||1949, 2009||Smart, confident and resolute; hard to have high opinion of others.|
|Metal Ox||1961, 2021||Busy and active, with good interpersonal relations.|
|Water Ox||1913, 1973||Hardworking and diligent, holding a strong feeling for justice.|
Celebrities Born in the Year of the Ox
But I have been thinking there is no action with a reaction and each reaction started from an action. I must get honest with myself and look at these moments when I think, "FINALLY, THIS IS IT FOR ME!!!! I"ve worked so hard and have done everything correctly. I was living on an 11million dollar estate on an island in maine with my own business and taugh yoga and …… I'm on food stamps and have been exhausted trying to get disability, but I also got honest and for the first time realized, sometimes bad things happen to good people and I started a gratitude journal.
It's helped plant a seed of honesty and light in my otherwise dark world and hope you can take the time to give yourself the gift of honesty. Because in that honesty is the freedom to let go of it and make better because you know better. Just like Maya Angelou use to say!