Year of the Ox
Ox is the second in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. Years of the Ox include 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033...
Oxen used to be capable farming tools in agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence and honesty. People born in the Year of Ox are probably tardy in action, but industrious and cautious. Most of them are conservative and hold their faith firmly.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chou
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Years of Chinese Zodiac Ox
Lucky Signs for People Born in Ox Year:Lucky Numbers: 1, 9
Lucky Colors: red, blue, purple
Lucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossom
Lucky Directions: southeast, south and north
- Unlucky Numbers: 3, 4
- Unlucky Colors: white, green
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
- Best Matches: Rat, Snake, Rooster
They are quite compatible, deeply attracted by each other. They are both responsible, willing to share the family duty. Besides, loyalty and faith are the key factors to their happy marriage.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Sheep
They will stick on their own opinions and ideas, and they both can hardly give in. They don’t get used to forgiveness, and squabbles lead to their relationship reaction.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Best Jobs: Lawyer, doctor, teacher, technician, politician, office clerk, consultant...
- Best Working Partners: Rat, Rooster, Snake
- Best Age to Start a Business: 30 - 40
- Best Career Field: Building Material Field
- See more about Best Business and Career Fields for Ox
- Blood Type O: They are bright and frank, which makes them to be reliable partners. Uprightness and kindness make them popular.
- Blood Type A: They are cautious and careful in work, and they can be good advisors.
- Blood Type B: They are highly-esteemed, and they are always the one that come up with novelty ideas in a group.
- Blood Type AB: They are strong-minded, and will not easily be defeated by any difficulties.
Chinese zodiac is closely related to the Five Elements. Ox people born in different years have different elements, thus corresponding personality and destiny.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Ox||1925, 1985||Brave, selfless, upright and outspoken.|
|Fire Ox||1937, 1997||Clever but lacking one’s own judgement, short-sighted, narrow-minded.|
|Earth Ox||1949, 2009||Smart, confident and resolute; hard to have high opinion of others.|
|Metal Ox||1961, 2021||Busy and active, with good interpersonal relations.|
|Water Ox||1913, 1973||Hardworking and diligent, holding a strong feeling for justice.|
Ox Zodiac Eminent Personalities
I read my info for the Chinese zodiac and compared it to the same information on the standard 1/2 month, 12 sign zodiac.
I discovered my lucky color was green ... however, it is also my unlucky color and my real lucky color was red.
I discovered I am a water sign and I should avoid fire signs and while one superstition says the direction south is associated with fire, the other says it is one of my best directions.
I should by all means avoid the numbers 3 & 4 as they are unlucky, meanwhile I am also told that 3 & 7 are my lucky numbers. I am also told 9 is an unlucky number for me, while also discovering 1 & 9 are my lucky numbers.
I am told that my animal from one zodiac is incompatible with the animal from the other zodiac... unless of course, I choose to view it from the other direction. In such case, we are a perfect match!
Does anyone really believe any of this actually has some bearing on reality?