Year of the Pig
Pig is the twelfth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Pig include 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031, 2043...
As the last sign of the Chinese zodiac, Pig represents wealth and luck from the ancient times. It is docile, has no plan to harm others, and can bring affluence to people. And its chubby faces and large ears also win the affection of people. However, pig sometimes is not thought to be a smart animal in China as it likes sleeping and eating and becomes fat, and thus it also features laziness and clumsiness.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Hai
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yin
As the Chinese zodiac is always calculated by the Chinese lunar calendar which differs a little from the Gregorian calendar, your accurate birthday of the lunar calendar is necessary for confirming the zodiac sign. Want to get an answer quickly? Just use “Find your Chinese Zodiac” directly!
Lucky Things for Pigs:Lucky Numbers: 2, 5, 8 Lucky Colors: yellow, grey, brown, gold Lucky Flowers: hydrangea, pitcher plant, marguerite Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 3, 9 Unlucky Colors: red, blue, green Unlucky Direction: east, west
Pigs may be a little realistic and emotional, and it is hard for them to detect lies and thus easily be fooled by bad people.
Diligent, sincere, positive, responsible, compassionate, generous
easily influenced, realistic, emotional, self-indulgent
- Pig Men: Pig men are gentle, mild and seldom fly into a rage. Another defining characteristic for men born in the Pig year is concentration. Once setting up a goal, they will devote all their minds to achieve it. And no matter facing what difficulties, they are always careful and handle troubles properly.
- Pig Women: They are always enthusiastic about life and they are willing to participate in social activities. The genuine and compassionate personality helps to attract friends and win trust from others. They love neatness and hate things to be dirty and messy. Moreover, women born in the Year of the Pig think highly of the family and love children very much.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Pig' Are You?
There are 5 basic elements in Chinese culture and each element represents various characteristics. Check the following chart to find your type and traits!
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Pig||1935, 1995||Simple, honest, easygoing, diligent but sometimes impetuous.|
|Fire Pig||1947, 2007||Brave, act quickly, clever, owning great ambitions but less talkative.|
|Earth Pig||1959, 2019||Good at socializing and maintaining interpersonal relation, a little bit suspicious.|
|Metal Pig||1911, 1971||Gentle, broad-minded, frank, helpful, responsible.|
|Water Pig||1923, 1983||Talented, ambitious, independent, serious, good luck in wealth.|
- Pig’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Pig people with Blood Type O love challenges and are full of energy. The brilliant organizing ability offer them chances to become savvy leaders. However, being cheated will inevitably happen due to the frank characteristic.
• Blood Type A: With a strong sense of responsibility, they are popular among friends and colleagues. The honest and kind personality enables them to get help timely from others when meeting troubles.
• Blood Type B: They are straightforward, sincere, and don’t like to stick to trifles. The hankering for success makes them aggressive at work. But they are broad-minded and never be self-satisfied.
• Blood Type AB: Always being conscientious and meticulous at work, they are easy to get promotions. Also, they have their own ideas and are not easily affected by others.
- Best Matches: Tiger, Rabbit, Sheep
Pigs have tacit understandings with Tigers, and they treat each other as the most important person in life. When being together with Rabbits, Pigs are able to lead a romantic life. Pigs and Sheep are family-oriented people with mild personality, which results in rare clashes between them.
- Bad Matches: Snake, Monkey
It may be hard for Pigs to have emotional intimacy with Snakes or Monkeys. Pigs cannot stand being treated coldly by Snakes while Monkeys are too willful for them.
- How to Get along with Pigs
People with Chinese zodiac Pig sign always prefer slow-paced love rather than an intense infatuation with somebody. The crush cannot really touch their hearts. They consider the genuine love is formed through time and hardship. When getting along with Pigs, don’t be pushed and try to make them feel secure in the relationship. What’s more, a gentle and considerate attitude, as well as romantic behaviors are helpful to win their hearts.
- Best Jobs: Teachers, civil servants, policemen, doctors, professors, artists, veterinarians, foresters, breeders…
- Career: Their office life may not be peaceful this year as some bad guys may make troubles for them, which may make them unpopular among leaders. Do something to prove themselves.
- Wealth: Do not expect a high salary or a big amount of income from other channels. To avoid going into debt, they’d better live within their means. Besides, be cautious of frauds.
- Relationships: It is likely the singles would not get rid of the lonely life while those seeing someone may misunderstand or be misunderstood, which at worst could lead to breakup. Those married may also have conflicts with their wife or husband, but the two would soon be on good terms as before.
- Education: In 2023, they may meet some experienced teachers who would help them a lot in study. Even though, it requires their own effort to make a progress.
- Health: Considering their poor health fortune, they should do something to improve immunity and keep a good mood. Also, watch out for the possible danger, when doing exercise, driving…
- Career: ThThey are blessed with good luck in this aspect, and to do well in their job smoothly. Thereby, they’re likely to win a promotion or an increase of their wages. Self-employees are also lucky to make great progress on the brand development.
- Wealth: Their wealth horoscope is good enough, blessing them to make great profits via hard working, expand the business, or set up their own business. However, it’s still necessary to set aside a part of funds in their contingency plans.
- Relationships: It’s a lucky year for the singles with Chinese zodiac Pig to find their Mr. or Ms. Right, as long as they could be wholehearted. The married may be not so lucky for they might face the challenge of conflicts with their partner and even marriage crisis.
- Education: Students are likely to encounter somebody or something to arouse their interest in learning, thus they would be quite passionate to study. For those who have a solid foundation of knowledge and skills, it’s a good year to pursue further education if they want.
- Health: Pig people are likely to suffer from a few slight physical disorders in 2024, especially of their waist and kidneys. A healthy habit including balanced diet is vital to maintain a good physical state. The elderly should be careful when going out on rugged roads or in a horrible weather.
Woody Allen: December 1, 1935, Wood Pig
Arnold Schwarzenegger: July 30, 1947, Fire Pig
Hillary Clinton: October 26, 1947, Fire Pig
Mariah Carey: March 27, 1971, Metal Pig
Kendall Jenner: November 3, 1995, Wood Pig
He was born on 5/26/1995
We are both wood pigs
Since Rabbit is compatible with PIg this year should be a good year but to my surprise
it is totally bad year fpr me.do yu think next year Dragon will be any good for me?
Her DOB : 14/12/1997
We will get married or not
What was the future of us?
And he is born on 5/26/1995
We are both a wood pig