Year of the Pig
Pig is the twelfth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs. The Years of the Pig include 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031, 2043...
As the last sign of the Chinese zodiac, Pig represents wealth and luck from the ancient times. It is docile, has no plan to harm others, and can bring affluence to people. And its chubby faces and large ears also win the affection of people. However, pig sometimes is not thought to be a smart animal in China as it likes sleeping and eating and becomes fat, and thus it also features laziness and clumsiness.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Hai
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yin
As the Chinese zodiac is always calculated by the Chinese lunar calendar which differs a little from the Gregorian calendar, your accurate birthday of the lunar calendar is necessary for confirming the zodiac sign. Want to get an answer quickly? Just use “Find your Chinese Zodiac” directly!
Lucky Things for Pigs:Lucky Numbers: 2, 5, 8 Lucky Colors: yellow, grey, brown, gold Lucky Flowers: hydrangea, pitcher plant, marguerite Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 3, 9 Unlucky Colors: red, blue, green Unlucky Direction: east, west
Pigs may be a little realistic and emotional, and it is hard for them to detect lies and thus easily be fooled by bad people.
Diligent, sincere, positive, responsible, compassionate, generous
easily influenced, realistic, emotional, self-indulgent
- Pig Men: Pig men are gentle, mild and seldom fly into a rage. Another defining characteristic for men born in the Pig year is concentration. Once setting up a goal, they will devote all their minds to achieve it. And no matter facing what difficulties, they are always careful and handle troubles properly.
- Pig Women: They are always enthusiastic about life and they are willing to participate in social activities. The genuine and compassionate personality helps to attract friends and win trust from others. They love neatness and hate things to be dirty and messy. Moreover, women born in the Year of the Pig think highly of the family and love children very much.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Pig' Are You?
There are 5 basic elements in Chinese culture and each element represents various characteristics. Check the following chart to find your type and traits!
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Pig||1935, 1995||Simple, honest, easygoing, diligent but sometimes impetuous.|
|Fire Pig||1947, 2007||Brave, act quickly, clever, owning great ambitions but less talkative.|
|Earth Pig||1959, 2019||Good at socializing and maintaining interpersonal relation, a little bit suspicious.|
|Metal Pig||1911, 1971||Gentle, broad-minded, frank, helpful, responsible.|
|Water Pig||1923, 1983||Talented, ambitious, independent, serious, good luck in wealth.|
- Pig’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Pig people with Blood Type O love challenges and are full of energy. The brilliant organizing ability offer them chances to become savvy leaders. However, being cheated will inevitably happen due to the frank characteristic.
• Blood Type A: With a strong sense of responsibility, they are popular among friends and colleagues. The honest and kind personality enables them to get help timely from others when meeting troubles.
• Blood Type B: They are straightforward, sincere, and don’t like to stick to trifles. The hankering for success makes them aggressive at work. But they are broad-minded and never be self-satisfied.
• Blood Type AB: Always being conscientious and meticulous at work, they are easy to get promotions. Also, they have their own ideas and are not easily affected by others.
- Best Matches: Tiger, Rabbit, Sheep
Pigs have tacit understandings with Tigers, and they treat each other as the most important person in life. When being together with Rabbits, Pigs are able to lead a romantic life. Pigs and Sheep are family-oriented people with mild personality, which results in rare clashes between them.
- Bad Matches: Snake, Monkey
It may be hard for Pigs to have emotional intimacy with Snakes or Monkeys. Pigs cannot stand being treated coldly by Snakes while Monkeys are too willful for them.
- How to Get along with Pigs
People with Chinese zodiac Pig sign always prefer slow-paced love rather than an intense infatuation with somebody. The crush cannot really touch their hearts. They consider the genuine love is formed through time and hardship. When getting along with Pigs, don’t be pushed and try to make them feel secure in the relationship. What’s more, a gentle and considerate attitude, as well as romantic behaviors are helpful to win their hearts.
- Best Jobs: Lawyers, judges, teachers, doctors, civil servants, programmers, advertising planners, bloggers…
- Career: Many aspirational Pig people want to achieve something big at work, only to find themselves confined to the repeated tasks every day. Once they realize that it is difficult to get out of a rut, they may choose to resign and look for another job. As for other people who run their own business, breakeven might be the best result at the end of 2021.
- Wealth: On the whole, Pig people’s wealth fortune varies a lot. A word of caution, those who lack financial knowledge should better think twice before investing, otherwise they are at high risks of losing money. In contrast, there is a different case for Pig people with commercial acumen. They are most likely to earn a lot from stock market in the latter half of the year.
- Relationships: Based on Pig fortune in 2021, single people will receive good news once they set realistic standards about their ideal partners. If they feel at ease when getting along with the other, some will decide to embrace married life very soon.
- Education: In 2021, thanks to their effective learning techniques, Pig students are not likely to have difficulties in absorbing new knowledge or handling various examinations. As long as they don’t feel conceited, their good luck in education will last for a long time.
- Health: Obesity might be an issue for young and middle aged people this year owing to insufficient sleep and over consumption of high fat food. Elderly people can guard against the seizure of disease by exercising on a regular basis.
Woody Allen: December 1, 1935, Wood Pig
Arnold Schwarzenegger: July 30, 1947, Fire Pig
Hillary Clinton: October 26, 1947, Fire Pig
Mariah Carey: March 27, 1971, Metal Pig
Kendall Jenner: November 3, 1995, Wood Pig