Year of the Snake
Snake is the sixth in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac sign. The years of the Snake include 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025, 2037...
Snake carries the meanings of malevolence, cattiness, mystery, as well as acumen and divination. In most cases, this animal is considered evil and the elongated legless body always scares people. However, in ancient Chinese traditions, the snake once presented a venerated image and it is one of the earliest totems of Chinese nations. Chinese mother goddess Nüwa who said to have created humanity has the body of a snake and the head of a human. The Chinese dragon also has a snake body. Today, in some places in China, people still believe that a snake found in their courtyard can bring good luck.
People born in the Year of the Snake are considered rational, calm, thoughtful, and loyal to the loved ones.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Si
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Huo (Fire)
Yin Yang: Yin
As all the Chinese zodiac signs are based on the lunar calendar, you can check the following chart to get the result quickly or just type your birthdates into the “Find Your Chinese Zodiac”.
Lucky Things for Snakes:Lucky Numbers: 2, 8, 9 Lucky Colors: red, light yellow, black Lucky Flowers: orchid, cactus Lucky Directions: northeast, southwest, south
Things Should be Avoided:Unlucky Numbers: 1, 6, 7 Unlucky Colors: white, gold, brown Unlucky Direction: northwest
The Snakes are typical deep thinkers who are perceptive and skeptical about everything. In the love aspect, the Snakes are devoted lovers who will not fall in love with someone else.
- Strengths: Calm, talented, modest, perceptive, intelligent and have a lot of inspirations.
- Weaknesses: Indifferent, skeptical, possessive, and obstinate
- Snake Men: Most of the Snake men have a keen eye in career and are good at capturing all kinds of opportunities to show the talent. Some of them just do business from scratch but they can get some progress in a short time. They are also serious and devoted in a love relationship, and cannot tolerant any betrayal behavior.
- Snake Women: Snake women are graceful and kind-hearted. They love life and have broad interests and hobbies, especially in appreciating classical art works and traveling. They were born with an intelligent mind and well take advantage of the resources to create strong relationships with others.
- Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of 'Snake' Are You?
According to different years of the Snake, the Snakes are classified into 5 types: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. The eternal Five Elements comprise everything in traditional Chinese culture and will also affect the characteristic traits. See more on the chart below.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Snake||1905, 1965||Precise, cool-headed, creative, and having logical thinking.|
|Fire Snake||1917, 1977||Intelligent, insightful, quick-minded, good at socializing, and irritable.|
|Earth Snake||1929, 1989||Quick-witted, helpful and loyal to friends, over caring about others’ opinions.|
|Metal Snake||1941, 2001||With strong willpower, courage, and excellent qualities of leadership, but a bit overconfident.|
|Water Snake||1953, 2013||Active, smart, thorough, with artistic talent and high self-esteem.|
- Sbake’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: Although with a courteous and considerate manner, the Snake people with blood type O have a strong personality. They have a high-esteem and often seek to prevail over others. However, this may cause difficulty in finding true friends.
• Blood Type A: The Snakes with blood type A are upright, brave, and with great patience. At work, they are determined and hardworking, daring to say what others dare not say and putting forward some new ideas, so that they can easily get promoted.
• Blood Type B: They are humorous and eloquent, enjoying great popularity among people. Another typical personality of this kind of Snakes is independence. They are not willing to bring any trouble to others and would like to fight alone.
• Blood Type AB: As a typical rationalist, they are seldom emotional or impulsive. Instead, they are practical and realistic, having a clear plan about the future life. They don’t like to show emotions or interfere others’ lives, but can easily handle the relationship in the workplace.
- Best Matches: Dragon, Rooster
The Snake and the Dragon share the same values. As family-oriented people, they prefer to spend more time to accompany families and give a loving and cozy family life to each other. The Snake and the Rooster are complementary to each other. The Snake is good at thinking while the Rooster is excellent at implementing ideas into practice.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Sheep, Pig
For the Snake, these four zodiac signs are not good matches because they may have mutual restrictions in the fortune, causing the result that it is hard for them to understand each other and there will be more conflicts.
- How to Get along with Snakes
Generally, the Snakes have broad interests and they also love making friends, so people who have common hobbies with them are more likely to attract them. Though looking mysterious, cool and independent, the Snakes enjoy the company of the partner and they wish to build a relationship with people who are enthusiastic about life. What’s more, the Snakes are devoted in a relationship, and thus any betrayal is unforgivable.
- Best Jobs: Artist, politician, teacher, painter, psychologist, public relations office…
The Snakes should be more careful about their diets and if they have any difficulty in that, consult doctors as soon as possible. Also, take exercise regularly and learn to release from the heavy work.
- Career:Although there are obstacles and competitions ahead, there are possibilities for Snakes to get appreciation from bosses. A few of them may be promoted. Even if not, they are likely to find more ways to improve themselves and make efforts for next chance. Businessmen may break through the bottleneck and expand their market, after passing through lots of thorns.
- Wealth: Office workers may get higher salary because of the change of position in workplace. They may also earn extra income after obtaining qualification certificate. In consideration of these, it’s not difficult for them to accumulate a few for emergencies. Businessmen need to obey the laws and follow the policies of the government closely to make some profits.
- Relationships: It’s a challenging year for married Snakes. They’d better keep a distance from opposite sexes to avoid suspicions from their partners, or even worse, inharmonious atmosphere of the family. Single females may meet their Mr. Right and establish a love relationship; but the fortune in this aspect for single males is poor.
- Education: This year, they may be good at understanding new knowledge but the memory may not be poor, resulting in that the new knowledge cannot be remembered well. The only solution is to spend more time memorizing what they have learnt. In other words, it’s a year requiring students with Snake sign of Chinese zodiac to make hard efforts.
- Health: This year, they are advised to be cautious of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases. In addition, do not go to dense forests, where their 2022 horoscope says “inauspicious”. Keep a calm and good mood, which may be the best doctor for them.
Robert Downey Jr (Actor of Iron Man): April 4, 1965, Wood Snake
J. K. Rowling (Author of Harry Potter): July 31, 1965, Wood Snake
Taylor Swift (Singer-Songwriter): December 13, 1989, Earth Snake
Billie Eilish (Singer-Songwriter): December 18, 2001, Metal Snake
And my current relationship.. will we prosper.. can we prosper?
I am working at a real estate company. I've been there for 5 years. I am burn out from work and want to leave for other opportunities. Is there a good year? What opportunities will await me?
Snake - 1989