Beijing - Ulaanbaatar Trains: K23/ K24
Train No.: Beijing → Ulaanbaatar (Ulan Bator): K23 in China, 023 in Mongolia; Ulaanbaatar→ Beijing: K24 in China, 024 in Mongolia
Duration: 26 hours and 58 minutes (K23); 28 hours and 10 minutes (K24)
Passing by: China and Mongolia via Trans-Siberian Railway
Distance: 1,553 kilometers (965 miles)
Operator: China Beijing Railway Bureau, Ulaanbaatar Railway Bureau
Departure Dates from Beijing
|Oct. 17, 2017 - May 29, 2018||Tuesday|
|Jun. 9, 2018 - May 30, 2019||Saturday|
Ulaanbaatar to Beijing Train Schedule: K24
1. "+1" indicates the second day;
2. The above timetable is for reference only. The one at railway stations shall prevail.
3. The above time is Beijing Time, while Mongolia implements Daylight Saving Time from late March to late September, so during this period the Mongolia time should be one hour plus the time in the above table.
Ticket Fare of Beijing - Ulaanbaatar Trains
|Deluxe Soft Sleeper||Soft Sleeper||Hard Sleeper|
Beijing to Ulaanbaatar by China Train
|Individual||CNY 1,883||CNY 1,723||CNY 1,222|
|Group||CNY 1,505||CNY 1,345||CNY 960|
Beijing to Ulaanbaatar by Mongolian Train
|Individual||CNY 1,849||-- -||CNY 1,259|
|Group||CNY 1,471||---||CNY 997|
Beijing to Dzamyn Ude by China Train
|Individual||CNY 1,001||CNY 906||CNY 651|
|Group||CNY 811||CNY 716||CNY 519|
Beijing to Dzamyn Ude by Mongolian Train
|Individual||CNY 981||---||CNY 673|
|Group||CNY 791||---||CNY 541|
1. The above ticket price is for reference only. Please refer to railway stations for final fare.
2. A group should comprise at least six members to buy group tickets.
How to Buy the Ticket
See details of Purchase an International Rail Ticket
2. Apply for a Mongolian visa before boarding.
3. K23 departing on Tuesday is operated by China, and the carriages are newly made in China. All the carriages are equipped with air-conditioners; the deluxe soft sleeper carriages even have their independent toilets and shower facilities. K23 departing on Monday is operated by Mongolia, but the carriages are made in China. All carriages have air-conditioners and two deluxe soft sleeper carriages share one toilet; shower facilities are not available.
4. In addition to K23, K3 also runs to Ulaanbaatar from Beijing, whose final stop is Moscow. K3 is operated by China and departs every Wednesday at the same time with the same duration of K23. There is no big difference between Chinese K23 and K3.
Other International Trains between China and nearby Countries
International railways under construction/planning from China to: