Yuan Dynasty Capital City Wall Site Park
The Yuan Dynasty Capital City Wall Site Park (Yuandadu Relics Park) is built on the site of the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368) capital city, Dadu, hence a great place to learn the history and customs of that dynasty. The park is decorated with grassland, trees and flowers, favored by both local people and tourists to breathe fresh air, appreciate flowers, and to relax.
The belt-like park was built along the relics of the west and north walls of the Dadu city. It runs from today's Mingguang Bridge in the south to Xitucheng in the north, and then turns east to Shaoyaoju, with a total length of 5.6 miles (9 kilometers). As the largest zonal park in Beijing, the Yuan Dynasty Capital City Wall Site Park takes up an area of 210 acres (85 hectares).
The Yuandadu Relics Park shows the prosperity and boom of the Yuan Dynasty by sculpture complexes, murals, and memorial steles in different areas. Here are some interesting attractions.
Dadu Capital Founding Ceremony
Guests and Friends
Trees Enveloped in Mist at the Ancient City of Jizhou
2. If you want to see crabapple flowers, avoid the Qingming Festival (Tomb-sweeping Day) when there will be a sea of people.
Because the park is partially parallel with the north section of subway line 10, you can get off at any of these stops:
Xitucheng, leave from Exit C and enter the park through the West Gate;
Mudanyuan, leave from Exit D, and get into the park through the No. 5 West Gate;
Jiandemen, leave from Exit C, and get into the park through the No. 1 North Gate or the No.3 West Gate;
Beitucheng, leave from Exit C2, and get into the park through the No. 16 South Gate or the No.3 North Gate;
Anzhenmen, leave from Exit C, and get into the park through the No. 11 South Gate;
Huixinxijie Nankou, leave from Exit C, and get into the park through the No.4 South Gate;
Shaoyaoju, leave from Exit A, and get into the park through the No.1 South Gate.
Note: Beitucheng is also a station of subway line 8, and Shaoyaoju is a station of subway line 13, too.
1. Take bus line 16, 22, 47, 92, 304, 31, 425, 508, 510, 579, 609, 618, 620, 635, or 645, get off at the Mudanyuan Station, and get into park through the East Gate.
2. Take bus line Te 2, 21, 82, 113, 380, 407, 409, 607, or 694, get off at the Anzhenxili Station, and get into the park through the No.1 6 South Gate.
3. Take bus line M10, 380, 409, or 515, get off at the Subway Anzhenmen Station, and get into the park through the No.11South Gate or the No.12 South Gate.
4. Take bus line 95, Yuntong 101, Yuntong 201, 361, 464, or 479, get off at the Yinghuayuan Xijie Station, and get into the park through the No.4 South Gate or the No.3 South Gate.
5. Take bus line Te 16, Night 26, Night 28, 62, 95, 119, 361, 179, 419, 596, 674, 684, or 984, get off at the Sino-Japanese Hospital Station, and get into the park through the No.1 East Gate.
|Ticket Price||Free of charge|
|Opening Hours||May to September: 5:00- 22:30 |
October to the next April: 6:00- 22:00
Recommended Nearby Attractions
2. National Olympic Sports Center
3. Madian Park
4. Rose Garden