Top Shanghai Attractions
Home / Tours / China Packages / Shanghai
Shanghai Day Tours - 100% No Shopping Stops
Our professionally designed private Shanghai day tour itineraries cover modern landmark buildings, classic gardens, ancient water towns and many other highlights. They can well satisfy your interests, taste and budget. We are ready to offer the best travel experience to you.
Shanghai Private One Day Tours
- Shanghai Museum - Yu Garden - The Bund - Huangpu River Cruise from $129
- Explore Wuzhen Water Town from Shanghai from $159
- A Day Trip from Shanghai to Suzhou Gardens from $149
- Shanghai to Hangzhou Day Tour from $209
- One Day Shanghai Jewish Tour with Zhujiajiao from $89
- Shanghai Family Tour to Disneyland $49
- 1 Day to Nanxun Water Town from Shanghai $139
- 1 Day Trip to Xitang Ancient Town $139
- Side Trip to Zhouzhuang Water Town $129
- Wuxi Day Trip from Shanghai from $169
- One Day Nanjing Private Tour by High Speed Train from Shanghai from $199
- Yangzhou Day Trip from Shanghai from $199
- Shaoxing Day Tour from Shanghai from $189
- Half Day Shanghai Family Visit with Cooking Class
- Shanghai Evening Food Exploration
Trip Planning FAQs
When is the best time to travel to Shanghai?
Shanghai is a year-round destination. In terms of the weather, the best time to visit Shanghai is spring and autumn. Most travelers choose April, May, June, September and October since the weather is comfortable. But that means the tourist sites will be much busier. There are some festivals to avoid, especially the National Day Holiday from Oct 01 to Oct 07. July and August will be hot with large amount of rainfall. March and November can be good choices if you want to avoid the crowds at the major areas.
Is there any popular things to do in Shanghai for family and kids?
Shanghai has plenty of kid-friendly activities. The most popular one should be the Disney Resort. Besides that, we have some recommended sites like Shanghai Natural History Museum, Shanghai Science and Technology Museum, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium and Shanghai Natural Wild Insect Kingdom. Seeing an acrobatic show can be an exciting experience. Don’t miss taking a cruise on the Huangpu River to enjoy the breathtaking view of the Bund and have a leisure family time.
What cities can I visit near Shanghai?
There are many cities worth a visit near Shanghai, such as Hangzhou, Suzhou, Huangshan, Wuxi and Nanjing. Those cities can be reached by high speed train or bus. You can enjoy the beauty of the West Lake in Hangzhou and experience the tea culture there, visit the traditional Chinese gardens in Suzhou, and go hiking in Huangshan. Just contact us for more explorations.
What is the best place to get a drink in Shanghai?
You may find various featured bars and clubs in Xintiandi and Tianzifang. They are artsy areas housing bars, cafes, crafts shops, design studios, galleries and boutiques. Also Hengshan Road is a famous street for the bars and clubs. It is popular among overseas tourists and expats.
Is there any subway in Shanghai?
Yes, Shanghai subway, also called Shanghai metro, is speedy, safe, comfortable and convenient. Most of the attractions and commercial areas can be reached by several metro lines. But you are expected to find big crowds during rush hours.
7-Day Shanghai Weather Forecast
- Customer Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- 4.815 ReviewsCanadaPosted on March 28, 2021It was a small group in the Shanghai day tour. The guides were possible to look after everyone and help us timely if we needed.
The accommodation and meals were of high standards. We visited many sites including some famous ones like the Bund and Yu Garden. Overall, I liked this trip!IrelandPosted on December 17, 2020The reasonable itinerary didn’t make us very tired during the one day Shanghai tour.
The guides were very friendly and spoke good English. My children liked the Western buffet breakfast in the hotel. We spent a good time. The TravelChinaGuide is reliable and worthy to recommend to everyone who is going to travel to China!CanadaPosted on August 02, 2020The itinerary was rich and tight but the time was well allocated. We got to the scenic spots on time and had enough time to visit them carefully. The guides explained everything in detail. If you prefer leisure travel, the Shanghai day tour can be taken into consideration.