Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
Endowed with another elegant name - 'Pearl Stream' - the Zhujiajiao ancient town is the best-preserved among the four ancient towns in Shanghai. Unique old bridges across bubbling streams, small rivers shaded by willow trees, and houses with courtyards attached all transport people who have been living amidst the bustle and hustle of the modern big city to a brand-new world full of antiquity, leisure and tranquillity.
Bridges in the Town
Fangsheng Bridge (Setting-fish-free Bridge) is the longest, largest and tallest stone bridge, with five openings both in Shanghai region. This bridge was built in 1571. On the bridge stands a stone tablet named Dragon Gate Stone, which is engraved with 8 coiling dragons encircling a shining pearl. On top of the bridge are 4 lifelike stone lions.
North Street - Ancient Street
Located in Xijin Street in the northern part of town, Kezhi Garden features beautiful sightseeing and quiet and secluded surroundings. It consists mainly of three parts, including a hall area, an artificial hill area and a garden area. In the artificial hill area, there is magnificent symbolic architecture - a foursquare five-story building, on the top of which stands a diametric pavilion named 'Moon View Pavilion.' This building is considered the tallest architecture in the town.
The scenic spots outlined here are just a sampling of the pretty attractions of this water town. Old narrow lanes, peculiar stone hawsers on the riverside and old residences also make you enjoy yourself so much as to forget to go home.
How to Get to Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
Take Metro Line 17 and get off at Zhujiajiao Station directly.
Take the following bus routes and get off at Zhujiajiao Bus Station first. Then walk west around 0.6 miles to arrive at the scenic area.
|Bus.no||Operating Hours||Interval||Duration||Ticket Fare|
|Huzhu Express Line||06:00-22:00||30 mins.||60 mins.||CNY 12|
|Huzhu Special Line||05:50-21:00||10 mins.||90 to 120 mins.||CNY 9|
|Shangzhu Line||06:00-21:00||N/A||N/A||CNY 10|
|Hushang Special Line||07:00-16:00||N/A||N/A||CNY 6|
|Zhuxu Line||05:35-00:05||30 mins.||90 mins.||CNY 6|
|Admission Fee:||Visitors are exempted from the entrance fees. However, they are required to buy the tickets for visiting the attractions inside the water town. Below are some combo tickets: |
1. CNY 80 for cruise boat and nine scenic spots (including Y-Art Gallery, Tongtianhe Medicine Shop, Qing Dynasty Post Office, City God Temple, Shanghai Handwork Exhibition Hall, Imperial Academy Stele Museum, Quanhua Art Hall, Yuanjin Meditation Room and Kezhi Garden)
2. CNY 60 for eight scenic spots (including Y-Art Gallery, Tongtianhe Medicine Shop, Qing Dynasty Post Office, City God Temple, Yuanjin Meditation Room, Handwork Exhibition Hall, Quanhua Art Hall and Kezhi Garden)
3. CNY 30 for four scenic spots (including Tongtianhe Medicine Shop, Qing Dynasty Post Office, Yuanjin Meditation Room and Kezhi Garden)
* Children below 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) are free of charge.
|Tour guide service:||1. CNY 120 for an English guide for around three hours |
2. CNY 80 for a Chinese guide for around three hours
Note: The prices are for reference only. The tour guide service is provided by the scenic spot but not by TravelChinaGuide. Visitors can consult at the ticket office.
Recommended Tour Itinerary:
Shanghai Day Trip to Zhujiajiao & the Bund from $99 no shopping, small group
More Shanghai Tours
Recommended Nearby Attractions:
Chen Yun Memorial Hall
Grand View Garden Shanghai