Wuchang Railway Station
Address: In southeast end of Zhongshan Road, Wuchang District
The West Terminal is the main terminal of the station and most passengers depart here. It has three floors above ground, all connected with each other by escalators, elevators, and stairs.
|1F||No.1 Ticket Office, luggage consignment office, left luggage offices, east exit, east entrance, stores…|
|2F||No. 1-2 Waiting Rooms, waiting room for soft seat ticket holders, obstacle-free waiting room, nursery room, stores…|
|No.3-8 Waiting Rooms …|
1. No. 1 Ticket Office has 23 ticket windows in all-day service. No.1 Window is for ticket change and refund; No. 2 for transit tickets; No. 3-22 issue tickets for passengers holding Chinese Second Generation ID cards, passports, or Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Residents; No.23 issues platform tickets and also tickets for disabled passengers. During peak season like Chinese New Year Rush, several temporary ticket windows will be opened here.
2. Left luggage offices are available both next to No.1 Ticket Office and the east exit on first floor. Service fee is charged according to luggage size; but it is generally CNY5 to CNY20 per day.
The West Square is to the west of the west terminal with city bus stops, metro exit/entrance of line 4 on or around. Under this square, there is a No.2 Ticket Office for passengers' convenience. In addition, there is a Hongji Long-Distance Bus Station to northwest of the square, operating buses to Jiujang, Jingdezhen, Dangyang, Enshi, and Jingshan County, etc. To southwest of the square, there is also a long-distance bus station, named Hanghai Long-Distance Bus Station, operating buses to Xianning, Xiangfan, Tianmen, Ezhou, and Yichang, etc.
The East Terminal only has one floor above ground for passenger use, functioned as waiting room for soft seat/sleeper ticket holders, obstacle-free waiting room and nursery room. It is connected with the west terminal with an underground passage.
The East Square is located to the east of the east terminal. There is also a city bus stop on it. But fewer buses are operated there compared with the West Square. Passengers can get to the West Square also by the above mentioned underground passage from here.
Major rail lines from the station to:
High Speed Train Schedule
|To||Trains||Duration||Ticket Fare (CNY)|
|First/ Second Class Seat|
|G1766, D3028, D3016, G1722...|
35 departures from 07:27 to 18:55
|3h51m - 6h20m||CNY 464.5/ 289|
USD 68/ 42
|D2198, G1766, D3028, D3016...|
59 departures from 06:45 to 20:04
|2h30m - 3h56m||CNY 245/ 153.5|
USD 36/ 22
|D5802, D9285, D632, D5943...|
90 departures from 05:33 to 21:07
|1h43m - 2h49m||CNY 112/ 70|
USD 16/ 10
|G1103, G431, C5001, G1001...|
64 departures from 06:53 to 21:19
|0h24m - 1h28m||CNY 46/ 29|
USD 7/ 4
|G6811, G6817, G6813, G6815...|
13 departures from 07:30 to 20:00
|1h57m - 2h56m||CNY 225/ 140|
USD 33/ 20
|D9285, D632, D9301, D5943...|
75 departures from 05:53 to 21:07
|1h13m - 2h7m||CNY 79/ 49|
USD 12/ 7
Normal Speed Train Timetable
(Last Update on Jan 10, 2020)
|To||Trains||Duration||Ticket Fare (CNY)|
|Soft/ Hard Sleeper|
|Z78, Z36, K636, Z98...|
26 departures from 01:21 to 23:42
|10h33m - 18h38m||CNY 427.5/ 279.5|
USD 62/ 41
|K1125, K121, K254, K353...|
6 departures from 18:09 to 22:54
|10h11m - 18h29m||CNY 377.5/ 247.5|
USD 55/ 36
|K316, K1348, K1316, K82...|
11 departures from 00:21 to 23:32
|10h34m - 15h15m||CNY 357/ 214|
USD 52/ 31
|K81, K1295, K755, Z89...|
34 departures from 00:50 to 23:55
|10h36m - 18h26m||CNY 443.5/ 255.5|
USD 65/ 37
|K1347, Z229, K1655, Z331...|
7 departures from 05:30 to 21:05
|12h42m - 18h00m||CNY 467.5/ 279.5|
USD 68/ 41
|K1627, K21, Z335, Z285...|
8 departures from 00:42 to 17:13
|8h22m - 12h16m||CNY 325/ 214|
USD 47/ 31
|Z4045, K531, K1125, K121...|
8 departures from 12:43 to 22:54
|8h5m - 15h19m||CNY 346/ 208|
USD 51/ 30
|Z332, T246, T128, K354...|
10 departures from 01:09 to 23:26
|10h36m - 22h11m||CNY 443.5/ 299.5|
USD 65/ 44
|Z3, Z95, Z256, K804...|
7 departures from 04:34 to 22:36
|7h22m - 18h21m||CNY 346/ 208|
USD 51/ 30
|Z53, K635, Z161 from 00:19 to 23:38||22h53m - 28h43m||CNY 630/ 397|
USD 92/ 58
|Z332, Z256, K532, Z3...|
9 departures from 04:34 to 23:26
|2h8m - 6h23m||CNY 180.5/ 100.5|
USD 26/ 15
|K1159, Z167, K1073, K1803...|
14 departures from 06:16 to 21:05
|0h42m - 1h34m||CNY 134.5/ 63.5|
USD 20/ 9
See detailed Wuhan Train Schedule
West Square: 10, 43, 61, 402, 511, 518, 538, 577 in the north of the square; 556, 561, 777 to the south of the square; 34, 59, 74, 202, 507, 529, 539, 556, 561, 564, 571, 593, 609, 777, 805, 901, 907 in front of the square
East Square: 66, 570, 706
By Metro: Line 4
|From/ To||Duration (min)||Ticket Fare (CNY)|
|Yellow Crane Tower||7||10|
|Yangtze River Bridge||10||11|
|Wuhan Railway Station||25||35|
|Hankou Railway Station||23||32|
|Tianhe International Airport||50||80|
How to get to other places from Wuchang Railway Station?
To Yellow Crane Tower:
1. Take bus 10, 61 or 402 to get there directly.
2. Take metro line 4 to Fuxing Road, and then walk to Zhangzhidong Road Fuxing Road to take bus 539 or 717 to Jiefang Road Houchang Street, and then walk about 550 yards to get there.
To Yangtze River Bridge:
1. Take bus 539 to Jiefang Road Houchang Street, and then walk about 900 yards to get there.
2. Take metro line 4 to Fuxing Road, get out and walk to Zhangzhidong Road Fuxing Road to take bus 43 or 578 to Linjiang Avenue Pinghumen, and then get there by foot.
To Wuhan Railway Station:
Metro line 4 or bus 540 can take passengers there directly.
To Hankou Station:
1. Take metro line 4 to Hongshan Square, then change to metro line 2 to Hankou Station.
2. Bus 10 and 561 runs between the Wuchang Railway Station and Hankou Railway Station.
3. Take a train to get there directly if time suits. There are seven departures per day from 06:32 to 22:04. Duration is about 20 minutes.
To Wuhan Tianhe International Airport:
Take airport shuttle bus at Hongji Long-Distance Bus Station to get there directly. The bus departs from 08:15 to 20:15 every 60 minutes. Duration is about 90 minutes and ticket fare is CNY32.
Wuhan Bus / Metro Search
It is indeed very hard to get a ticket on this K967 to Zhangjiajie from Wuchang due to ticket distribution. Most tickets were offered to trip from Beijing, the beginning station by Railway Company. Occasionally, a few sleeper tickets may offered one or two days before departure. However, it is just a chance. Instead of waiting until 1 days before, you may consider flight service or maybe a transaction in Changsha. Sorry about the inconvenience.