Guangzhou Attractions - Things to Do
Guangzhou, with the nickname of the “City of Five Rams” or the “City of Flowers”, is a migrant city filled with flowers, modern high rises, delicate foods, and stylish boys and girls but yet keeps its traditional lifestyle in some parts. As a glamorous travel destination, Guangzhou owns a large number of tourist attractions, either focusing on natural landscapes or cultural heritages.
History buffs always like to explore the Shamian Island with European flavor, the Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family showing the clan culture and history of Guangzhou, the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in memory of the Father of Chinese modern democracy, and the Museum of the Western Han Dynasty Mausoleum of the Nanyue King, which boasts over 10,000 pieces of funerary objects.
Well, if you are more fond of natural scenery, Guangzhou attractions will not disappoint you either. The White Cloud Mountain consisting of more than 30 peaks ranks as the most beautiful mountain in Guangzhou. The Yuexiu Park, where the landmark Five-Ram Sculpture is set, offers enchanting mountain and lake sceneries. At night, be sure to take a cruise on the Pearl River so that you will fully take in the charm of this dynamic city.
Food is another Guangzhou tourist attraction. Locals lead a slow life pace and have the habit of eating Yum Cha. While enjoying tea, they tend to select an assortment of exquisite desserts as the side dishes. Nowadays, tourists also follow this tradition and enjoy Yum Cha in the time-honored restaurants. The prawn dumplings, steamed creamy custard buns, barbecued pork buns, and steamed chicken feet are the favorites of most tourists.
Top 5 Guangzhou Attractions
- The largest park in Guangzhou, well suitable for a leisurely walk.
- Visitors can see the Five-Ram Sculpture in the park, one of the most famous icons of Guangzhou.
- The main tourist attractions include the Zhenhai Tower, the seven hills, the three artificial lakes, and ancient city wall ruins.
- The Guangzhou Museum is inside the park, and the Guangxiao Temple is nearby, so that tourists can visit them together.
- It is like a small European town presenting the history of Guangzhou during the colonial period.
- It used to be an important international trading port in ancient times and became the concessions of the British and French in the 19th century.
- Over 150 European style buildings can be found on the island and western elements prevail in the statues, wooden chairs, flowerbeds, and fountains on streets.
- There are beautiful cafes, restaurants, churches, and bars, providing good places for taking pictures.
- A dreamlike world suitable for tourists of all ages.
- It is made up of the Chimelong Paradise, Chimelong Safari Park, Chimelong Water Park, Chimelong International Circus, and Chimelong Birds Park.
- The Chimelong Safari Park is the largest wild life park in Asia, inhabited by over 500 species of rare animals, including giant pandas, the national treasure of China.
- In Chimelong Paradise, tourists can enjoy all kinds of thrilling rides and test their courage; besides, there is a section dedicated for kids.
- The White Cloud Mountain, consisting of more than 30 hills, is a famous place for spring outing in Guangzhou.
- You can have a bird’s view of Guangzhou at the top of this mountain.
- The spectacular wonder of mists shrouding the whole mountain will appear after rain or in late spring.
- Tourists can have fun in the entertainment activities offered by the scenic area, like grass skilling, bumper car ride and bungee jumping.
- It’s the largest, best-preserved and most beautiful Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911) clan architecture in Guangzhou.
- The temple keeps the original architectural style and serves as Guangdong Folk Arts Museum, thus providing a good place to learn the traditional culture of Guangzhou.
- The superb wood, brick, pottery, copper, and iron carvings are scatted on the roofs, corridors, and courtyards. The colorful sculptures on the roofs are particularly eye-catching.
- Murals are another attraction worth visiting in the temple.
1 Day Guangzhou Chimelong Safari Park Tour from $185
3 Days Guangzhou City Tour from $279
5 Days Guangzhou & Guilin Tour from $699
12 Days Beijing - Xi'an - Guilin - Guangzhou - Siem Reap from $2749
Hot Guangzhou Attractions
More Attractions in Guangzhou
Recommended Itineraries to Explore Guangzhou Attractions
If left with only one day in Guangzhou, a majority of tourists will pay a visit to the Yuexiu Park to see the Five-Ram Sculpture, the icon of Guangzhou. After the visit, you can walk to the nearby Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. If you plan to spend a night in Guangzhou, do not miss the Pearl River Night Cruise.
Day 2: Sacred Heart Cathedral (1 hour) → Shamian Island (3 hours) → Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family (2 hours) → Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street (2 hours)
Day 3: White Cloud Mountain (3 hours) → Guangdong Museum (2 hours) → Canton Tower (2 hours)
Day 4: Chimelong Tourist Resort (a whole day)
Three to four days are enough for an in-depth tour in Guangzhou. You can head for all the well-known tourist attractions and takes pleasure in shopping and savoring delicious foods on the pedestrian streets like Beijing Road and Shangxiajiu.
As Guangzhou is conveniently connected with Foshan, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, and Shunde by trains and buses, you can also explore these cities if having more time.
You May Like
1)Any nice food around that area to recommend?
2)Places of interest you strongly recommend that its a must to visit?
Hope to receive your reply soonest.
2. The must visit places include Canton Tower, Shamian Island, Shamian Island, Chimelong Tourist Resort, and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.
2. The cab fare is around CNY120 to 130 from the airport to Yide Station.