TravelChinaGuide is ready to serve you as an expert on China train tickets booking and guided tours. See China Train Tour Reviews from thousands of our customers.
Read 5547 Reviews in our customer center
Why Choose Us
- Instant Confirmation
- Delivery to Your Hotel
- Reschedule for Free
- 24/7 Dedicated Service
- Best Available Seats for Family & Friends
Quick Guide on Train Travel in China
China train system boasts over 124,000 km (77,000 mi) long railway, including the world's largest high speed train network connecting more than 500 cities across the country, and the highest speed can reach 350 km/h (217 mph). To plan a budget, convenient and safe travel, China train is your best choice. Start to search the timetable and book your tickets now!
- High Speed Trains The 22,000 km's (13,600 mi) high speed rail enables more than 2,300 pairs of daily bullet trains in operation, connecting almost every large city and top tourist destinations.
- First Class Seat vs. Second Class Seat First class carriage has four seats in a row while second class carriage has five, hence a first class seat is bigger and more comfortable. But its ticket price is 20%-40% higher than that of a second class seat.
- How to buy tickets Two methods: book with an online agency as early as possible to ensure the best seat/berth; purchase at a railway station with your original passport at most 28 days in advance.
- How to collect tickets Two ways: deliver to a hotel you reserved in China; pick up by yourself at a railway station with your original passport and pickup number.
- How to read a China train ticket Here are clear samples and explanations teaching passengers how to read the information on a ticket, including the station names and departure time.
- How to take a train in China Arrive at the right station an hour before departure, go through the security check, find your waiting room, and then wait for the check-in.
- What to do if refund, change or lose a ticket Tickets can be refunded or changed both before and after issuing, while a lost one can only be refunded after the journey.
- Weight & size limit for carry-on luggage 20 kg (44 pounds) per adult and 10 kg (22 pounds) per child, with the total length of each item within 130cm (51 in).
Best China Train Travel Routes:
- Beijing-Shanghai: 4.5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Tianjin: 35 - 50 minutes
- Beijing-Xian: 5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Guangzhou: 8 - 10 hours
- Shanghai-Guangzhou: 7 - 8.5 hours
- Shanghai-Hangzhou: 1 hour
- Shanghai-Suzhou: 23 - 44 minutes
- Guangzhou-Guilin: 2.5 hours
- Guangzhou-Hong Kong: 2 hours
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen: 30 minutes
- Xian-Shanghai: 6 - 7.5 hours
- Xian-Chengdu: 3 - 4.5 hours
Xinjiang Will Operate Five Pairs of Tourist Trains
Xinjiang Railway Bureau is planning to operate five pairs of tourist trains as of April 10, 2018, covering almost the whole of Xinjiang.
They are respectively: K992/89/92 and K991/90/91 between Urumqi and Dunhuang; Y951, Y956/7, and Y954 in north Xinjiang on the clockwise loop line from Urumqi to Beitun City to Khorgos and back to Urumqi; Y953, Y958/5, and Y952 in the anticlockwise direction; and Y962/3 and Y964/1 between Urumqi and Kashgar in south Xinjiang.
Tickets for Qingming Festival Available since March 7, 2018
After the Chinese New Year, the holiday for 2018 Qingming Festival is drawing near, which falls on April 5 to 7. With the presale-period of 30 days, passengers planning to have a spring outing during this holiday can book train tickets since March 7, 2018. For the return trip on April 7, tickets are available since March 9. As this is the first public holiday after the Chinese New Year and the weather is usually fine, it can be predicted that many will go on a trip, so booking in advance is necessary. TCG accepts your booking no matter how far in advance it is.