Big Savings! Service fee low to $5 to $6 per ticket!
TravelChinaGuide is ready to serve you as an expert on China train tickets booking and guided tours. See China Train Tour Reviews from thousands of our customers.
Read 2314 Reviews in our customer center
Why Choose Us
- Lowest Service Fee
- Lowest Delivery Fee
- No Change fees
- 99% obtaining tickets
- English Expert Service
- Best available seats for family & friends
Quick Guide on Train Travel in China
China train system boasts over 75,000 miles (120,000 km) long railway, including the world's largest high speed train network connecting more than 500 cities across the country, and the highest speed can reach 186 mi/h (300 km/h). To plan a budget, convenient and safe travel, China train is your best choice. Start to search the timetable and book your tickets now!
- High Speed Trains The 12,500 mi's (20,000 km) high speed rail enables more than 2,000 pairs of daily bullet trains in operation, connecting almost every large city and top tourist destinations.
- How to buy tickets Two methods: book with an online agency as early as possible to ensure the best seat/berth; purchase at a railway station with your original passport at most 58 days in advance.
- How to collect tickets Two ways: deliver to a hotel you reserved in China; pick up by yourself at a railway station with your original passport and order number.
- Which type of train and which class to choose High speed types are recommended, with second/first/business class seats for short-time journeys. Soft sleepers are first choice for an overnight trip.
- How to read a China train ticket Here are clear samples and explanations teaching passengers how to read the information on a ticket, including the station names and departure time.
- How to take a train in China Arrive at the right station an hour before departure, go through the security check, find your waiting room, and then wait for the check-in.
- What to do if refund, change or lose a ticket Tickets can be refunded or changed both before and after issuing, while a lost one can only be refunded after the journey.
- Weight & size limit for carry-on luggage 44 pounds (20 kg) per person, with the total length of each item within 63 inches (160cm).
Best China Train Travel Routes:
- Beijing-Shanghai: 5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Tianjin: 35 - 50 minutes
- Beijing-Xian: 5 - 6 hours
- Beijing-Guangzhou: 8 - 10 hours
- Shanghai-Guangzhou: 7 - 8.5 hours
- Shanghai-Hangzhou: 1 hour
- Shanghai-Suzhou: 23 - 44 minutes
- Guangzhou-Guilin: 2.5 hours
- Guangzhou-Hong Kong: 2 hours
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen: 30 minutes
- Xian-Shanghai: 6 - 7.5 hours
- Xian-Chengdu: 12 - 17 hours
Beijing North Station to Suspend Passenger Services Since November, 2016
As of November 1, 2016, Beijing North and Qinghe railway stations will suspend passenger services for about three years while Qinghuayuan Station will be closed. Passengers can still buy tickets from Beijing North but they can't get on or off at this station. The departure station of S2 line to Badaling Great Wall will be changed to Huangtudian temporarily. The departure or arrival station of eight pairs of trains will be changed from Beijing North to Changping North, including 1801/1802, 2559/2560, 2621/2622, 4471/4472, K275/276, K1015/1016, K1457/1458 and K1595/1596.
Nanning - Kunming High Speed Railway to be Opened on December 26, 2016
Nanning - Kunming High Speed Railway is going to be opened on December 26, 2016. Currently, it is under test run. This railway has an overall length of 440 miles (710km) and runs through Guangxi and Yunnan provinces.
When opened later this year, it will shorten the rail ride between Nanning and Kunming to four hours and the ride between Kunming and Guangzhou to nine hours.