Shanghai Bus and Metro Search Tool
1. The search tool has collected all of the bus and metro routes in downtown. The buses to suburban area as well as the Pudong and Hongqiao Airports shuttle buses are also included in.
2. The tool could not be used to search for the long-distance buses, such as from Shanghai to Suzhou, to Hangzhou, and so on.
3. Most of the bus stops of the city gained names from its nearby roads or the famous buildings, such as Nan Jing Xi Lu (Nanjing West Road) and Ren Min Guang Chang (People's Square). Few of hotels or restaurants are used to name a stop. If you would like to search a bus route starting from your hotel, please get an idea of the closest stop around it firstly.
4. Even it is the same road or buildings, there will be several stops set. For example, around Shanghai Railway Station, there are Heng Feng Road, Shanghai Railway Station North Square, etc.. When you search for a bus, you could input the accurate stop or just Shanghai Railway Station, and then the other related choices will be listed in the result.
5. Aiming to avoid the translation difference between Chinese and English, the supplied search tool gives a priority to Chinese Pinyin, especially when the stops were named by road or street.
6. Looking for bus / metro information on more cities? please click China City Bus Search
Public Transit Hub Bus / Metro Line:
|Shanghai Railway Station||South Square: 64, 95, 104, 109, 113, 302, 308, 315, 324, 328, 329, 801, 802, 584, 837, 927, 930, 845, 506, 941, Shen Fang Line, Shen Chuan Line, Sui Dao (Tunnel) Route 3 |
North Square: 106, 115, 117, 305, 306, 515, 516, 817, 823, 912, 928, 929, 942, 962, Xin Chuan Line
|Hongqiao Airport||806, 807, 938, 941, 925, Airport Bus Route 1|
|Wusong Ferry Terminal||116, 176, 508, 51, 719, 728, 769, 849, 952, and Baoshan Bus No.5|
|South Railway Station||Metro Line 1, Line 3; Airport Bue Route 7, Bus No.50, 111, 114, 156, 218, 816, 236, 301, 303, 315, 326, 341, 703, 704, 729, 747, 803, 857, 867, 957, 973, Nan Nan Line, Shang Cang Line, Shang Jia Line, Shang Shi Line, Shang Zhu Line, Xu Min Line,|
Attraction Bus Line:
|East Nanjing Road The Bund||123, 135, 305, 330, 37, 65, 921, 940, Tourism Bus Route 8|
|Xin Tian Di||927|
|Yu Yuan Garden||24, 64, 581, 715, 783|
|Jiangning Rd Anyuan Rd (Jade Buddha Temple)||19, 206, 316, 328|
|Zhujiajiao||Qing Feng Line, Qing Jin Line, Qing Shang Line, Qing Shi Line|
|Qi Bao (Old Town)||87, 91, 92, 735, 748, 803, 953, Hu Chen Line, Hu Song Line, Nan Jia Line, Hu Gu Line, Hu Kun Line, Tourism Bus Route 1|
|Wild Animal Park||Hui Chuan Line, Hui Song Line, Dong Ni Special Line, Zhang Nan Special Line|
|Metro Line||Bus No. from 1 - 996||, Da Qiao Bus Route 1 - 6||Sui Dao Route 1 - 9|
Tourist Bus Line:
|Route 1||The Stadium-She Shan Hua Suo Dao (Sheshan Ropeway)|
|Route 2||The Stadium - Huinan Town|
|Route 3||The Stadium - Huaxia Tourism City|
|Route 4||The Stadium - Grand View Garden|
|Route 5||The Stadium - Baoyang Dock|
|Route 6||Jiading Hotel ( Qiu Xia Pu ) - The Stadium|
|Route 7||The Stadium - History Museum - The Stadium|
|Route 8||The Stadium - East Nanjing Road/ The Bund|
Tunnel Bus Line:
|Route 1(Sanling World Expo Community-Dapu Qiao)||Route 2 (Shanghai Natatorium-Huafeng Rd Lingyi Rd)|
|Route 3 (Shanghai Railway Station-Qi Chang Zhan Ferry)||Route 4 (Science and Technology Museum Metro Station-Pu'an Rd East Yan'an Rd)|
|Route 5 (Nanquan New Village-Pu'an Rd)||Route 6 (Jinyang New Village-People's Square)|
|Route 7 (Chaling Rd-Dongming Rd)||Route 8 (Dongfang RdZhangyang Rd-Chuanchang Rd South Zhongshan 2nd Rd )|
|Route 9 (Sanling World Expo Community-Guangdong Road /The Bund)|
- Last modified on Jan. 30, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on Shanghai Bus and Metro
Asked by Fabian Bumah from CAMEROON | Apr. 19, 2019 22:02Reply
Free entrance to the tower
Is there any free entrance on birthday
Asked by Magda Greber from UNITED STATES | Jan. 25, 2019 11:23Reply
How much is the cost of a taxi to Shanghai Confucius Temple
I would like to go to the Confucius Temple from Nanjing Rd East; and then take a taxi back from Confucius Temple to Nanjing Rd East. How much does a taxi cost each way. Thank you
Answered by Tyler from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 29, 2019 18:34
Generally speaking, it costs CNY130-140 for single trip.
Answered by Magda from USA | Jan. 30, 2019 10:44
thank you for your reply, I appreciate your time.
Asked by Magda Greber from UNITED STATES | Jan. 24, 2019 11:12Reply
How do I take back on Shanghai tourist bus line route #8 from Confucius temple to East Nanjing Rd.
To go to the Confucius Temple, I take Tourist Bus Line Route #8 on Nanjing Rd East...but, how do i get back to to Nanjing Rd East.?
Answered by Aiden from CANADA | Jan. 24, 2019 18:55
Take bus no.68 to Jiading North. Then take metro line 11 to Jiangsu Road Station and transfer to metro line 2 to East Nanjing Road Station.
Answered by Magda from USA | Jan. 25, 2019 11:20
I appreciate your time, but as a Westerner to take all those buses and metro lines to go back to Nanjing Road is almost impossible. The Bus drivers, doubt they know English, much less on the Metro Lines. So, I appreciate your time. I will send you a better question, that i am sure you will have a good answer. Thank you Magda
Asked by M govender from SOUTH AFRICA | Dec. 30, 2018 19:52Reply
How do I get from Shanghai nanjing road to Xiu Chuan road?
Answered by David from NEW ZEALAND | Jan. 01, 2019 23:39
Take metro line 2 from East Nanjing Road to Chuansha Road, Exit 2. Then walk southwest around 900 meters to find the road.
Asked by Menaka from INDIA | Nov. 09, 2018 02:22Reply
How can I reach gulf tourism zone in Fengxian from Shanghai Pudong district?
Answered by Adonis from USA | Nov. 11, 2018 18:28
First, take the airport bus line 9 at T2 and get off at Shenzhuang metro station to take the bus Shennan Highway Line and get off at Nanqiao Bus Station. Then walk about 4 minutes to take the bus Fengxian No.9 and get off at Jinhuiang Road Guihua Road. Then walk about 10 minutes to the zone.